Chapter 13

Inseparable

Jungkook was worried.

 

Taehyung hadn't answered any of his texts that evening. 
 
He knew it was harsh to just outright ignore Taehyung, but he had to. Well, he didn't have to. He didn't have to ignore him just to keep those popular kids on his side. He didn't have to break his heart. 
 
But he did. Jungkook trampled on the poor boy's heart without even knowing. He was unaware of the troubled soul across the street, crying his eyes out and craving an intricate picture on his skin. 
 
 
--
 
 
As Taehyung walked into school that day, it was extremely visible that something occurred. Jimin and Hoseok walked beside him, silently. 
 
Something had occurred but the two weren't able to get a word out of Taehyung. The boy just stayed silent for the most part, maybe he was tired, they thought. However they knew better. 
 
They weren't sure what had occurred after the two left him, but they wouldn't know anytime soon. Hoseok and Jimin worried however. 
 
They had gone to Taehyung's home earlier before the trip to school and everything seemed too quiet. Too still. Jimin had a spare key to Taehyung's home and when he hadn't gotten a response from ringing the door bell, he used it. 
 
Walking inside, the house seemed deathly mute, no sounds from anywhere inside the home. Fearing the worst, the boys made their way up to Taehyung's room and slowly opened the door. 
 
There Taehyung sat, curled into a small ball on his bed, awake but extremely still. 
 
The pair made their way over to the youngest and tried to talk to him. 
 
"Hey Tae... What's wrong?" Jimin asked slowly, putting a hand on the smaller's shoulder. 
 
When Taehyung visibly flinched, Hoseok slowly sat on the other side of the bed and whispered, "Taehyungie, please tell us what happened.."
 
But alas, Taehyung stayed silent. He refused to utter a single word and merely sat there. The quiet game continued for a few more minutes until Jimin checked the time and realized if they didn't leave, they would be late. So to avoid that, Jimin grabbed Taehyung's wrist and tugged him to the bathroom; grabbed some clothes along the way and shoved him along. 
 
After Taehyung returned to his bedroom, Hoseok pulled him over to sit on the bed once again. The duo had talked while Taehyung had gotten ready and were troubled that the youngest had taken up his dirty habit once again. So, the oldest rolled up the two sleeves of the others grey long sleeve shirt and began to remove the bandages, Jimin leaving to grab fresh ones. 
 
Hoseok looked at the marred skin and started to tear up a bit. How could someone as beautiful as Taehyung hurt himself so badly? Thankfully, none of the cuts were fresh. The lines were healing and turning a deep shade of scarlet. Taehyung flinches as Hoseok slowly pulls his arm up. The boy feels as if Hoseok is judging him, the scars were ugly to him and that he was a freak that Hoseok was going to abandon; while these thoughts swarmed in the male's head, they were abruptly ended when he felt a soft feeling touch the rough bumps on his forearm. 
 
He quickly turns his vision and attention towards the force. 
 
Hoseok was kissing the bumpy lines on his arm. Taehyung tried pulling away but Hsoeok had a tight grip on him. So Taehyung resigns, and allows him to continue. 
 
Once Hoseok stopped, he lifts his head and locks teary eyes onto the younger's. "Please Taehyung." 
 
Said boy just stared back into his pained eyes but did not utter a word. 
 
Taehyung felt guilty. He never meant for Hoseok to be upset over him. He didn't believe he was worth the ball of sunshine's beautiful tears. He shouldn't be upset, not over someone like himself. Taehyung believed he wasn't worth it. 
 
But to Hoseok, it was a completely different story. Hoseok deeply cared for the boy. His feelings may have even turned to ones of deep love and care for the younger. He had seen Taehyung at his best and now he was seeing him at his complete rock bottom. Nevertheless, he was determined to stay with him throughout, he refused to give up on Taehyung.
 
Their silent stare remained until Jimin walked into the room once again, unaware at what had just occurred. Hoseok stood up and proceeded to grab the coverings from Jimin, returning to the brunette to re wrap his bludgeoned arm.  
 
Jimin moved his way over as well, checking over the boy's arm once again, then wraps his arms around the other's shoulders. He begins to quietly hum a soft lullaby, as he tries to will the tears in his eyes to vanish. 
 
