Chapter 10

Inseparable

"Tae I brought you-"

 

A gasp.

 

Blood stains the sheets, a deep crimson on once white colored sheets. A razor dirty with dried blood resides on the bed.

 

But the most horrifying sight to Jimin, is that of Taehyung's scarred forearms. Cuts litter both arms, an intricate set of lines each with a purpose. The lines are an angry red, recent and throbbing.

 

Taehyung just sat there, staring at Jimin. He felt completely exposed to the other male. He didn't know what to do. Jimin had seen them. Jimin had seen them.

 

Taehyung shuts his eyes tightly, hoping that it's all just a dream, fists clenched, praying that Jimin wasn't there that this wasn't real.

 

Time moved even slower, Taehyung, eyes still shut waited and waited until he felt strong arms wrap around his fragile body.

 

His eyes snapped open once he felt moisture hitting his shoulder. Jimin was crying.

 

"T-Tae" a choked sob rang out.

 

Taehyung couldn't respond, he was frozen and his body wouldn't move no matter how much his mind willed it.

 

 

 

 

"Please tell me yo- oh my God Tae, I-I, don't tell me you did this please, please, this isn't real Taehyungie, please tell me this isn't real, not you, anyone but you." Jimin stuttered out, this couldn't be true. Not him, not Taehyung.

 

"Ji-Jiminie.." was all Taehyung could utter as he suddenly found the strength to speak.

 

He then felt Jimin pull away from the embrace to wipe tears off of Taehyung's face. Taehyung flinches, unaware of the droplets cascading down his face at an unstoppable rate, a similar action occurring on Jimin's face as well.

 

"I'm sorry Taehyungie"

 

Taehyung broke, ugly sobs began to wreak his body, causing him to shake uncontrollably. Jimin pulls the broken boy into a warm hug once again, holding on to the boy as tight as he could, afraid he might crumble and fade away if he let go.

 

And there they sat, blood stained mattress beneath them as Taehyung finally had someone to lean upon.

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

It felt like hours passed until Taehyung's sobs gradually stopped and subsided, gently, Jimin pushed Taehyung away to meet his eyes. Well, his downcast eyes.

 

 Taehyung's gaze was trained on the mattress, in particular, the blood ridden razor blade; Jimin followed his gaze, seeing the end of the state and slowly picks it up. Taehyung's stare follows Jimin hand until he silently gets up and heads towards the bathroom.

 

Taehyung follows, unaware at what Jimin is about to do. Once arriving, Jimin throws the razor into the toilet and flushes. Taehyung gasps, the one thing that had helped him was now gone.

 

"N-No!" Taehyung is about to have a panic attack, he starts to hyperventilate until Jimin grabs his head and pushes it towards his chest.

 

"Tae breathe for me, match my breathing Taehyungie, there you go, that's it. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Tae, you're not alone anymore, I promise I won't leave you. You don't need that now because I'm here."

 

Now calm, Jimin pulls Taehyung by the wrist over to the bed once again, they now sit across from each other. There's a silence in between them until Jimin grabs one of Taehyung's hands and gently rubs circles on it.

 

"Taehyung... Why?"

 

And Taehyung spilled. His spilled his emotions, the terrifying thoughts littering his mind, the loneliness, the abandonment. Jungkook.

 

"I'm scared Jiminie. Why is Jungkook leaving me? Does he not love me anymore? I know I can be such a bother, I'm weird-- a freak but I've been trying really hard to fix myself.. I'm worthless but there has to be something, anything I can do to keep him. I'll do anything to chan-"

 

Slap.

 

Taehyung gawks at Jimin and clutches his now slightly red cheek.

 

"Sorry Taehyungie but you are none of those things, anyone who told you that should go to hell. Jungkook is an idiot. Please don't tell me that you're hurting yourself because of him. I swear to God I'm going to call him right now and beat his -"

 

"NO JIMIN" Taehyung yells, "YOU CAN'T TELL HIM" now under stress again, he begins to shake, wide-eyed stare focused on Jimin.

 

"B-But Tae. He's the one who's doing this to you.. he needs to know."

 

"Please Jimin, don't tell him. He'll see me as even more of a burden. I'll stop! Don't tell him, I-I don't know what I'll do if you do but... I promise I won't be here anymore once you do."

 

Jimin is in shock. He knows he needs to let Jungkook know, but Taehyung's threat was dead serious. The boy would vanish the second Jimin told Jungkook. And he was afraid at the manner in which he would disappear.

 

Unwillingly, Jimin accepts, "Alright Taehyung, but the minute I see you do it again I'll tell him. Just please don't hurt yourself anymore.."

 

Taehyung nods and let's out a small smile, a fake smile, he wasn't sure if he could keep his promise. Cutting was the one constant thing he could rely on.

 

"But I'm calling Hoseok."

 

Taehyung's head snaps up towards Jimin. Hoseok? No, he couldn't tell him either. He would abandon him as well and on to the fact that he was indeed a freak.

 

"Jimin-"

 

"No Taehyung. Hoseok is going to know about this as well, we will keep an eye on you, no buts. Hoseok cares about you as much as I do, he's been a better friend then I've been" he says, bowing his head shamefully.

 

Seeing the serious look on his face, Taehyung knew there was no use in fighting and let's out a weak, "...Alright."

 

And with that, Jimin picks up his phone to dial Hoseok's number.

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

When Hoseok arrived at Taehyung's home, he was still unaware at the situation at hand. He knocked on the door and Jimin, looking frazzled, opened, and welcomed in the boy.

