Summer Club Hunting

Not Everything is About Summer

The night has arrived when the boys get home after their boring-turn-bizarre trip at the park. Taking of his beanie, Chanyeol slumps on the couch while still holding that as soon as they enter Kris’ unit.

“So~ what is this wish you want me to grant…” Chanyeol lifts his head from the couch and looks at the standing male quizzically. “…master?” Kris rolls his tongue inside his cheek just thinking Chanyeol will be his servant. He imagines the brunet wearing butler attire and asking him all the silliness he can think of. “Hey.”

“Uhh… I can’t still think of anything yet. Let’s just talk about it tomorrow.” Chanyeol nods in agreement.

“The girl at the park, she’s your type, right? When are you going to ask her out?”

“My type, huh?” Rubbing his nape, Kris slightly smirks. “I don’t know.”

“You should do your moves, Mr. Playboy.” Chanyeol teasingly says.

“Instead of getting worried of that, we better get some rest.”

“Rest? It’s like I’ve been sleeping all day.” Chanyeol says as he stretches his arms upwards. “I want to stay awake for a while.”

“Alright, I’ll get in the room first. I have plenty of movies so watch them if you like too.”

Kris leaves the boy alone and gets himself ready to bed.

 

Tucking himself in the blanket, Kris unintentionally has his eyes fall to his nightstand and see his phone and a piece of paper sitting there. He takes both and opens the paper. The number of the girl is written in the scrap along a name ‘Rachel’ over it. That must be her name.

Like what Chanyeol said, is that girl really his type? He is not sure either.

It is as if this is his first time to have a relationship as he types in different greeting for the girl. But, he ends up saying ‘hi’ initially.

The girl does not response to his first message so he texts another one saying ‘I’m Kris’.

 

Kris Wu?

Yes, it’s me.

Hello, my name is Rachel Kim.

Yeah, like what you wrote on the paper.

Hahaha.

 

The girl seems sweet and pleasant to talk with. Kris learns she is taking up Mass Communication in one of the top universities in the country. He compliments her and surely, the girl is blushing on her end. They have lots in common and the girl is really mature. Chanyeol must be right that Rachel is Kris’ type.

 

I'm free tomorrow.

Oh no, it’s already morning.

Hahaha yeah we enjoy talking to each other so much.

Let’s take a nap and meet at 10am. What do you think?

Sounds good, Noona.

Good night, Kris.

 

Kris puts his phone back to the nightstand and will sleep a little. Staying all night talking to that senior is sure worth it.

 

After a few hours, the apartment owner wakes up and heads to the kitchen, first thing in the morning, smelling something good from there. He finds Chanyeol cooking bacon and eggs and toasting some bread.

Sitting at the island, Kris waits for the other male to be finished with his cooking and to face him. Chanyeol presented his perfectly done meal and presented it in front of the taller boy. He arranges the bacon, eggs and toasted bread so mouth-watering.

“This is my small way of showing my gratitude for letting me stay here.” Beaming, Chanyeol turns his back and grabs a glass from the cabinet. “Milk or juice?”

“Don’t bother, I’ll be out soon.” Kris takes one of the bacons and chews it.

“Did you talk to the girl at the park?” Kris nods and Chanyeol looks amaze. “Congratulations, as expected from Casanova like you.”

“You’re giving me a lot of nicknames, Chanyeol, and I don’t like it.” The brunet simply giggles and Kris stands from his seat. “Stay here for now. You may watch TV or play video games.”

“What? But, I’ll look for a job today so I can rent a place for myself and you can have your privacy again.” Kris does not know but he gets alarmed from Chanyeol’s statement.

No.” He says firmly, making the other boy looks intimidated. He snaps from his sudden anger by clearing his throat. “I mean… why do you need to find a job and a place to stay if everything you need is here? Chanyeol, I’ll hire you as my housekeeper.”

“Huh?” Chanyeol looks flustered.

“Can’t you see the perks of working to me? You know your boss well and you’re safe here. And, for my side, it’s more efficient to have you since the cost of having a maid and take-outs will be cut-off. I trust your house-chores-skill just by tasting this food you made. Think about it, if you go somewhere else, you will experience the harassment like you have yesterday and sleep in a filthy place. Do you want that?”

Chanyeol thinks deeply before he shakes his head.

“Good. So, stay.” Then, Kris leaves.