Taehyung finds a small amount of comfort in Jimin and Hoseok. He knew he was selfish. The two were trying so hard to help him but Taehyung was just closed from the world. Every time he found happiness, Jungkook would crush it. It was unfair. 
 
Once finishing wrapping, Hoseok pulled at Taehyung gently to ease him up, Jimin removing his arms. Hoseok then pulls the youngest into a bone crushing hug and motions for Jimin to join, effectively sandwiching Taehyung between them. Taehyung finally let his own tears fall, burying his face into the eldest's chest. 
 
 
--
 
 
As Taehyung and Jimin arrived to class, the younger of the two turned and waved at Hoseok, giving a small smile. Hoseok, as usual, gave his most shining smile, happy the boy had given some sort of response. He was trying and that's what mattered. 
 
Taehyung turned back to walk towards his desk but abruptly stops when he sees him. The person who had caused all this pain and insecurity. 
 
Taehyung didn't even want to look at the boy, he felt that his emotions would overwhelm him to the point of no return. 
 
A gentle nudge from Jimin brought him to his senses and urged Taehyung to move towards his seat. 
 
He didn't know how he got his feet to move but he started heading towards Jungkook. Jimin wasn't fast enough today, as Jungkook had taken the middle seat in the trio of their desks. Jimin could only look on in worry as he was forced to take a seat beside Jungkook and Taehyung sat two away from him. 
 
Taehyung was trying to keep himself calm. He could feel Jungkook's gaze upon him. This went on for a few more minutes until the brunette finally gave in and met eyes with the youngest. 
 
"What?" he choked out, regretting after hearing the brokenness within his voice. 
 
"I'm.. Well.. I'm sorry Taehyung." 
 
And with that, Taehyung knew he was done. Not even the throbbing pulsing through his thighs would stop him. He's pathetic. Taehyung was putty in Jungkook's hands. 
 
"It's okay.." the boy whispers. But it wasn't okay. Taehyung knew he shouldn't have forgiven him. 
 
Jungkook, actually taking the confirmation seriously despite the fact that Taehyung looked like he was to break down any second, brightened up and smiled at him. 
 
Turning back to the front to pay attention to the teacher, Jungkook's conscience was cleared. Taehyung could only stare in heartbreak as the younger had actually believed him. He desperately wanted the younger to ask if he was okay. The answer would have been no. 
 
Taehyung could only pray for tomorrow to come faster. Friday. The day Taehyung would finally spill his inner demons and get his best friend back. 
 
As Taehyung also turned to face the board, Jimin was fuming. He was completely frustrated with Jungkook. Why couldn't he see that he was breaking this boy's heart? He's completely shattered it numerous time. He was also frustrated towards Taehyung. How could he let someone tear him down so badly? The mute state he was in before was obviously caused by Jungkook. 
 
Jimin remained peeved for the rest of class until the final bell rung. 
 
 
--
 
 
Once Taehyung was with Hoseok after class, Jimin made up the excuse that he needed to take to a teacher; thus he left the duo and went to go find the person who stemmed this whole problem. 
 
He was looking through the halls, trying to find the location of the boy when he heard talking and quickly hid, once recognizing the voice. 
 
"Hey Jungkook we're still on for tomorrow right?" the deep voice asked, and with Jimin leaning over the wall to peek, he saw Namjoon. 
 
The look of Jungkook's face was one of hesitation. 
 
Jimin grew even more angry. He better not do it. He screamed in his head. This was supposed to be the day Taehyung spilled everything to this idiot who still doesn't get it. 
 
"Well..." he starts, "I have something to do tomorrow.." Jungkook says, nervously. 
 
"And what would that happen to be Jungkook? This party is basically your initiation. Everything you've been doing has been leading up to this, especially leaving behind that stupid freak." Namjoon says, bluntly. 
 
"But it's really important..." Jungkook trails off, thinking about Taehyung's face, feeling guilty. 
 
"Look Jungkook. If you don't do this, you're out honestly. It's probably not even that important anyway. Just cancel or something, don't let it ruin your chance. It's not even worth it." Namjoon pressures, getting to Jungkook. 
 
"You know what? I think you're right. I'm pretty sure that person wouldn't mind." Jungkook agrees, nonchalantly. 
 