 

Hoseok was still on uneasy terms with the red head, even if he hadn't said anything about leaving Taehyung when they were sitting at lunch that one day, he didn't do anything to stop it.

 

"So Jimin... What did Taehyung need?" when the other boy had called him to come over, he had just said it was an urgent matter and that he needed to come over right away. Hoseok wasn't doing anything at the time, mind wandering off to a certain someone at times so when he received the call he came over as quick as he could.

 

"Hoseok..." Jimin started grimly, "It's bad.."

 

Hoseok, now concerned, says, "Jimin just tell me, what happened?"

 

"Taehyung.. he needs help Hoseok, I-, He, um.." voice trailing off, Hoseok gets scared. Had something happened to his crush? He couldn't bear if something happened to him.

 

"Jimin, just let me see him, I can't be that bad, just a rough day right?"

 

Jimin, no longer able to say anything, just beckons Hoseok to follow him upstairs. Hoseok treads silently, praying nothing bad has happened

 

As Jimin opens the door to Taehyung room he says, "Brace yourself."

 

Confused, Hoseok just looks to a figure slouched on the bed. He wondered what was wrong until his eyes fall upon red lines gracing Taehyung's arm. He freezes. Shocked at the sight.

 

"Hoseok...?" a voice calls out to him, Hoseok snaps out of his fog and stares at the owner of the voice. He walks over to the fragile boy and grabs his arm gently, staring at the wounds.

 

"Hoseok." Taehyung says trying to pull away his arm but the elder won't budge and continues to stare. Taehyung, now feeling uncomfortable tries harder until he feels tiny drops falling onto his skin. He stops and looks up at Hoseok's face.

 

Eyes puffy, Hoseok snaps his gaze to Taehyung's eyes. The pain hiding behind Taehyung's eyes is terrifying and hurts Hoseok.

 

Hoseok then gently wraps his arms around Taehyung and lets his tears flow.

 

"Taehyung... please don't hurt yourself anymore. "

 

The boy who thought he had cried more than enough for one day, lets go once again; sliding his arms around Hoseok to pull him closer, burying his face into his chest.

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

After both had finished crying, Jimin had lead Taehyung to the bathroom to clean his wounds, wrapping white gauze around his arms to prevent him from harming once again. Jimin and Hoseok had threatened that if the tape was removed and neither had changed it themselves, it would be taken as another self harm attempt and Jungkook and his parents would be called into the situation. Taehyung, not wanting that to occur, nods in agreement. 

 

Once that was over, the boys led Taehyung downstairs and decided it would be good to eat out seeing that it was almost 7 and none of them had eaten yet. So the boys decided to head to Taehyung's favorite restaurant because even if the setting had caused this mess, it was a good place to eat.

 

Once arriving, Kyungsoo made eye contact with Taehyung and ran over to pull him into his arms. "Taehyung! I'm so sorry about yesterday.. I shouldn't have pressured you into that, I'm so sorry" he said and then let go of the boy, eyes downcast.

 

"Kyungsoo, it's okay, I just overreacted, it's not your fault," he replies sheepishly.

 

"Well if you say so, but I will treat you and your friends your meal so order up and I'll have it prepared!" he says, seating the boys and grabbing his notepad for their orders.

 

After ordering, Kyungsoo left the table. Jimin and Hoseok sat across from Taehyung, eyes boring into him. Taehyung just looks down, ashamed at all the things that had occurred.

 

"I'm sorry."

 

The two boys across from him merely stared in pity. They didn't respond. No one knew what to say.

 

"I'm sorry to bother you guys.."

 

"No Taehyung. You are never a bother. You're an important part in mine and Jimin's lives. If something was to happen to you.. I'm not sure what I would do.."

 

"Yeah Tae, don't be sorry. You've helped me before when I was bullied without expecting anything in return but now it's my turn to take care of you." Jimin adds.

 

"I just.. am I really worth it?"

 

"You're worth everything and more Taehyung."

 

And with that, Taehyung's eyes started watering and before he could respond, Kyungsoo had arrived with their food. They then ate in a comfortable silence as Taehyung thinks about what tomorrow will bring.

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

Once the boys had finished their meal, they decided to head home. Hoseok and Jimin really wanted to stay over with the broken boy but with Jimin’s home at full capacity with relatives and Hoseok’s parents strict rules on staying over during school nights; the boys could only walk the boy to his door safely and pray that he would keep his promise.

 

During the trip home, they had also convinced him to come to school the next day, in spite of Jungkook’s presence. The duo was very upset that Taehyung didn’t want them to talk some sense into Jungkook, but Taehyung’s threat was very real so they decided not to press forward.

 

As Taehyung walks to his room, he sees a portrait of Jungkook and himself, all smiles holding ice cream cones on Jungkook’s birthday. ‘I just wanna go back to that’ he thought before trudging to his room and throwing himself onto his bed. A restless night awaited him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

Hello Everyone!! I’ve been keeping my promise in not cutting so I hope I’m making you proud! My birthday is the 24th and I turn 17! Too bad I really dislike my birthday, my parents are always at work that day and they don’t even have to be because they own their own business… So I’m always alone that day, my brother is usually home but last year he didn’t even remember.. Nobody ever remembers either so what’s the point? I’m okay with being alone I guess, I was born alone right? So if I end up posting a really sad chapter about loneliness on that day I’m sorry >.< either Tae suffers or I do. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, Taehyung needed some love, but it won’t last for long hehe sorry! ^^ Until next time!! <3