The new daily routine and then Summer

Not Everything is About Summer

"Ngh!"

 

"Chanyeol, don't cry."

 

"B-b-but it hurts!"

 

"Why are you still hurting? I put a generous amount of oil and still... too painful for you."

 

"Because you're rough, be gentler please."

 

"I'm gentle."

 

"...hurts"

 

'Sigh’ “Let’s work on this together, okay?"

 

"O-okay"

 

"I'll pull it slowly."

 

"Nnnnhhhggg...."

 

"Shh... I'm working on it."

 

"NOOOO! KREEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE! STOP! STOP! IT HURTS! IT HUUUURRRRTTTTSSS!"

"Okay! Okay! You don't need to shout! Geez!"

 

Chanyeol wipes the sweat trickling from his temple while breathing languidly. He is sitting on the bed with arched back and heaving chest.

He looks at his left hand and the ring is still on his oily finger. He sighs in his disappointment.

 

"This is your fault. I don't get you putting this on me." Following the chuckling blond with his eyes goes to the other end of the bed which is behind him, Chanyeol sees him taking off his white shirt. He quickly turns his eyes away and he feels the blood is rising to the mid-part of his face again (it’s commonly happening now).

“Hey.” He knows, behind him, Kris has a smug face on. There’s a weight coming closer to him and then warm breath touches the back of his head. “Chanyeol, your face is so red.”

“Huh?” He covers his startle with a goofy laugh. “Y-yes, the weather is so hot.” He fans himself with his sticky hand and comes aware of the micro amounts of oil splatter to his face.

“Right, you’re sweating a lot.” Kris puts his used shirt to Chanyeol’s lap and gets up from the bed. The confused brunet spreads the crumpled cloth, which is covered with oil as well that may be from Kris’ hand, then traces where the blond go. He spots him proudly standing at the door with his topless torso, facing him with his back. Kris must have less muscle but he had a nice broad figure of a man.

When the taller boy faces to his side, Chanyeol averts his eyes to the carpeted floor. He hears the other chuckles but he does not glance to him again. The brunet then sees a shadow moving forward to him and feet blocks the certain spot he is staring at the ground.

“You need to go to the shower, wanna join me?” Eyes still glued to the floor, he stiffly refuses the offer. “Okay.”

A few minutes after Kris’ departure to the shower, he also gets inside the bathroom to wash his oily hands on the sink. Even with the soap, his ring still doesn’t come off. Chanyeol blows the hair that is covering his sight in frustration. Kris has really gone overboard with this ‘couple thing’.

In the middle of rubbing his hand clean, his eyes wander to the reflection of the shower stall. The enclosed area is covered with frosted glass and a form is moving inside there. Days must have passed since Chanyeol lives in Kris’ unit but he never sees him again since the last time that boy was sick. And, this is that chance — but a blurry version.

Unconsciously his eyes stare lower and that is Kris’ . Chanyeol does not take his eyes off the glass only until the other boy in the shower turns around. A red exclamation point pops out from his mind that swiftly changes the direction of his focus, noticing his hand still has the stubborn oil. Why it's not coming off?

"Need a hand?" Chanyeol swears his heart jumps out of him. The fresh-from-the-bath-Kris is just behind and too close that Chanyeol can feel something poking him.

"Damn it, Kris!" He elbows him but the man stays and assists in washing his hand. "Are you some kind of a ert shoving yourself to me wearing nothing but a towel?"

The silly boy moves closer giving electric shock Chanyeol. The brunet sees his own reflection which can be compared to a frightened cat.

"Why? I don't see something wrong with my action." Kris blinks innocently but it won't fool Chanyeol. "I saw you struggling so I came here to lend you my hands."

"I don't need your help! I'm going in the shower anyway!" Chanyeol pushes one of his arms off that's blocking his way, zooming to the stall.

Before he completely closes the door, he pays one glance to his other half — glaring. And as expected, Kris has a smug face on. How could he stand there with pride while almost ?

Slamming the door, Chanyeol hisses and says, "Get out!"

"Heh, after you intruded here while I was washing myself? Who’s the ert now?"

