Chapter 19: You Are You

My Single Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 19 You Are You

 

Dreams do come true, but not if one just wait for miracles to happen. Miracles are something they need to work for themselves, here and now. Someone has to keep their dreams alive, and have something to look forward to. Like what the old sayings say, “Keep dreaming and reach for it and don’t let anyone stop you because by the end of the day, you are you.”

 

After the successful launch event of Tiffany’s place, Jessica formally made a comeback to her work and now officially started working at her office once again. Looking back three years ago, not a single employee dared to greet or talk to her because of her cold aura but now everything has changed. Hotel staffs and office employees would warmly greet her and she’ll return their greetings brightly with her lively smile.

 

“Good morning Sica-unnie.” Luna greeted upon meeting Jessica who just entered the office.

 

“Oh right, today’s your last day. Should we throw a farewell party?” Jessica said and relaxed her healing leg by the couch.

 

“There’s no need for that unnie. I want to spend my last day working my out. For sure, I’m going to miss this so there’s no need for a party.” Luna said.

 

Jessica took out a bio data out of her bag and showed it to her, “She will be the one to fill up your position. I’m showing it to you since I also have to get your approval as an experienced one with the work. I already talked to her and she agreed when she found out about the salary.”

 

“I didn’t expect she’s greedy.” Luna laughed. “But you picked a good choice unnie. She might even do better than I am. When will she start?”

 

“She’ll immediately start tomorrow. I didn’t tell Tiff about it yet because she keeps on saying that I shouldn’t be too close with that woman. She gets overly jealous all the time whenever I talk to her.” Jessica sighed and felt irritated at her imagination where Tiffany is bickering endlessly to her.

 

“I can imagine Fany-unnie freaking out when she finds out you hired her. Speaking of Fany-unnie, where is she now? She never came here since she formally resigned last week.”

 

“She chose to chase her dreams.” Jessica said and looked over on a seat where Tiffany used to sit on while waiting for orders. “She’s having a farewell party with her friends and they took a leave for today. She said she wants to spend time with them while she’s still here. She’ll move out to New York tomorrow too.”

 

“I see. Then I guess this office will quiet down soon without her loud voice.” Luna sighed as she wondered her eyes around the spacious office but occupied with silence.

 

“Yeah right.”

 

Tiffany formally submitted her resignation days after the official opening of Tiffany’s Place. Though she was hesitant at first because of the consequences that she’ll face once she decided to chase her dreams, Jessica encouraged her to do so and assured that nothing will change between them. While she’s spending time with her friends at the newly opened Tiffany’s Place, Tiffany couldn’t help herself but to think of what’s coming the next day for she’ll leave everything and everyone.

 

“Starting tomorrow, our Tiffany will start walking up to her dreams.” Sooyoung put up her glass of wine, preparing for cheers.

 

“To Fany’s success…” Sunny then also put up hers.

 

“For Fany-unnie’s achievements…” Seohyun followed up and raised her glass.

 

“Tiffany, congratulations. We’re proud of you.” Taeyeon was the last one among her friends to raise a glass as she ended the small speech before the feast.

 

“I will never disappoint you. Thank you for everything.” Tiffany held back her tears and together they made a victorious toast.

 

“We’re not only celebrating Fany’s achievements today.” Sunny announced. “Sooyoung will be promoted as a department head too! The old man will be retiring month from now so Sooyoung was recommended to take his position. The department head saw how hard she worked when we were still working on this branch so she successfully caught his attention.”

 

Everyone applauded from the announcement and Sooyoung even stood up as she boastfully waved her hands and bowed down like a boss.

 

“By the way, it’s not only me! We also have Taeyeon who will also start working with Jessica tomorrow!” Sooyoung interrupted her own celebration and applauded for Taeyeon but not Tiffany who is dumbfounded. 

 

“What?” Tiffany glared at the sudden revelation.

