Chapter 3

Inseparable

 

Trigger warning: self harm, while not explicitly and vividly described, it is mentioned. Please be careful.

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

 

 

Taehyung's mind is a complete and utter mess.

 

 

 

After Jungkook had complete blown him off for the first time in three years for movie night--actually, for the first time in the entire time of their friendship. Taehyung had never felt so alone and so broken at the sudden cut off.

 

 

 

He had also felt some of the same feelings he had tried so hard to repress for the past couple of years. Taehyung had always struggled with depression, its height peaking the time when he first drug a razor across his wrist. He hadn't understood at the time why there were so many emotions swelling within him that he desperately wanted to have taken away from him. He felt so alone, isolated from everyone. So very alone. Jungkook had never found out about his self harm. No one had ever found out because after the few times he had done it, Jungkook managed to relieve all those unwanted emotions of hatred towards himself. Eventually Taehyung had found his sunlight again and quit the awful deed. This happened around the same time movie night had begun. Three years had passed since that fateful first cut.

 

 

 

Those three years clean had been wiped away that one dreadful night.

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

After the weekend of tears and self-pity, Taehyung was faced a terrible predicament.

 

 

 

School.

 

 

 

Taehyung honestly didn't know how to feel at the incoming day but one thing was for sure.

 

 

 

He didn't want to see the boy who had destroyed him.

 

 

 

So in order to avoid the boy for as long as he could, mind you as they still had all their classes together, he decided to walk to school by himself.

 

 

 

As he began his walk towards school, Taehyung was wondering at all the possible scenarios that could occur once he reached school. Would he confront Jungkook and his friends? Asking for an explanation as to why he ditched him and lied about it? Or would he stay silent, act as though nothing was wrong and try to forget the incident; keep Jungkook for as long as he could before he left him. With all these thoughts along with the burning on the inside of his wrist covered by a jacket, he hadn't noticed a voice calling out for him.

 

 

 

"Hey Taehyung!! Wait up!" yelled a friendly voice, ragged and gasping for breath as he chased the boy in front of him.

 

 

 

Taehyung, startled, turns around to face the voice calling out to him.

 

 

 

"O-Oh hi Hoseok." Taehyung says, slightly surprised at how weak and fragile his voice seemed.

 

 

 

Apparently the older had noticed as well, "Taehyung? You okay?" he asks voice turned into one of worry.

 

 

 

Taehyung flashes a face of mild anger as he thinks back to the past Friday, how could he ask that question if he clearly knew what occurred? But then remembers that Namjoon's car only holds five people, including the driver and he hadn't heard the elder’s voice during that unpleasant phone call he had received. That's when Taehyung realized Hoseok knew nothing of the situation and was honestly concerned for his state of being.

 

 

 

His horrible, horrible state of being.

 

 

 

"Um.. I'm fine Hoseok!" Taehyung replied in fake happiness, hoping it would get the older off his back, even if he was being sincere, he really couldn't trust any of Namjoon's friends. His heart wouldn't be able to take the heartbreak if it was all just a prank.

 

 

 

Hoseok, seemingly buying it, responds, "Alright then! Oh, where's Jungkook? I never see you without him... You guys are basically glued to the hip!" causing a strain in Taehyung's heart.

 

 

 

'Well, honestly, he ditched me for people who are way better than me, I'm really annoying and it was about time he left and broken piece of trash like me' Taehyung screamed in his mind but instead says, "Ah, I just need to talk to a teacher before school about an assignment." Taehyung is astounded by how easily the lie slipped through his lips but shrugged it off, hoping the other would buy it.

 

 

 

Convinced, Hoseok began to drag Taehyung to school taking about mundane things that Taehyung couldn't process in his current state of mind.

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

As the first period bell had rung, Taehyung had noticed Jungkook and Jimin had not shown up. Well, truth be told, he was watching the door like a hawk for the past ten minutes, terrified the pair would walk in. His heart raced at the thought of having to talk to people who obviously didn't want to hang around him. Those ugly, fake emotions being emitted from them. Lost in his thought, Taehyung hadn't noticed two people, slightly gasping, run into class, clearly trying to avoid a tardy.

 

 

 

"Nice of you to join us Jungkook and Jimin, find your seats" the teacher said slightly irritated at the disruption of her class.

 

 

 

Taehyung’s head popped up, clearly not ready for this moment, heart racing with every step the two had taken towards him. As the two sat down, effectively sandwiching in the terrified boy, they merely glanced in his direction before muttering a quiet "Hey"

 

 

 

Taehyung, whose fear had now turned into anger, fumes 'That's all I get? After the hell you both put me through the past weekend and I don't even get a proper look in the eyes?' After crying his eyes out, after painting lines on his wrists, bleeding for his two friends, they can't even look into his eyes? More importantly, Jungkook. The boys had been friends since the moment they were born. Did their friendship mean absolutely nothing to him? When it was everything to Taehyung?

 

 

 

Taehyung, not replying, sat silently in his seat, not able to comprehend the situation at hand. Until a little voice in his head, the same one that had gotten him to take that pivotal incision on his wrist, whispered, 'Do you really think you're worth it to them? Especially Jungkook. He's so annoyed at you but he has to be your friend. He doesn't have a choice. He never wanted your friendship because you are nothing. Nothing. You irritate the hell out of him, he's never seen you as a friend, but as a burden." the voice chastises him.

 

 

 

Taehyung, sinking lower and lower into his seat, as well as inside his mind, misses the notecard sneakily being slid over to his desk.

 

 

 

"Sorry for missing out on Friday. Can we talk after school?"

 

 

 

Jungkook.

 

 

 

ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello everyone! Sorry for not updating.. I just need to get some things off my chest. I self harm and struggle with depression, I’ve had this scenario happen to me in the past. While it’s not the same story line, it really . I’m currently trying to figure myself out and what I want so if I go with updating that’s probably what it is but don’t hesitate to pressure me into writing ^^ Your comments honestly motivate me to keep going so thank you so much! Until next time!!