"S-sh-sh-shu-shut up!" Kris mockingly laughs at him before he seriously leaves him alone.

Chanyeol turns around and huffs his frustration out. “Stupid Krease.”

 

✿✿✿

 

45 minutes have passed but Kris’ wife is not in their shared bedroom yet. losing the remaining patience inside him, he comes out of the room and catches Chanyeol sitting on the couch and about to turn the TV on with the remote. He breathes deeply, pacing his feet forward the other teen. Snatching the remote from Chanyeol, Kris puts his hands on his own hips and raises an eyebrow at him.

“What are you doing?” He asks and the brunet pouts like a kicked puppy. The taller boy cannot wait to bring this cute creature inside the room.

“I’m going to watch the news,” Chanyeol replies with a shrug.

Kris nods, tossing the remote beside his wife — then, he sees the right moment to lift him off of there. Chanyeol whines as Kris carries him over his shoulder while kicking the air.

“Krease, put me down!” He cries and Kris simply smirks dashing their way to the bedroom.

“We have school tomorrow, Chanyeol.” He carefully settles the boy to the bed.

“So mean.” His pitiful yet adorable wife calms down when he presents his stuffed alpaca to him. Ace is his name and he has been Kris’ companion since birth.

Chanyeol collapses with his side on the bed while cuddling the white plushie. He willingly lifts himself as Kris pulls the blanket and covers him.

When the blond turns the light off and joins him, he faces the opposite direction and it doesn’t stop the husband to pull him close.

“Honey, how can I kiss you if you face that way?” He nuzzles his nose to Chanyeol’s nape, smelling the milky fragrance of their shared soap.

“No kiss tonight,” Chanyeol announces and Kris simply chuckles to his cold treatment — tightening the hold on his waist.

“Fine.” Like Kris will give up. He pecks the boy on the back of his neck that makes him jerk and turn around. The blond smirks in satisfaction. His naughty mind never lets him down.

“Your clinginess is TOO much but still the lamest deepest-darkest-secret ever,” Chanyeol mumbles with closed eyes. “A six-feet-something-something-guy owns a girly llama and claims it’s a boy. Yeah, it’s sure weird but you can brush it off with no effort.”

“What about you, princess?” The brunet has his eyes opened and straightly looking at Kris. “A black-belter-lanky-creature wants to be treated like a princess. It’s funny but honey, pull something more incredible out of your closet.”

Chanyeol playfully taps his finger to Kris’ chin. “You don’t know a lot of things about me and I don’t know a lot of you too. Fair play. Ow.”

Kris bites his finger. “We’ll open each other’s pages don’t worry.”

Chanyeol passively nods, closes his eyes again and yawns. With his endearing face, his husband kisses him on top of his head.

He tiredly whines. “No kiss.”

“Sshh… no more.”

 

✿✿✿

 

At exactly 5:30 in the morning, Chanyeol wakes up and prepares breakfast for him and for the unit’s owner. He hums a cheerful melody as he waits for the meal to be cooked.

“Good morning.” He hears someone behind him which he responses with a simple...

“Morning.”

“Chanyeol.” He looks back at that person, and finds him sitting at his usual spot, pointing on his lips. Knowing what Kris’ means, he sighs and goes towards him. He leans forward the blond for their morning kiss.

Chanyeol returns to the counter and picks the bread from the toaster. He pours Kris some black coffee to his cup after he serves their morning meal.

“You’re getting familiar to my taste.” Kris sips his coffee while Chanyeol stares at him with amusement. While doing so, Chanyeol notices the other boy’s hand.

“Kris, your ring.” The blond looks at his fingers and continues sipping his drink like nothing is wrong at all.

“It’s better this way. You know the ‘House Bond’ is only between the two of us.” After having one more sip, he stands from his seat.  “Just be careful with your ring.”

“Are you leaving now?”

“Yes. We talked about this before, right?” From the way he talks, Chanyeol is aware Kris’ leader mode is activated. “Wait here for a while.”

With Chanyeol’s nod, his husband leaves without kissing him. Oh my! Why is he even anticipating a kiss?

