Chapter 7

Inseparable
As he heard footsteps coming in his direction, Taehyung lifts his head to greet the person arriving. "Kook-" when he abruptly stops. 
 
 
"Hey weirdo" 
 
 
Namjoon. 
 
"Listen here you little idiot, you need to leave Jungkook alone. That kid is way to good for you and extremely out of your league. He wouldn't ever return your feelings even if you told."
 
 
Taehyung gaped, completely surprised that the elder had found out the secret he had tried to hide for so long. 
 
 
"W-What are you talking about? I don-"
 
 
"God you frustrate the hell out of me, if you don't stop and leave him alone I'm gonna tell him. Tell him you love him and then he'll leave you forever. Because that's absolutely disgusting. Who would hang out with you when they find out you're a ? Who would ever want to hang out with you? Nobody. He's just taking pity on you"
 
 
By this point, Taehyung's eyes were watering and tears were about to fall. 
 
 
"Please don't. I can't lose him, I can't. He's all I have, don't take him away from me. I don't what I would do with myself if I did. Namjoon, I'm begging you, don't tell him"
 
 
Seeing at how desperately Taehyung was acting, Namjoon felt a pang of guilt hit him. 'Is this right? Should I be trying to tear them apart? Oh well, this is want Jungkook wants, so I'll help him get rid of the idiot.'
 
 
"Then stay away. He's better off without you as a burden to hold him back"
 
 
And with that, Namjoon silently treads away, another incoming figure approaching but one also hidden in the shadows,
 
 
Jung Hoseok. 
 
 
--
 
 
Hoseok was pissed. 
 
 
No, beyond pissed. 
 
 
He could not believe what he had just heard. How could you threaten someone for the one they love? 
 
 
But at the same time, Hoseok's heart was hurting.  He didn't know what the feeling was but it was triggered whenever Namjoon stated that Taehyung loved Jungkook. Jealousy? He wasn't sure. But what he was sure about was that the way Taehyung was being treated was absolute bull. 
 
 
He was disappointed. Not with just Namjoon and Jungkook but with Taehyung. Why? Because he had just degraded himself so much for his supposed best friend. And for what purpose? Because he had known him for years and years? Hoseok thought it was truly pitiful, he wanted to make Taehyung to smile. Smile that same, beautiful rectangle smile he had graced him with that one day. He was determined to win his friendship... and maybe even his heart. 
 
 
So he waited. No matter how much he wanted to throw a punch at the idiotic Jungkook for his dumb and idiotic responses slowly tearing away at his crush, he couldn't. He would win over Taehyung the right way, make him feel better about himself. He knew it would take time for that to happen, but it was worth it. 
 
 
Taehyung was worth it. 
 
 
-- 
 
 
Once Taehyung was left alone in tears due to to his best friend, Hoseok had had enough. 
 
 
So, trying to muster up as much happiness as he could in his furious state, he yells, "TAE!!!!"
 
Said figure turns around, confused and quickly trying to get rid of his tears; once noticing it was Hoseok, his face brightened. 
 
Sure, the end to his day had turned out pretty ty, but Hoseok was definitely the light in his now bleak life. 
 
He waited until the elder finished walking over to him only to have him lift him up by the waist and spin him around. 
 
"H-Hoseok!! What are yo- EPP" he yells out, squealing as Hoseok lightly throws him into the air. 
 
"HOSEOK!" chuckling now, Hoseok places Taehyung on the ground but Taehyung, terrified he was to be dropped, had latched his arms around Hoseok's neck and buried his head into his neck. 
 
"Hey Taetae!" he says, giddy to the young boy in his arms. 
 
Taehyung, head still buried in Hoseok's neck, now slightly blushing at the situation, responds with a meek "Hi Hoseok..."
 
Hoseok merely pats Taehyung's back as a response before letting go. However, Taehyung won't let go, the reason being was because he had shed a few tears while the embrace occurred, still upset at what had just occurred with Jungkook. 
 
Realizing Taehyung hadn't let go, partially feeling some tear drops on his neck, he lets out a quiet, "Tae... what's wrong?"
 
The reason Hoseok had feigned innocence was simple, he wanted Taehyung's trust. If Taehyung was comfortable to tell him how he felt, he would listen. If not, he wouldn't rush it. He would wait to gain his trust.
 
"Aish- it's these stupid allergies again... sorry Hoseok.." 
 
But Hoseok knew. And he decided to leave it be. Once Taehyung trusted him he would've d, so there was no need to rush it. 
 
"Alright TaeTae!" a slightly flinch from Taehyung, Jungkook had called him that all the time.
 
"Do you wanna get some ice cream?" Hoseok asks sweetly, separating them. 
 
"H-Huh?" 
 
"Let's go get some ice cream yeah?" 
 
"You know what," Taehyung states, now realizing he wanted happiness, he wanted to be happy. 
 
"Let's go!!!" he yells, grabbing the elders hand and starting to run, laughing. 
 
"Woah TaeTae!!!" chuckling, Hoseok began to keep up, heart filling with joy.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
Hello everyone!! Sorry for the really late update, this past week of school has been absolute hell. I ended up cutting again for the first time in a while, I really tried to listen to all of you and not do it but I just couldn't. I failed. I'm sorry.. I'm really sorry. Thank you for reading, I love you all, and I'm sorry. Comment below!!