Chapter 12

Inseparable

After Jimin had dragged away Taehyung with Hoseok trailing not far behind, they decided to eat outside for a change. 

 
They saw a small figure coming to join them as soon as they sat down. Yoongi. 
 
"Oh hi Yoongi! What's up?" Jimin asked, still grateful to the boy for what he had done earlier. 
 
"Um can I sit with you guys?" he asked, feeling stupid. Jimin really played with his emotions. Yes, the cold, tough Yoongi had fallen for sweet Jimin. 
 
"Sure Yoongi!" Jimin replied, grinning at the elder as he took a seat on the grass between Hoseok and Jimin. Taehyung sat across from him. The two locked eyes, before Taehyung broke eye contact to stare at the ground
 
"Tae, we need to talk about what's going to happen with Jungkook." Jimin starts. 
 
Taehyung just looks down at his arms covered by a huge hoodie. The ever present throbbing distracted him. 
 
Hoseok followed his gaze and gently took ahold of one of his hands before squeezing it. Yoongi just watched from afar. 
 
"Please Taehyung. I can't bear for this to tear you down more than it already has." Hoseok pleads. 
 
"I-I just... He's leaving and I don't know what to do anymore. He's leaving for good this time."
 
"No."
 
Everyone whips their head over to Yoongi. 
 
"Taehyung. If I can say one thing about Jungkook, he cares about you. He has always tried to include you when we hang out but Namjoon is persuasive. He knows how to get into people's heads. I know Jungkook cares about you, but he's just confused. Popularity is messing his head up. You need to fight for him Taehyung. If he isn't able to realize, fight." 
 
And with that, the bell rang to signal the passing period of five minutes. They silently stood up and headed toward their classrooms, not a single word uttered after Yoongi's statement. 
 
Just as Jimin and Taehyung were about to enter their classroom, someone tugged Taehyung's arm and pulled him to an empty room. Before Jimin could turn around and see the incident, Taehyung and the unknown person were gone. 
 
 
 
--
 
 
"J-Jungkook. Where are we going?" Taehyung asked the figure pulling at him. 
 
Jungkook stayed silent and continued to pull the boy until they arrived at the rooftop. 
 
Jungkook looked Taehyung in the eyes but the slightly older male broke the gaze immediately. 
 
"Taehyung. Look at me." Jungkook demanded but he refused to look up at him so Jungkook grabbed his chin and pulled his head up. 
 
"What is it Jungkook?" he whispered, chiding himself at how weak he sounded, hoping that Jungkook wouldn't pick up on it. 
 
But he did and he grew even more distressed. "Taehyung. What's going on?"
 
"Nothing, I'm fine Jungkook, I promise. Nothing's wrong." but he was lying though his teeth. 
 
"TaeTae please. It hurts to see you like this."
 
Taehyung grew flustered and was tempted to yell out 'It's you! You're making me feel like this. Why are you leaving me?' but he decided against it. 
 
"I just ran out that one day because my mom had texted me. She needed something, so I left..."
 
"But you ran out... and you yelled. Why? Was it something serious Tae? You know you can tell me anything TaeTae."
 
"It was nothing Jungkook, I swear." 'I'm scared you're going to leave me. Abandon me.'
 
"Are you sure Taehyung?" 
 
"I promise, if something was going on, I'll tell you" 'Please don't leave me'
 
"Okay than... well," He looks down at his watch, they were more than an hour into class and they couldn't walk in without a pass so he says, "Let's just stay up here and talk Taehyungie. We haven't done that in a while"
 
Taehyung responds with a bright smile and nods, "That would be awesome!"
 
 
--
 
 
Taehyung and Jungkook were laughing so hard, tears were falling from their eyes. 
 
"Jungkooooook!! Haha! Did you really do that?!" 
 
"That's not even the best part Tae!" he replies, "I-" and the end of the day bell rang. 
 
The boys had spent 3 hours up on the rooftop until the bell had rang. They both immediately stop and stare at each other. 
 
"Um. Well I'm gonna go now Tae, I gotta do something after school right now, I uh can't be late. Bye! I'll see ya Friday!" 
 
And there Taehyung was left. As if the past three hours meant nothing to the younger male. But Taehyung wasn't going to cry or be sad. He was going to fight for this friendship. Popularity was only an obstacle that they could get over. Friday was when Taehyung would finally confess all the things he had felt for the past few days. Show the marks on his wrist. Spill everything he could. But for now, he would wait and try his best to be happy with Hoseok and Jimin. 
 
And with that, Taehyung grabbed his stuff and head to meet up with Jimin and Hoseok. 
 
 
--
 
 
Once arriving to his classroom, he saw Jimin talking to Hoseok and once he saw Taehyung, he made his way over to him. 
 
"Tae what happened? Where did you go?" Jimin inquired. 
 
"Jungkook pulled me up to the rooftop and we just talked."
 
Jimin and Hoseok, who had just
walked over, looked surprised. "Oh, just.. talked?" Hoseok said. 
 
"Yeah..."
 
"Did you tell him about how he was making you feel?" 
 
"N-No I couldn't. I'm gonna wait til Friday... I'm afraid of his reaction."
 