 

Sitting on the chair, he consumes a little of his meal and then gets up, making sure the kitchen is tidy before he gets ready for school. Oh, there are two lunch boxes sitting on the counter. He forgot to remind Kris about it earlier so he is obliged to bring it for him.

Moving on, he straightens his blue and white tie while looking at himself in the mirror and later combs his hair. He pouts because his new hairstyle makes him more like a puppy. It’s shorter and curly but not as curly as before.

Checking everything is set, Chanyeol leaves the apartment.

 

Kris’ place is farther than the Shen’s resident that Chanyeol needs to ride a bus in order to come to school. But, he prefers this route more since he can take a nap and listen to music while on the trip.

 

When he finally arrives at his classroom, everyone, including Kris and Shen are scattered at the surface. Some are standing and some are sitting — but not in their usual seat. Their homeroom teacher is already at his desk giving Chanyeol the thought that he is late but his watch says he's 10 minutes earlier. 

“Good timing Mr. Park Chanyeol, you sit there on the rightmost seat on the third row.” Their teacher calmly points to Chanyeol’s new spot with his pen then focus on the piece of paper in his hand again. He is taking Kris’ seat.

Taking his earphones off, he looks at the said boy, who is in this rare instance side by side with his best friend and standing at the back. The now-lighter-pink-haired Shen just nods once and that’s unusual for her insane-hype. It must have something to do with his parents’ instruction to the Shens.

Chanyeol slowly walks to his new seat while feeling everyone’s eyes are on him. The pressure stops when he sits and his teacher continues calling names and assigning them to their respective places.

After the third row is filled with students, Kris is called next and he is directed to the seat behind Chanyeol and then Shen will be beside him. Chanyeol is clueless of their seat plan’s basis. It’s not alphabetical order — or not base with their heights either. When everyone settles in, their teacher starts their homeroom session.

“We have a transferee coming tomorrow.” Although it’s uncommon to have a new classmate in the middle of the school year, none of them are excited about their teacher’s announcement. “I hope you’ll be nice to the kid.”

As the teacher discuss more things, Chanyeol glances to the people at his back, namely Shen and Kris. He can see the undesirable future of those two just from seeing their electrocuting glares to each other. He shakes his head in hopelessness then, his eyes passing the empty space beside him. Like everyone else, Chanyeol does not care who this new person is and instead lends his ears to their speaking teacher in front.

 

At break, Chanyeol walks in the corridor with his backpack slings on his shoulder. A presence is following him and when he looks back, there’s a pink bush poking on one of the pillars. He rolls his eyes and chuckles because he knows that person so much. There are girls who wave at him but get horrified when they look behind. Shen has a serious problem about living Chanyeol alone.

Reaching the end of the corridor, he decides to approach his loyal and protective friend. Shen is surprised of his sudden movement that she cannot flee from the corner where she’s stuck.

“I’m five meters away but you-but you — Oh my god! I’m dead to your parents!”

“Shen.” Chanyeol removes her panic away with his stern tone and holds her shoulder. Well… that’s what he thought.

“I did not touch you but you-but you — Oh my god! I’m dead to your parents!”

“Shen.” Chanyeol doesn’t remove his hand from her shoulder but he is laughing this time because she looks and acts pretty hilarious. “I know you can’t get away from your daily routine and I’m okay with that. But, please, stay here for a while. There’s a little errand I need to attend to… alone.” The girl does not look him in the eye and reluctantly, she nods in understanding. “Good, I’ll be back shortly.”

Chanyeol turns around and climbs the staircase from there. On top of the path, Kris is standing idly near the window and turns his head as he senses him.

“So what is it, Chanyeol?” He asks still in his composed school president tone.

Earlier in the middle of the class, Chanyeol sneakily texted his husband so he can meet him here. He nods and opens his bag to pull one of his brought lunch boxes.

“Here.” He humbly offers it with his two hands to his husband.

“You made me lunch?” Kris’ face brightens like there is something twinkling in his eyes. Chanyeol affirms which the blonde uses as a signal in taking the neatly wrapped meal from him.

