Chapter 1

Inseparable

High school changes people. 

Taehyung can say that for a fact.
 
High school was supposed to be a joyous time for Taehyung and Jungkook. 4 years full of happiness but was undoubtedly met with tragedy. And it all began the very first day of school. 
--
"Hey Jungkook!" yelled Taehyung, excited for the start of a brand new school year with his best friend. "Tae!" the other responded with equal enthusiasm. 
 
The two boys had always met in front of Jungkook's house since it was right next across the street from Taehyung's and Jungkook always took longer to get ready. 
 
"Are you ready for our first day of high school?" asked Jungkook as they began walking to school together. 
 
"Ah.. I'm really excited but so nervous! I can't believe it's been so long and we're in high school now Kookie!" Taehyung replied nearing the school. "I hope we have classes together!" he added. 
 
"Yeah Taetae! As long as we're together, we can get through anything!" 
 
As the two reached the front of the school they began to get even more nervous at the start of a new adventure. Too bad all their hope would soon turn to despair. 
 
-- 
 
Jungkook and Taehyung walked into their first period class. The two had gotten lucky and received the same classes. 
 
"Hey guys over here!" their other friend, Jimin yelled. 
 
Jimin had become friends with V and Jungkook when he had moved from Busan, the boys instantly became friends with each other. The duo had saved Jimin from some bullies his first day and their bond grew from there. While not as strong a bond as the original pair, the trio were known for their fun and playful manner. 
 
"Ah Jiminie!!" Taehyung had said enthusiastically, practically dragging Jungkook along with him. 
 
"Tae chill" Jungkook said, slightly embarrassed at Taehyung's childishness. 
 
Taehyung, slightly faltering at the statement, deflatedly responds, "Oh sorry Kookie.." 
 
Jimin silently watched the interaction with bated eyes. Jimin knew the influence Jungkook had on Taehyung and Taehyung's feelings toward his best friend. Taehyung had feelings for the raven haired boy, but would never in a million years say them out load for the fear of ruining their friendship. Jimin knew of his silent struggle as Taehyung had completely spilled to him one night, revealing his secret love for the boy. 
 
"Hey Tae, come sit with me!" Jimin said, trying to bring up his friend's spirt. Unfortunately, Taehyung just smiles, the smile not meeting his eyes as he takes a seat. Jungkook takes the empty seat to the right of Taehyung. 
 
As class begins, Jimin throws a sympathetic smile towards Tae, who merely responds with a sad nod before turning his attention to the board. 
 
-- 
 
Once all of the days class end, the trio heads to the front of the school but are abruptly stopped at the entrance. 
 
"Hey you kid!" yelled a deep voice, startling the boys as the turned to greet the deep voice. 
 
"Ya! You with the black hair" he yelled pointing at Jungkook, "Come here."
 
Jungkook, startled, looks back at his two friends as they shrug. The boy finally turns and walks toward the group of boys. 
 
Jimin and Taehyung are left as the group of boys began talking to Jungkook, slightly out of hearing range. 
 
"I wonder what they're talking about.." Taehyung whispers to Jimin, confused at what's going on. 
 
"Same." the other responds as their raven haired friend starts walking towards them, the group of boys walking away from them. 
 
"Kookie, what'd they say?" Taehyung asks with bated breath, feeing uneasy for some reason. 
 
"Oh, well they asked if I wanted to be friends with them .. I agreed! They're pretty popular 
so yeah.." said Jungkook, happily. 
 
Taehyung's expression darkened, it wasn't the first time this had happened, but Jungkook had always made sure Taehyung was included; however to be very honest, Taehyung felt as if Jungkook was trying to pull away from them. Maybe not intentionally but it just feels that way. Taehyung and Jungkook truly had an amazing friendship, one to be envied and if they had gotten through other things, they could definitely get through something as simple as this. 
 
Regrettably for Taehyung's optimistic thoughts, this was indeed the beginning of the end. 
 
ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
hello everyone! nice to meet you! my name is lizz and this is my first story so if it's bad >.< don't hesitate to tell me. also I tried to read over it but I probably missed some mistakes. but thank you so so much for taking the time to read this! until next time!!!