Playing House: The Contract Made in Summer

Not Everything is About Summer

“Huh?” Chanyeol is confused scoffing to what he just heard.

“Play house with me?” It takes a while before Kris’ words register to his nervous system and he makes a short laugh out of his irritation once more.

“Did your girlfriend cause you to go nuts and return to your kindergarten days, Kris?” Chanyeol smirks.

The presidents’ eyes scan their surrounding then he hushes him with a finger on his lips and moves closer to him.

“I’m dating Rachel-Noona, yes, but I don’t actually consider her as my girlfriend yet.” He holds Chanyeol’s hand and drags him to the exit, making the brunet’s eyes widen in surprise. “I’ll give you the full details of what I’m talking about at home so we better be off of here before someone catches us and be the headline the next day.”

 

✿✿✿

 

At home, sitting on the sofa beside one another, Kris and Chanyeol talk.

“So… what’s this play house thing?” Chanyeol shrugs in cluelessness and Kris simply smirks at him.

“Basically, instead of asking you as my housekeeper, I’ll appoint you as my wife.” Good thing Chanyeol is not drinking something at the moment because Kris can imagine a splash of liquid aiming to his handsome face out of the other male’s shock.

“What? Please tell me you’re kidding.” Kris who has a poker face on automatically shakes his head, freezing Chanyeol. “Krease, please say you’re just kidding!” He sounds tense this time. “If you shake your head again, I’mma call the mental institution right now.”

“Hear me out.” Kris says. “Rachel-noona is mere part of our game in the park. I’m not serious with her because I had thought long enough of someone that will clear my playboy image and will help my loneliness.”

“And, you think that’s me?” Kris nods and Chanyeol face-palms.  “Why? You must have like me romantically.”

“There you go with your self-centeredness again.” Kris rolls his eyes slumping with his back on the couch. “I swear, buddy, your helping me big time if you agree to this and you have perks here too.”

“It’s still not making any sense to me.” Chanyeol shakes his head in disapproval.

The blond sighs. “Here’s the deal, I’ll pretend as your lover and will make evidences of it then send to your ex-boyfriend.”

“Min is not my EX!” Chanyeol says sounding defensive.

“Oh, yeah?” The blond means his sarcasm to piss the boy off beside him. “Then, what’s the cause of those tears I saw from you in the storage room? It will be a cheap reason if you cry just because he would be in the Olympics. Chanyeol, those tears I saw from you were not joy.”

“Fine, you win. We did break up.”

“Nice that you admit.” Folding his arms, Kris slants his lips after receiving a satisfying answer. “So like I was saying, if Min ignores our warning to him within a month, you should forget about him.”

Chanyeol’s eyes look sad as he hears that condition and gazes at Kris. “Is that necessary?”

“Of course, it’s not healthy for you if you keep your feelings for him.” The brunet hesitantly nods and Kris feels like he completely retrieves his demure friend from the past. “And by accepting my wish, both of us will never be alone.”

“Alright.” Chanyeol’s voice still sounds gloomy making Kris doubts this boy’s decision.

“So…” his brow rises, “do I count you in?”

“As a man, I should accept my loss in our game at the park.”

“Do you still think you’re a man?” With Chanyeol’s glare, Kris thinks he is not buying his teases this time. “I mean, do you wanna go ahead with the formality of our agreement? If you want, I’ll give you time to think about this.”

Chanyeol smiles nervously. “No, I guess — it’s ok.”

“If you decide now, I can’t guarantee your freedom from me.”

“I’m curious though.” Chanyeol says. “Why would a guy, who claims straight, want this kind of favor to be grant by his homo fellow?

“You have no idea how much this mean to me, Chanyeol. One of these days, you’ll eventually find it out.” Kris pulls his phone out of his pocket and opens the voice recorder from it, receiving furrowed brows from the brunet.

“What are you trying to do?” Chanyeol asks.

“This is how we input our contract." He confidently replies.

“Using a recorder?” He nods.

"It took me a short span of time to set this plan up but I've thought of this thoroughly. I'm staking myself here too but since I have huge trust on you — I know the outcome will be good."

Kris sees Chanyeol's Adam's apple bobs as he swallows. The other boy seems tense but it's natural since the things that they are used to will change starting from here.

"Shall we begin?" Kris' ask.

"Y-yes." The taller teen presses the recorder’s red button.

"Good evening, my name is Kris Wu." He nudges the other teen so he will speak as well.

"Umm... My name is Park Chanyeol."

"Tonight Kris Wu and Park Chanyeol will make a contract under the name 'House Bond'. In this agreement, Park Chanyeol will be proclaimed as my wife and will do the duties of a real housewife."

Chanyeol snorts which not slip from Kris’ glaring eyes.

"Listen." He firmly commands like his usual-stern-president-character. When Chanyeol calms and shuts his mouth, the blond resumes with his formal speech. "I, Kris Wu, will do the duties of a real husband, being the pillar of this household."

As Kris continues, he provides lists of things Chanyeol should do for him from now on like creating a submissive wife out of the brunet. Chanyeol stays silent and lets him give the details he wants to elaborate, then going to the perks the other boy can get from this.

"Once you accepted my terms and conditions, you can treat this unit as yours.” Kris says, getting to the end of their contract. “I'll also give your weekly allowance. And Chanyeol, as a sign of your acceptance, my guarantee on giving you support too, we will tell our deepest-darkest-secret in this recording."

Chanyeol automatically startles from his seat. "You got to be kidding me."

 

✿✿✿

 

Exhale. For the nth time today, Chanyeol sighs heavily as he gets some apples in the rack.

Play house. Play house. Play house.

That damn word kept repeating in his mind after hearing it yesterday from someone and started his new lifestyle. Looking the line of fruits in front of him, a breath passes from his lips again.

"Honey, let's make patbingsoo. The ice machine at home is just getting old." His idiot husband says. Huh? When did he even get married?

Turning back with a scowl, he sees a happy-blond-guy coming closer to him holding two different fruits in each hand.

"I don't know how to make patbingsoo! And, don't you dare call me honey!" He shouts at him but the other male seems not to mind him getting hysterical and still beaming like a fool. Oh yes, he accepted the ‘House Bond’ last night ending him to this cringing situation.

Putting the fruits into their cart, the blond boy even manages to pinch his cheek that he quickly shoves away.

"Aye, my honey is hot temper today." Kris pokes his nose and Chanyeol harshly brushes what's touched to him. "Is it that time of the month? We passed the sanitary pads earlier. We should have grabbed some packs then."

"Kris, stop it!" Chanyeol lowly and sternly says. This is humiliating. He hopes no one in that mart is from their school or recognizes them.

Remembering how they seal their agreement, Chanyeol feels his blood rising to his cheeks.  He never thought this will be this difficult and will say to himself that this is his dying day. He does not care about the future anymore because all he wants to do right now is kick his own bucket.

After glancing over the establishment, Chanyeol returns his focus to the guy playing as his husband, who is like testing him. "Are you sure this is what you want?"

"Oh yes." Kris is smirking and Chanyeol wants to get rid of that expression on his face. “We’re more like married now, so you better act the same like me.”

Huffing out his frustration, the brunet starts pushing the cart forward and the blond puts more items into it.

"Krease, the cart is full! We cannot consume all of this and it will only get rotten!" Kris snickers like a kid and it doesn't look cute for Chanyeol at all. "You're not a husband. You are more like a son."

He pushes the cart further but he stays in his spot with Kris hooking his arms to his.

“Honey, let’s take our first picture and send it to Choi Min.” Although Chanyeol is embarrassed, he nods and lets the other teen presses against him so they’ll fit in one shot. “Smile, Yeollie.”

Instead of smiling, he faces with his side and lips pouts like kissing Kris’ cheek. The blond clicks the screen to snap it.

Checking the product, Kris grins at him and kisses him on the cheek for real this time. “Krease!” He slaps his arm in panic, noticing the passing people are looking at them with awe. Kris laughs Chanyeol elbows him in the stomach to shut him up

“I’m sorry.” Kris whispers to his ear. "I thought you’re too shy to ask me for a kiss so I give it to you.” Chanyeol knows his own face gets redder with that statement. “Going back to the patbingsoo..."

"I told you that I don't know how to make one."

"We can check the net and work that together."

"Fine."

 

 

 

"I don't need pads but I need briefs."

 

✿✿✿

 

Each day that passes, the pretend couple goes to the common places for lovers and shots every memory with romantic poses. Chanyeol may not admit but he expresses so much joy in every trip he and Kris go to.

On their fifth day, Kris asks him to sign weird looking testaments and snaps it while doing so. He looks at it with bewilderment after signing it and locks his eyes on the New York state seal on top of the paper. Chuckling, Kris takes the papers out of his view that shifts Chanyeol’s focus to him instead.

“Krease, this is a fake marriage license… right?” Kris nods but Chanyeol can’t help to be doubtful of his answer. “This looks so real.”

“You think so.” The blond puts the testaments inside a brown envelope. “You and me will get each copy and the third one will be kept somewhere for records.”

Chanyeol wants to ask more about it but he disregards it now that he fully trusts Kris again.

 

On the sixth day, Kris buys a pair of white gold rings for them. They put it on to each other and get a selca. He does not know if their authentic or not. The rings look expensive though.

 

On the seventh and final day, since they will take their last picture of what they’ll send to Chanyeol’s Athlete-Ex-Boyfriend, Kris convinces him to make the worst shot which will make their relationship look so real for Min (although signing a marriage license is worst already).

The blond sits beside him on the edge of the bed and initiates their activity for tonight.

“Are you ready?” Kris aims the camera of his phone to their five-inch-distance faces.

Chanyeol gulps the uneasiness and breathily says. “Yes.”

As faces getting closer to each other, Chanyeol’s heart beats abnormally. Kris is his childhood friend — his unnecessarily handsome childhood friend. This is the most intimate act they are going to do with each other and in a few moments, their lips will be pressed against one another.

“Relax.” Chanyeol buzzes when Kris taps below his chin with his free hand. “It’s not like I’m going to the life out of you.” He chuckles due to it getting a smirk from the other. “That’s much better.”

Kris holds his chin, pulling him closer and closer till their lips touch.

They are officially kissing.

Kris lips are smaller than Chanyeol but it feels good against his. Hearing the shutter sound, this supposedly over but it goes on.

Since Chanyeol closes his eyes before he knows it, he can only sense the other male’s movement. The blond tilts his head and deepens their kiss, forcing him to fall on to the bed with his back. Chanyeol hears another click.

Kris moves his hand from the brunet’s chin to the side of his face, his lips part only to bite the other’s lower lip. Due to it, Chanyeol involuntarily moans. He hears it himself wanting to get away from Kris but it seems the taller has no plan of letting him escape.

 

The clicking sound does not stop from there.

 

To be continued…