“I’m just abiding to your wife's concept. And don’t worry; we have a different layout from one another. If you don’t want it, I’m gonna—” Kris captures his lips before he can complete his speech. It is a sweet-five-second kiss.

Kris separates from him while smiling dreamily, opposite from his reaction.

“You’re the one who says to be discreet! But, WHAT-ARE-YOU-DOING?” He feels like a boiling teapot with a steams coming from his ear and his heart pounds so crazy.

“Sshh… I’ll kiss you again if you don’t shut your mouth.” And with that simple warning, Chanyeol obediently cools down. “And, why are you assuming that I don’t want it? Can’t you see how happy I am?” Yes, it is very obvious that the brunet keeps his silence. “Anyway, are you going to eat here with me?”

“Shen is waiting downstairs, sorry.” Kris looks disappointed but he shows his consideration.

“Okay, see you later.” Chanyeol hurriedly goes down and finds Shen is still waiting for him there.

 

After the fifth period, some students excuse themselves from the regular class for their individual club activities. Chanyeol may not be a member of the taekwondo team anymore but he is not excluded from his fellows and leaves their classroom as well. His History teacher seems to receive a heads up for the new group he will join to that he doesn't question his exit. Initially thinking that he can have a hush go, he simply cracks a snort to Shen's ongoing tailing.

Stopping at the student council’s door, he looks the funky girl at his side and he sees her confusion.

“Park Chanyeol." On the opposite side, a blond boy, who's tapping a book on his own shoulder, goes near them.

Shen hisses at that person. Even she restricted herself to directly talk to Chanyeol, she seems to see this moment as an emergency.

“Chanyeol, what’s the meaning of this?” She asks hysterically (the brunet is unsure if she hysterically asks that due to the constriction of the words coming from ).

“Shen, your club members must be waiting for you,” Chanyeol says without breaking his gaze to Kris.

“Oh yes.” The tallest person among them agrees. “You’re the club manager, right?”

“I gave you a list of organizations you can join to, but why here?”

“It’s a long story.” Chanyeol plainly answers and shifts his eyes to her.

He knows Shen cannot do anything if he gives him an assuring look. After he does so, the pink-haired girl growls softly before leaving them behind.

Kris smirks watching her departing form and when she’s out of the picture, he opens the door for Chanyeol and lets him enter first. The brunet has never been there before.

Seeing the student council members doing their duties in the daylight is like the normal office setting he sees on TV. They have their own desks which forms a square altogether in that wide area. Chanyeol’s lips twitch because its size is precisely the same with the faculty room — having a second thought if this is the faculty room with its almost identical appearance. He shakes his head since this is not the typical student council room he saw on the animes Shen had been watching.

The middle desk near the window, which is bigger among the others, is vacant. From its position, Chanyeol already had the idea of whose desk it is.

By merely closing the door, Kris gains his subordinates’ attention and all of them stand from their seats. They seem to genuinely respect him well.

“Like what I informed you earlier, Mr. Park will be joining our daily activities from now on.” He formally announces to them.

He pats Chanyeol’s back, who automatically bows to them. “Hello, everyone, I’m Park Chanyeol.” The brunet greets. “I’ll give as much help as I can so please take care of me.”

“I’ll take care of you.” The pair is taken aback in sync by the girl who maliciously says that. Chanyeol recognizes her and she is the one who gave him a letter before the school festival.

“By the way, Mr. Park will only work for me. No one has the right to approach him or order him except yours truly, do you understand?” Everyone and even the girl nod. She is sobbing quietly pulling a hanky from her pocket.

“It’s okay, I have 76cm proximity now from him.” She mumbles with quivering lips. Chanyeol realizes now why Shen had burnt her letter.

 

The first day with the student council office is relatively peaceful for Chanyeol. He does some photocopying for Kris, makes him coffee, reads the Student Government’s Manifesto which are all 360 degrees different from his usual exercise in the taekwondo team. There are more works in line but he can pend them for tomorrow when Kris gives him the book he is holding earlier with a note stick on it — saying, ‘I’ll stay here for a while due to some unfinished tasks but you may now go home, Yeol.