"Well..." deciding not to push any further, Jimin says, "Let's go do something!" 
 
"Yup alright then, where do you wanna go Tae?" Hoseok asks. 
 
"Um... to the arcade?" 
 
"Let's go then!!" Jimin says and walks from the school, a pair of eyes watching as they left. 
 
 
--
 
 
Jungkook stared in jealousy as he watched Hoseok grab Taehyung's hand to pull him from school. 
 
There he was, standing with Namjoon, Seokjin, and Yoongi, along with some other 'popular' people standing around him. 
 
He stared in envy but he didn't know why. Well that was his best friend, but they've had other friends before. It was different for some reason. He was angry that Taehyung was hanging out with other people but he knew that was selfish. it was his idea to distance themselves, so why does he feel this way? 
 
It's because Jungkook is an idiot. He doesn't realize that he already has everything in Taehyung. Jungkook hasn't realized that he's making the biggest mistake in his life. 
 
"Hey Jungkook let's go!" Namjoon said, pulling the boy out of his thoughts. He didn't even know where they were going, a party maybe? Jungkook didn't know but he would rather go somewhere else, an arcade, anywhere. He wouldn't dare say with who though. How could he be such a hypocrite when he was the one who wanted distance? 
 
Jungkook silently followed behind the group as he watched his best friend walk off, smiling brightly. 
 
 
--
 
 
"Ugh Jimin!!" Taehyung exclaimed. 
 
"Aw don't be a sore loser Taehyungie! I know it's only like the the 15th time I've beat you" Jimin laughed. 
 
"Hoseok! Tell Jimin to stop!" he says childishly, pouring at the say time. 
 
"Tae it's not my fault you at this game." Hoseok replies, chuckling while ruffling his hair. 
 
"Yah not you too Hoseok!" He yells pushing his hand away while continuing to whine and pout. 
 
"Alright, alright. But it is getting late" Jimin says, looking at the time on his phone, 7:50, "I gotta get home, mandatory family dinner as per mom" he adds, rolling his eyes slightly. 
 
"Ah same." Hoseok replies and grabs his backpack from the ground. "Tae are you gonna be okay going home by yourself? My parents are gonna yell at me if I get home late."
 
"Yup don't worry I'll be fine" he says, not wanting to be a burden to the two anymore. 
 
"Alright TaeTae! I'll see ya at school tomorrow! If you need anything just text is okay? Don't hesitate." Hoseok chimes before walking out the door from the arcade. 
 
"See ya Taehyungie!" Jimin also says and walks out as well. 
 
"Bye guys!!" Taehyung yells as he's left alone. He starts his journey home as well.  He was really happy, even though he lost most games, he didn't feel lonely at all with Jimin and Hoseok there. 
 
Hoseok... Hoseok was a weird subjuct to Taehyung. The boy had been so nice to him the past few days and hadn't left him alone at all. He understood Taehyung and listened to him. The most important thing was that he was there for him because that's what Taehyung needed. 
 
It just wasn't the same as Jungkook however. Taehyung loved Jungkook and he loved Hoseok but not in the same way. His heart doesn't flutter and he doesn't get any butterflies with Hoseok but a million times with Jungkook. 
 
Taehyung sighed. He was nearing his house  and notices a car in front of Jungkook's home. It was Namjoon's and was packed with people. 
 
He saw Jungkook stepping out from the car and turning back to speak with the people in the car. Since he was across the street, he could hear their conversation but he did notice when Jungkook and him locked eyes as he looks up. 
 
They stare at each other for a bit and Taehyung, unconsciously raises his hand and waves at the boy while smiling a bit. 
 
He doesn't receive any response and the younger snaps his eyes back to the Namjoon before a bit of conversation took place and Jungkook looks at Taehyung for a bit before turning his back and heading to the front door of his house. The boy opens the door and slams it without turning around to face Taehyung. 
 
Taehyung's smile falls from his face as he clenches his hand into a fist and notice the car full of people laughing at him. Taehyung then runs to his front door, struggles to unlock it from the tears welling in his eyes, opens it and slams the door before sliding down to the floor.
 
How could a person make the boy laugh tears of joy and tears of sorrow in the same day? 
 
"Why does it have to be you?" He questions while tears cascade from his eyes. 
 
Struggling, Taehyung reaches his room and goes to the bathroom to receive the one thing that helps him in times like this. 
 
His razor. 
 
Unable to take off the bandages on his arms due to fear of punishment, he decides to paint his next picture of his thigh. 
 
Cries echoed through the empty house as unanswered texts and calls were being missed from a shut off phone. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
 
 
 
I felt bad for not updating so here it is!! Sorry for the ending guys :/ Now I need to go to sleep because I need to leave the house at 5 in the morning and it's 11:24 pm here and I need to sleep ^^ I'm sorry I won't be able to respond to your comments from the last chapter! I'll try to do it in the morning but thank you to all that wished me a happy new year! I hope this year is great for all of you!! until next time!!  
 
PS THIS ISNT PROOFREAD IM SORRY IM TIRED PLS EXCUSE MY TERRIBLE ENGLISH SKILLS