Jimin has the strongest urge to grab and punch Jungkook in the face right then and there but as he sees them begin to walk away, but he knows he can't. Taehyung would never forgive him even if he deserved it. 
 
So the short male was forced to give up his task of talking some sense into Jungkook and walked back to his friends. 
 
 
--
 
 
Jimin trudged towards Taehyung and Hoseok, sitting on a bench outside school waiting for the male. 
 
"Jiminie!" Hoseok calls, smiling brightly. 
 
Jimin gives a grim smile in response, a smile that Hoseok caught, but Taehyung didn't. They needed to talk. 
 
"Hey Taehyungie, do you wanna ahead of us a bit? We're going to your house but I need to ask Jimin a question."
 
Said male just nods in response and slowly begins to walk away from them. 
 
"What happened Jimin?" Hoseok turns as soon as Taehyung is out of earshot. 
 
"It's bad Hoseok. Jungkook is gonna ditch Taehyung again tomorrow I think." 
 
"What?! Are you kidding me? He promised him he wouldn't do that!" Hoseok voice rises, now flushed with anger. 
 
"Look, I'm giving Jungkook the benefit of the doubt that maybe he'll snap out of it and come to his senses..." Jimin hopes. 
 
"Haven't we been doing that all along though? I don't want to wait for this to happen Jimin. I think this may finally break him." Hoseok says, coughing a bit and feeling a bit sickly. 
 
"I don't know anymore. I'm afraid Hoseok. I'm so scared at what might happen. I really don't have a good feeling about this..." Jimin trails off, heart clenching a bit. 
 
"All we can do is be there for him now... God help us. Come on, let's go. We'll be Taehyung's happiness right now, he needs it." Hoseok answers, cursing Jungkook in his head as he begins to walk in the direction of Taehyung's home. 
 
 
--
 
 
Walking to catch up to Taehyung, they finally spot the younger but there was a male in front of him. 
 
Of course, said person was Namjoon. 
 
Hoseok and Jimin looked towards each other and began to run towards their friend. Namjoon, now seeing them approach walks past Taehyung, roughly hitting his own shoulder against the other's, causing him to stumble a bit. 
 
"Yah Namjoon!" Hoseok yells to get the elder to stop but can no longer chase him as he climbs into his car and speeds away. 
 
The two finally catch up to the shaken boy who had tears b in his eyes once again only to force them down and face his friends. He gives them a weak smile and gestures them to keep walking to his home. 
 
Jimin and Hoseok decide not to press until they get to the residence. Silence fills the rest of journey home. 
 
 
--
 
 
 
"Hey ." 
 
Taehyung turns towards the dreaded voice, anxious at what was to ensue. He uttered no response and simply stared at the tall male. 
 
"No response huh? How rude. Well then, I'll just make it short and clear. Stay away from Jungkook, I know about your little interaction the other day, I wouldn't want our little secret to casually slip right?" 
 
Taehyung looks in horror. How did he find out about the rooftop? Taehyung said nothing in response, mentally pleading he wouldn't say anything. 
 
"Honestly speaking, he's doing so much better without you. He's made friends. Better friends than you. Nobody wants to hang out with a worthless person. You can't even talk anymore. What a burden. I bet Jungkook's relieved to not have to take care of your stupid self anymore" he snides, breaking Taehyung even more. 
 
Tears well in Taehyung's eyes as he waits for more insults to flow from the blonde's mouth, but were interrupted when he heard running coming towards them. 
 
Namjoon quit speaking, making his way over to his car, not before bumping shoulders with the younger causing his stumble and drives away. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I'm really sorry for the wait everyone. I can back from China and it was absolutely AMAZING. The people were so kind and caring, I cried on the bus ride to the airport when we were leaving, and now I'm back and I hate school. Honestly I've been so stressed the past week. I've had multiple thoughts of suicide and everything's just creeping up on me. It's my junior year in high school and missing two weeks has caused so much stress. All the homework and assignments i missed are killing me. It was really too much and I'm sorry to say it, but I cut myself for the first time again yesterday. I sobbed so hard in the shower. I feel incredibly guilty because of all the support you guys have given me. God I'm so sorry. I won't quit on this story but updates are gonna be hard, but I'll really try my best. My mental state is very unstable as of now. I'm sorry.