Chanyeol is given a seat next to Kris’ throne — and there he can stare at his husband as much as wants — and as meticulously as he wants. Folding the scrap and keeping it to his pocket, the brunet meekly nods and rises from the chair. Kris winks at him before the wife breaks their eye contact and leaves.

 

✿✿✿

 

The first day in this second half of the school year is irrefutably hectic — especially for the student body president like Kris. There is no guarantee that he will retain his position for the next election, so he is doing his best to provide great contributions in his service. His day must be fully loaded but it is all lifted off as he opens the door and enters his unit. A mouthwatering smell welcomes him, telling that his wife is cooking their dinner.

Putting the things he brought along (except a pink paper bag) on the couch, Kris silently heads to the kitchen. Chanyeol’s back greets him and the said boy hums as he stirs the metal pot giving the blond a picture of a loving wife. What more if the husband adds the item that he bought before going home — it will complete the set.

Kris cannot control to be magnetized by his inviting back, soundlessly putting the bag on top of the table. The grey sweatshirt and navy blue shorts maybe plain but they complement Chanyeol’s body. The taller boy is glad to buy that kind of clothes for him because it makes his wife cutesy. The long-exposed-hairless-legs also add to his drive and he makes up his mind to enclose the thin waist to his arms.

Kris feels the light shock of his wife, who glances up at him with blinking-big-round-chocolate-brown-eyes.

“Honey.” This is only the moment Chanyeol calls him that, making him so elated. The boy notices what he said himself too with the blush forming on his cheeks, his eyeballs also become shaky. He smiles awkwardly and switches his focus to his cooking then instantly returns to him. “Uh… welcome home.”

The brunet looks at his dish again and continuously stirs the pot.

“You just came right in time.” He says. “We will have this cream of mushroom soup for appetizer then vegetables and roast chicken for the main course.”

“Sounds special to me, do we have something to celebrate?” With smirking lips, Kris follows up and Chanyeol’s pinkish cheeks become redder.

“I don’t… think… so.” Kris snorts at his denial.

“I know, Chanyeol. We’ve been in our contract for a month.” He confidently says and it seems to hit the jackpot seeing his wife’s reaction. Amazingly, their playhouse lasts a whole month of teasing and domestic lifestyle — and Kris cannot see the end of it yet. “What’s for dessert by the way?”

Chanyeol gasps. “Sorry, I forgot but we can have the yogurt in the fridge.”

"Don't bother to take it out. I brought something from the cake shop downstairs." Chanyeol's eyes glow hearing Kris' statement. "And, I have a present for you too.”

The husband gestures his head guiding his wife’s sight to the table. Chanyeol skeptically looks at there and blocks his mouth with the back of his hand as he snorts.

“Don’t tell me you want me to wear a girly dress this time.” He says with a chuckle.

“Why don’t you take a look?” Kris challenges and the brunet will do so.

Chanyeol leaves the soup he is cooking and half-heartedly comes to the table to open the pink paper bag. He glances at Kris and the blond nods his head for him to go on.

A light pink frilly apron appears as he pulls it from the bag. Will there be anything more girlish than this?

tumblr_inline_o3186mTmyd1ramt1u_540.jpg

“I appreciate this, Kris, so~ much.” But his face says something else.

Kris approaches him, taking the garment from his hand and helps Chanyeol to put it on. He grins as he sees the finished product and he knew it, it… “Suits you well.”

Chanyeol doesn’t seem to accept his comment. The taller boy wonders due to it.

Furrowing his brows, he asks, “Why? It really suits you well. I even wish to see that on you without any clothes on.”

“KREASE?” Now he is being too much that he is digging his own grave.

“I’m just kidding, honey.” He laughs heartily, back-hugging his wife once more. "The lunch you made was yummy by the way," a kiss on Chanyeol's cheek.

"Yeah, yeah, our dinner will be cooked soon so you should change clothes."

"I will, honey. I'll bring the cake too."

Another kiss to his cheek, "KREASE!"

 

✿✿✿

 

The dinner is sweet with their usual laughter and teasing and the strawberry shortcake (Chanyeol's favorite) Kris had brought makes it more sugary. The blond let the other boy take a shower first and rest early while he is washing the dishes.

This lifestyle is so surreal for Chanyeol and he wishes he himself and his real family can have this same image of living instead.

 

He must be sleeping for hours when he suddenly regains his consciousness due to the lit lampshade behind him. He turns his body around and discovers his husband is still awake wearing glasses and reading the book he's been holding all day.

"Kris?" Chanyeol rises a little with the help of his elbow. "Shouldn't you be sleeping too?"

Kris nods with eyes fixated on the book. "But, I can't sleep until I finish reading this book." He says and Chanyeol sighs. The brown-haired boy moves his torso higher.

"What are you even reading?" Kris lets him see the title which is KING LEAR.

"It's a good story actually." He says with a serene smile and resumes reading.

Chanyeol huffs a breath once more while observing his four-eyed husband... before he takes the glasses off of him and puts it on the nightstand.

"Hey!" Kris is stunned by Chanyeol's action. And, this teen is not done yet as he takes the book from the blond's hand.

Before Kris can violently reacts, Chanyeol quickly reasons out. "Stop reading! We still have class tomorrow!"

Dumbfounded, Kris only has that face in an instant and shifts with a menacing grin. That scares the crap out of Chanyeol.

"Fine, you don't have to be jealous of that book."

"Wh-who-who says I'm jealous?" The brunet feels the blood goes up to his face. Kris offending laughs at him. "Stop laughing! I'm just c-c-c-co-con-concern that your eyesight will get wo-wo-worse because you're overusing it."

Chanyeol hates himself for stuttering because it makes him vulnerable to Kris. The taller boy continues laughing and launches to him ending them both laying on the bed.

Kris snuggles him that he squirms in response. He can feel the warm breath of his husband to his neck and the kiss he puts there chills him to the bone.

"I don't care if I got blind." He sensually says to Chanyeol. "As long as I'm this close to you, I have nothing to worry at all."

Kris lifts the blanket to cover both of them and hides from the world's view.

 

 

 

"Krease, turn off the light."

 

✿✿✿

 

The next morning pictures of Kris visiting a ladies' boutique and buying Chanyeol's pink apron are posted on all pinboards in Four Seasons Academy with an article entitled — A y Pink Apron for President Wu's New Girl.

"Is this Son Seungwan's work again?" Kris and Chanyeol judgingly eyes the broadsheet as they pass it before going to their classroom. This must be spread to the entire school crowd, but no one has known the mystery owner of that apron is a boy named Park Chanyeol.

"Who's Son Seungwan by the way?" Of course, this self-centered boy only know the people in his circle.

So Kris shrugs and pats his back. "Just somebody."

They move on to their classroom and in timing, their homeroom teacher is about to enter too with the transferee.

The girl looks so familiar. She has black hair and black eyes but her caucasian is so identical to the person Kris and Chanyeol know so well.

She smiles calmly at them while their teacher gestures them to get inside their room first. When they sit to their respective desk, and the teacher and the new student enter as well, everyone looks interested to the fresh face which contradicts to their reaction yesterday.

None of them heard their teacher speak because everyone become bothered in unexplainable phenomena.

"SILENCE!" Their teacher firmly commands them and the whole class obeys. "Miss Kim."

The girl nods and slowly comes to the board to write her name.

The ever-freaky-Shen rises from her seat and points her finger accusingly to the new girl. And when she opens her loud mouth, nothing will come out from her other than hysterical noises like this:

"Chanyeol, isn't she... uh... uh... ah... ah! Aha! KIM SUMMER!"

 

To be continued…

 

Preview:

"Hi all, I'm Summer Kim. Please take care of me and let's all be good friends."

 

A/N:

Edit will be soon so let me take my sleep! Rude? Just kidding I'm sorry. This is a lengthy chapter because it deserves special times since they've been fooling each other for a month. This is Chanyeol's new haircut in this story btw:

tumblr_inline_o3372bmnTj1ramt1u_540.jpg

And for the coming chapters, I'm really excited to tell you that for the first time in the history of  my KrisYeol fanfic... I...