Chapter 15: Scared To Love You

My Single Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 15 Scared To Love You

 

Why do some people choose not to voice out their feelings? Why do some people tend to sugarcoat their love with a fake hate? There are people who chose not to speak out because of different reasons and point of views. Nevertheless, it shouldn’t be kept inside because a person may also get destroyed inside, especially their hearts.

 

“Are you alright?” Taeyeon cautiously picked up the injured woman on the floor as she was carried like a bride.

 

“I think I hit my leg.” Jessica hissed in pain. “My pain killers are in my drawers. Tiff put all of it there.” She then said as she was placed carefully on a vacant chair inside her room to relax her body.

 

Taeyeon complied with whatever she’s ordered to do, from giving her the medicine and a glass of water to changing the ruined and stained bandage on her injured leg. Jessica was left no choice but to let the petite lady help her though she feels new with the feeling because she’s undeniably used with Tiffany who does all of the care.

 

“Done.” Taeyeon announced satisfactorily as she wrapped it neat.

 

“Thanks.” Jessica replied low with a pale smile.

 

“I’m sure if it’s Fany who got your call, she would have rushed back here like a superman.” Taeyeon said and went to sit on Jessica’s vacant chair she often uses for work.

 

“It’s out of whim. I’m supposed to call Soojung but I just dialed Tiff’s because she’s on my speed dial and she sure is late.” Jessica sighed as she looked at the time, past midnight.

 

Taeyeon checks on her phone and found no messages from Seohyun either. So she decided to make the first message and stated, “I’m at Jessica’s place. Is everything fine in there? It’s already past midnight.”

 

“Oh, you can go back home by the way. You don’t need to accompany me all night. I’ll call my driver to drive you back home since it’s kind of dangerous at a time like this. Also, you have work tomorrow, right? You shouldn’t be up this late.” Jessica said in concern while Taeyeon was silently typing her message.

 

“No, it’s alright. I feel bad if I leave you here alone waiting for Fany. I’m also worried for her. Making excuse at work is easy for me too, just say I’m sick and they’ll let me take a day off. My job isn’t that isn’t that important though, I’m just a caretaker for an amusement park.” Taeyeon said and started to reorganize the medical kit that they used.

 

To keep herself awake and to remove any gawkiness between them, Jessica decided to open up a topic that only Taeyeon can answer, “Did Tiff ever mention about her dreams?”

 

Taeyeon halted from organizing the kit and replied, “We haven’t talked about that but I do remember one thing. When we were younger, she always mention about how cool the models on a fashion show look like. She always watches fashion shows whenever she hangs out at my place. She looks relieved whenever she watches it. But because she’s timid and she used to lack self-confidence, she never attempted to try it. So maybe, just my speculation though, she dreams to become a fashion model.”

 

“I think so too.” Jessica grinned. “When I told her that she could just go and attend the models’ party, she didn’t act childish like making silly promises. When I told her she can go, she was so happy and it was my first time to see her glad like that.”

 

“Aren’t you frustrated? I mean, you guys are like glue and yet…” Taeyeon sighed and chose not to continue her statement as Jessica is seen letting out a weak and meek smile, a sign of loneliness.

 

“Tiff’s decisions aren’t under my control. I just let her realize her own desires.”

 

“You’re so considerate and thoughtful when it comes to Fany. She’s one hell of a lucky woman. Do you like her though?” Taeyeon leaned closer and teased Jessica using her suspicious smirk.

 

“W-well…” Jessica was taken aback when she was suddenly asked.

 

“Actions speak louder than words, you know.” Taeyeon again leaned closer, lending her ear near Jessica as she waits for an honest answer.

 

Defeated, Jessica confessed but grimaced, “I do. I like her but I’m so scared to like her more.”

 

“Why?”

 

“There’s a high possibility that she’ll chase her dream once she realized it and we’ll get separated for sure. I’m so scared to get too attach to her more than what we have now that why I’m letting her go wherever she wants to go and letting her chase whatever she wants. It’s not that I’m pushing her away though. I just don’t want to hold her back with her desires. That’s why I’m scared to like her more, to the point I’ll love her so much I don’t want to let her go anywhere.”

 

“I kind of understand you so I can’t oppose to your words. It must be hard for you too, huh? How about the promises she made you?”

 

“I don’t know. For now, I’ll just watch her grow more. As her president, I have to look after her too and help her out.” Jessica let out a satisfied smile this time as she tries to understand more the situation they are in.

 

“You’re really a professional. Then, I guess I have to stay until Fany comes back. I’ll be at the living room. Just call me whenever you need something.”

 

Taeyeon stepped out of the bedroom but only half-closed the door and made her way on the living room as she sat alone. As the time ticks loud in the soundless space, Taeyeon is keeping her eyes open, hoping that the door will open and that Tiffany will enter. However, that doesn’t seem to be happening anytime. Looking back to Jessica’s half-closed door, she can see her shadows moving and thought that Jessica is still wide awake like she is.

 

“Damn Fany, how can you make her wait all night?” Taeyeon mumbled, feeling sorry for the woman waiting for Tiffany to come back home.

 

During that time, the party is on wild as the jam of music turned into a club one. Everyone is enjoying the party, aside from Tiffany who is itching to go back to Jessica and ditch Nichkhun who keeps on accompanying her everywhere she goes. All the guests and media also started to get high with the music, holding a glass of wine and cocktails while they dance wild on the dance floor.

 

“Hey Seo! Can’t we just go back home?” Tiffany shouted to her ears as she battled with the loud sound banging all’s ears.

 

“Oh yeah, it’s this late already. Sorry unnie. I didn’t notice.” Seohyun said when she checked on her phone for the time and that’s when she saw her notifications, a message from Taeyeon and opened it as she read it with her eyes.

 

“Why?” Tiffany asked upon seeing Seohyun’s curled eyebrow while reading the message.

 

“It’s Taeyeon-unnie. She’s worried about us.”

 

“Ah, Taengoo is always like that. She worries like a grandma.” Tiffany replied and turned away.

 

“She’s at Sica-unnie’s place.”

 

When she heard her say, Tiffany snatched her phone to read the message herself. “Now I have a reason to go back at once, like right now. If only I can use teleportation.”

 

“Why? She’s with Taeyeon-unnie and they’re together, what’s with the rush unnie?” Seohyun asked as Tiffany is forcing her to go out of the venue, roughly dragging her out.

 

“And that’s exactly why I need to go back. Jessie’s with Taeng. I don’t know but I don’t feel comfortable with it so I have to go back!”

 

“Hey Tiffany! I can drive you back home.” The two women heard Nichkhun offering a ride.

 

“Oh right there unnie. Someone’s offering you a ride so you can just go with him and I’ll stay here with Yoona-unnie.” Seohyun pushed her nearby to Nichkhun.

 

“Please let me. It’s my fault why you stayed longer than you expected. I kept you busy so I feel responsible.” Nichkhun insisted with his hands clasped together for plead.

 

“Okay fine. But just drop me off by the intersection.” Tiffany rolled her eyes in annoyance and let the guy get his car as they both escape from the party.

 

After Tiffany instructed him the way through his phone’s GPS, Tiffany can only restlessly fidget her fingers by her lap while looking out through the window during the ride. This isn’t the first time she felt doubtful towards Taeyeon’s concern for Jessica and this isn’t the first time Tiffany felt nervous over Taeyeon’s sincerity for Jessica. For her, it’s unusual to see Taeyeon getting concern and getting close to someone else, same goes for Jessica who rarely meets Taeyeon.

 

“Why are you in such a hurry by the way?” Nichkhun asked when the traffic light signaled stop.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter