Chapter 6

Inseparable

As Taehyung sat on the bench waiting for his best friend, thoughts were swirling in his head. 

 
 
'Is Jungkook going to apologize to me? Is he going to forgive me for being a burden and an annoyance?' He thinks, now fully believing that it was his fault that Jungkook decided to leave him.  
 
 
When in actuality, Taehyung had done nothing wrong. It's typical human nature to need reassurance, but thinking about the conversation he wasn't supposed to hear along with the voices in his head that wouldn't let up, Taehyung was convinced it was solely his fault. Therefore, he believed that Jungkook was in the right to leave him. But that was the furthest from the truth. 
 
 
As he heard footsteps coming in his direction, Taehyung lifts his head to greet the person arriving. "Kook-" when he abruptly stops. 
 
 
"Hey weirdo" 
 
 
Namjoon. 
 
 
--
 
 
Jungkook approaches Taehyung, however he does not see the second figure slip away silently, leaving the slightly older male by himself. 
 
 
"Taetae!" Jungkook shouts with enthusiasm, a nervous feeling settling in the pit of his stomach, afraid of how this conversation would go. 
 
 
Taehyung, slightly pale, looks up at Jungkook with red eyes and manages a quiet, "Hey Kookie.." 
 
 
Jungkook, now genuinely concerned for his long time friend quickly responds, "Tae, what happened? Are you okay?" Once reaching the boy he puts both hands on his shoulders, slightly shaking him. 
 
 
"Oh yeah, I'm totally fine Kookie!" Taehyung fakes, hoping he would buy it, "My allergies are just acting up!" 
 
 
"Lies" Jungkook thinks, "You've never had any type of allergies" but Jungkook, knowing his other half so well, decides not to press further. He knew that when Taehyung would shut down and refuse to talk, he wouldn't. Even with the hardest pressing from Jungkook, the elder would refuse to say anything and prefer to fake until he finally broke and told. Jungkook knew he would always do that so, to counter balance that, he would make sure to spend as much time as he could with him and be there when Taehyung needed him. 
 
 
But Jungkook was curious, why was his friend acting this way? Had someone hurt him? Ironically the answer was Jungkook himself, but the younger would never be able to see that. 
 
 
So, to continue as he knew he wouldn't be getting answered anytime soon he says, "I'm really sorry for not going to movie night last week.." He says awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck. 
 
 
Taehyung, trying to test his luck a bit asks, "Why did your mom wanna take you out on Friday? And make you clean? She knows Friday's our holy movie night..."
 
 
"Um, she, well,... she was supposed to be having friends over and she wanted me to help out and stuff. She was gonna take me out as a treat for helping her... I wanted to go over but... It was kinda late so she wouldn't let me." He replies, not being able to look in the others eyes. 
 
 
"Bull." Taehyung whispers, now frustrated at the situation. 
 
 
"W-What?" Jungkook stutters, not sure if he had heard correctly. 
 
 
"I said..." Voice slightly rising, "That's fine..." Taehyung then gives up as he remembers back to a conversation that had taken place with a certain someone a while ago, so, with shoulders slightly dropping, he gives up. 
 
 
"Oh... Look Tae, I'll definitely make it up to you this Friday, I promise! The second school ends that day, I'll be at your beck and call, no exceptions! It'll be just us and we'll do anything you want!"
 
 
"A-Are you serious?" Taehyung questions, eyes in disbelief, this had totally contradicted what he was just told a short time ago. 
 
 
"Of course I'm serious Taetae!"
 
 
"But... But what about the rest of the week?" Taehyung asks, boldly.
 
 
Jungkook, clearly not expecting, and most definitely not apart of his plan, comes up with a response as best as he can. "Um, we'll see, alright Tae? I think I might be able to hang out with you the rest of this week too!" But as soon as he says that, he regrets it. This wasn't supposed to happen, he was supposed to be hanging out with the rest of the group those days and not with Taehyung. He really didn't want to hear Namjoon scoldings again. He didn't have any intention of lugging around Taehyung either.
 
 
"Really?!" Taehyung's eyes, now red free, lit up, excitement rising. He could finally have his best friend back! He was going to win against those mean jerks, he would get his love back... And maybe more. Taehyung was on cloud nine right now. He then grabs Jungkook's hand and begins dragging him home.
 
 
"Alrighty then, let's hang out!" Taehyung yells and laughs, absolutely giddy. 
 
 
Jungkook, seemingly not seeing the joy on his friends face but rather the peculiar looks on students face as he was dragged along, yanks his hand from Taehyung's. 
 
 
"God Tae chill, please. We're in public." He scolds, ashamed at the other, but sees his face drop. 
 
 
"Agh, sorry Jungkook, it's just been a while..." Responds Taehyung, mood completely dropping to the floor.
 
 
"I also was planning to hang with Jin and Namjoon today... I wanted to ask you Taehyung.. Could we hang out just outside of school.. I really wanna meet other types of people, we've been friends so long, we should broaden our horizons ya know. But you'll always be number one to me! We will always be friends, I promise. No matter what if you need something, I'll drop everything for you."
 
 
"R-Right... That's fine I guess, well I'll see you later then..." Mutters Taehyung again, turning around to leave when suddenly Jungkook pulls him into a hug. 
 
 
"Thanks Tae, I love you man" and quickly lets go, running off in the other direction "See ya!!"
 
 
"Yeah.. See ya..." The elder murmurs, almost to the point of crying once again.
 
 
"TAE!!!!" A cheerful voice calls out. 
 
 
Happy virus, Hoseok. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hello beautiful readers ^^ I hope you enjoy this chapter!! Thank you for reading. And thank for commenting, you'll never understand how much it means to me . It completely makes my day and motivates me so much. I've been so down but you all manage to lift me up. And I will forever be grateful. Thanks so much for the upvotes and comments and subscriptions, it completely blows my mind! Until next time! <3