 

✿✿✿

 

With the open windows and air conditioners off, the summer heat penetrates Kris’ unit. Chanyeol vacuums the carpets and wipes off the dust all over the place. The school president has a point, only remembering what Chanyeol had been through before going there, he feels Goosebumps crawling on his body.

He goes to the couch and sees the remains of his rest there. The thick comforters Kris put on him yesterday are disheveled on top of it and those are what he used to cover himself in his sleep.

He was about to join Kris in bed last night but he saw him smiling while using his phone before he completely enters the room. He immediately knew that the taller teen was talking to the girl he met from the park. Not to distract Kris and ruin his momentum to his playboy moves, Chanyeol carefully closes the door and chooses to rest in the couch instead.

Good thing Kris did not notice it. The blond must basically been lonely for the past few days the reason he uses Chanyeol as his body pillow.

Sighing, Chanyeol resumes his cleaning and heads to the bedroom.

Kris’ place has a small amount of dirt that Chanyeol is done fast to his duty. Doing this, he seems to accept Kris’ job offer to him.

 

Chanyeol thinks the owner won’t mind if he uses his computer for a while. The brunet sees Kris’ desktop sitting at the study table in the bedroom. He just wants to know what’s going on to someone he misses so much.

He types Choi Min’s name in the browser and sees heaps of news about him. It seems his boyfriend gains popularity that he has been dreaming off in the few days Chanyeol is not checking on him. He is happy for the fame Min is achieving even the Olympics has not started yet and he is in the middle of preparation. Sadness comes along when the thoughts of Min forgetting him after he achieved his goals.

Chanyeol gives in to tears thinking the possibility that they will never get back together again and he will become a tiny part of Min’s life.

 

✿✿✿

 

Kris is grinning like a fool after his movie date with his school senior. Even face-to-face, Rachel is an amusing company.

Entering his unit, he sees the TV on and almost screams to the hooded person sitting at his couch.

“Chanyeol?” Kris walks forward the boy, whose body is curled above the couch. “What happened?”

“Ahahaha.” Chanyeol sniffs, wiping the remains of his tears with the heel of his hand. “Nothing, the film is too sad. I can’t bear not to cry.”

Kris looks at the screen and sees a Nickelodeon cartoon running. He doubts that’s the reason Chanyeol is crying.

The brunet holds his black hoodie more down to his face and Kris can only see the curve on his lips. “Are you hungry? I cooked you dinner and it’s on the table.”

“Too bad, I ate dinner with Rachel-noona.”

“Oh, her name is Rachel.” Chanyeol bends his head lower.

“Stop watching your drama and let’s sleep.” The hooded boy shakes his head and sticks on smiling. Kris feels creepy.

“You go ahead. I’m still going to store the food in the fridge.”

Kris wants to know the cause of tears in his friend’s eyes but it may be too miserable that can ruin his current light mood. Nodding, he follows his initial plan and goes to his bedroom.

 

The next day, Kris chooses to stay all morning in his apartment with Chanyeol. The other boy seems not doing something strange, cleaning here and there although the place is already spotless. Observing him, Kris realizes that he shall tell his previous housekeeper to seize her duty. He knows this is the only way the woman earns money but it will be useless if he keeps her.

Rachel is only working half-day in the ice cream truck so in the afternoon, Kris leaves again.

 

They spend their time in the oceanarium somewhat looking more lovey-dovey than yesterday with holding hands and arm on the shoulder but that’s just it.

 

When Kris goes home, the TV is off this time and assumes Chanyeol is sleeping in his bedroom. But he finds the brunet dozing off on the dining table, pillowing a notebook and holding a pen. Kris cautiously takes the note off Chanyeol’s head and sees the boy has been busy with their summer homework.

There’s a difficult math equation written on the page where it was opened and Kris cannot remember if this had been discussed to them. Kris knows the problem but this is the first time he sees a tough way of solving that solely genius may have known.

“You’re home.” Kris shifts his attention to the newly awaken boy, who is rubbing his drowsy eyes.

“Did Shen Yeorum teach you this?” Kris lowers the note and Chanyeol chuckles shaking his head.

“She’s quite good with other subjects but not so much in math.” Chanyeol says. “You’re our classmate for a while now. You should be aware of the class standings and statistics.”

“Then, who taught you this?”

“Why are you so curious about it?” And, there is silence. “Anyway, have you done yours? We’re nearly done of our summer break. If you want, I can do your homework too.”