 

“Why unnie, Sica-unnie didn’t tell you? Taeyeon-unnie will be replacing Luna as her secretary since Luna will be attending her college soon.” Seohyun questioned Tiffany’s shocked expression.

 

Taeyeon remained mute and looked away from Tiffany’s death glare as she took a big gulp of her wine.

 

“Yah, Kim Taeyeon!” Tiffany roared in disbelief.

 

“Don’t yell at me!” Taeyeon whined. “Jessica talked to me privately about it. I was planning to tell you later today but these brats just blurted it out. I’m not after her Fany, trust me! I was tempted with the high salary! You know I badly need money too.” She then shielded herself from the upcoming wrath.

 

“You little!” Tiffany mouthed. “Don’t you dare to touch my Jessie or else I’ll come back here all the way from New York to cut off your head! Do you think I didn’t sense it Taeng, that you actually like Jessie and have romantic feelings for her? I’m your best friend so I know that looks of yours whenever I caught you staring at my Jessie!”

 

Everyone gasped and altogether they said, “For real?”

 

“Damn Fany, revealing that is unnecessary!” Taeyeon argued back. “And that’s an old story now. Yeah, I liked her, but it’s in past tense so there’s no need to worry Fany. I swear I will never touch her! I will only do my tasks and I won’t cross the boundaries!”

 

“Promise?” Tiffany calmed down.

 

“Yeah but it’s not my fault if she gets hot with me while you’re away. I’m too hot to tolerate.”

 

Tiffany’s jaw dropped from her last tease and Taeyeon ran away from them to avoid heavy swings of punches but Tiffany jolted up to chase her joker best friend that caused a loud laughter from everyone. As for Jessica, she’s keeping her day busy while constantly checking for their businesses statistics to avoid thinking of what tomorrow may do. Taking a short stop from her paper works after the straight eight hours of working hours, she makes way to pay a visit to their father who was said getting better from all his proper medications.  

 

“You look happy.” Her father immediately commented upon seeing his daughter entering his room with a crutch but with a huge smile wearing her lips.

 

“Yeah. I just feel so good today dad.” Jessica said and occupied the seat.

 

“I heard it from your sister; you helped your personal assistant Tiffany to go with her dreams. Or should I say your lover? Soojung told me everything about the two of you.” Her father chuckled.

 

“I’m sorry if I didn’t tell you anything about us dad. I couldn’t find a time to tell you everything about us. I thought you’ll be against us too, that’s why I was scared to approach you.” Jessica shyly said as she rubbed her temples.

 

“It’s alright but I have to admit I was shocked at first too when Soojung told me. However, you’re old enough to know what’s right and wrong and you’re not my little girl anymore who still needs my advices at all times. You can decide on your own now. You’re a full-grown matured woman, so don’t apologize for not telling anything. As long as I can see you this happy, I’m happy too.” Her father said and caressed the hair of his shy daughter.

 

“Don’t worry dad. I’ll let you meet Tiff once she’ll be back from New York. She can’t come with me today because she has to prepare for tomorrow’s flight.”

 

“It must be hard for you my dear, to be living far from her. It will take a long time and the two of you might rarely have communication because of the time zone. Will you be fine? Will she be fine?” Her father asked out of his concern.

 

“I prepared myself for the consequences dad, and so she is. We’ll get through this together and we already talked about it too. You worry too much dad. Who do you think I am? I’m your almighty daughter Jessica Jung!” Jessica said in confidence covering her face but deep down her worries and anxieties to be living far from Tiffany, are tingling her crying heart.

 

Jessica talked more of her lover and proudly showed off their pictures together on her phone to her father before she decided to go back home to end her day outside. Walking towards their room, Tiffany was seen standing like a boss in the middle with her arms crossed and tapping one foot on the floor. Jessica knew she has done something yet again by just the looks of Tiffany as she’s creasing her eyebrows and puffing heavy breaths as she entered.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter