Chapter 5

Inseparable

Hopeful. 

 
 
That was one word that Taehyung was feeling at this very moment. 
 
 
He was hoping that Jungkook, still not giving up on his best friend and love, would still come back to him. Taehyung would always forgive Jungkook in his wrongs. 
 
Taehyung had started to believe this whole situation was his fault. That he was the reason Jungkook wanted to stop being friends with him. And while the thought was far from the truth, Taehyung was determined to change himself. He would stop being so clingy, so annoying, so... dependent on Jungkook. 
 
 
He had hope his change would fix their friendship. 
 
 
Too bad his hopeful thoughts would lead to nothing but despair. 
 
 
--
 
 
After Taehyung's joyous weeping over Hoseok's idiotic comment, he found himself, once again sitting in class. 
 
 
He was thankful to Hoseok for being able to clear his mind of his supposed best friend and all the pain he had caused him. While the raw sensation on his flesh was now mild with pain, the ever present throbbing was there. 
 
 
He was hoping that whatever would result from the talk after school would be good, a fresh start in the right direction. 
 
 
So, as the final bell rang for the day, with lifted spirits, Taehyung stood from his seat and waited for his best friend to finish packing up his things. 
 
 
Jungkook, apparently trying to waste as much time as he could looked up at Taehyung as said, " Can you meet me at the front of the school, by the water fountains and garden? I gotta ask our teacher a question" 
 
 
"Okay sure, Kookie!" Taehyung replied cheerfully, skipping out of the classroom, leaving a guilty pang in Jungkook's heart. 
 
 
Jimin, who was still in the classroom as well says after the boy leaves, "Are you sure your gonna do this? You're gonna go against Namjoon?"
 
 
"Well, I'm not going to against him all together, but just manage to give Tae my attention outside of school ya know? That way no one will see me with him here. I might ask him to leave me be during school."
 
 
Jimin stared at his friend in disbelief, Jimin was trying not to be a hypocrite as he had also left Taehyung but was planning to stay friends with him. Jimin just needed a tiny break from the strange boy, but he wasn't going to leave him for something as stupid as popularity. 
 
 
"Jungkook... is that really gonna work? Will you be able to keep both of them happy? Taehyung really love and relies on you for a lot and leaving behind seems pretty harsh... Are you sure you're making the right choice?"
 
 
"Yeah, yeah. It'll all work out in the end, I guess.. well see ya!" he says running out of the classroom to meet his best friend. 
 
 
"I really hope you know what you're doing Jungkook... please don't break his heart."
 
 
--
 
 
As Jungkook finds his friend sitting out on one of the benches in the garden in front of school, he slowly makes his way over to him. 
 
 
He had thought out everything, Jungkook knew that nobody hung out around there after school so they would be completely alone. And save Jungkook the 'embarrassment' at meeting his friend. 
 
 
But why is it an 'embarrassment' to meet your own friend, best friend at that. Namjoon had finally convinced him that Taehyung was holding him back, so the only way to get ahead is if he let him go. 
 
 
But Jungkook is selfish. 
 
 
He would leave the other boy. He had to admit that the slightly older male had taken care of him many times and probably knew him better then even himself, but he was tired. 
 
 
Tired of having to spend every moment with the boy. Tired of always reassuring him that they were friends. But he wasn't too tired to have the boy not be his friend. 
 
 
All in all, Jungkook was a very selfish person. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Haha, sorry for no actual progress in the story. I'm writing this on the band bus to a football game as I type and on my phone so sorry for typos. I just really wanted to get this chapter out as soon as I could. I've been feeing pretty bad the past few day. Those bad thoughts just keep coming. I scratched at my wrist so hard that I started bleeding. Agh I don't why I'm feeling this way. Thank you guys for all the support so far! I love all of you!!! <3