Kris shakes his head. “I’ll do it myself.”

“Okay, go and rest. I’m going to finish this up.”

 

 

 

Kris has Rachel helps him with his assignment. This is the advantage to have an older women and smarter women to date with. But today, something is not right.

In the library, the senior talks about how to get the answer to the math problem, simpler to what Kris saw in Chanyeol’s notebook. The answer is the same but Kris is occupied of the amazing method use to get it. He also notices the three mornings that pass, the space beside him is cold.

“Kris, are you following?” The blond boy snaps and nods.

“Y-yes.” Rachel looks worried about him but she continues her teaching.

 

That night, Kris finds the TV is off and the dining table is empty, but the person staying with him is peacefully sleeping on the couch. Kris will not let this day end without his body pillow beside him.

He gently lifts Chanyeol from the couch in bridal style and walks towards his bedroom. And when he is almost at the door, he receives a hard punch on his stomach, letting go the boy in his arms. He collapses and crouches to the floor in the sudden pain.

As Kris recovers, he glances up and to the now standing Chanyeol. The boy is not angry but he is chuckling.

“I’m sorry.” He says. “I’m being defensive due to the inappropriate experiences I recently had. But Kris, I’m not going to sleep beside you again.” Kris brings himself up and before he can ask the other male why. “It’s not right if we’re together in one bed and you already have a girlfriend.”

“But, it’s not like we’re doing something other than sleeping there, Chanyeol.” The brunet’s eyes widen. “And, I don’t cons—”

“Stop.” Chanyeol seems serious this time. “Sleep in your bed alone.”

The other boy leaves him with daze and returns to the couch. Staring at Chanyeol, Kris will not allow getting instruction to his own place.

 

✿✿✿

 

Chanyeol wakes up and honestly hates snoozing on the couch but he has no choice. He does not want Kris to think that he is a interfering to his love life. He has a minimum of trust to the blond, in fact — to everyone after getting enough of his bitter existence. He will still find a job no matter what and he will guarantee to himself that this time around — it will be a better and decent job. But first, he will check the school clubs Shen suggested to him. He received a text from her yesterday and saying a long message of apology. He is taking back the words he said earlier to himself — there is still someone he trust and that is Shen. He misses his ever-reliable-friend too.

She said in her message that she could only do a little for him due to the vigilant monitoring of his mother. She gave a list of school clubs which Chanyeol could sign up. Shen said she already set up an appointment for Chanyeol for each one of it. There are interesting clubs on the list. Shen really knows him well.

Getting ready for school, Chanyeol wears his summer uniform and gets out of Kris’ apartment.

 

The first club he visits is the art club, not expecting the school president is also there.

“Hi, Park Chanyeol, I’m the club president. My name is…” Chanyeol is too distracted to catch her name because his attention is to his self-proclaimed-buddy, whose leisurely sitting along the other art club members. The brunet notices that everyone in the room is from the opposite . Maybe Kris breaks up with that girl he is dating and finds a prospect in this club. Chanyeol snorts if the reason is him instead.

“That’s impossible.” He mumbles.

“Come. Join the rest of the crew.”

After the club president introduces Chanyeol to everyone, she asks the boy to sit on the vacant easel. Chanyeol hesitantly goes there since Kris is next to that seat. The clueless club president still insists him to sit guiding him there.

“What is he doing here?” He whispers to her.

“I’ve been here for a week now, right, Club President?” The leader nods and Chanyeol knows she is lying. No, they’re both lying.

The club president goes in front again and instructs their activity for today. Seconds later when she’s done talking, a boy enters the club room. The girls are flustered.

“Oh look, a guy Chanyeol!” Kris hollers, making the brunet uncomfortable.

“Yes, a boy.” The president agrees. “It’s the first time for us to have a male model. Sir, you can undress now.”

Hearing the word undress, Chanyeol feels the blood rising to his cheeks. Kris chuckles beside him while looking at him and he shoots a glare at him instinctually making the other get rid of his teasing expression.

The boy in front begins taking his clothes off and Chanyeol feels his face is redder than before.

“Is this even legal?” Chanyeol tries to say it softly but the person beside him seems to hear it with his reaction.

“Of course, I, the president of student council, gave them permission.” Kris proudly says. “Why are you blushing? You’re a boy too.”

Yes, he is a boy. And because he is a boy, he can’t help imagining himself in front of the female crowd. This is what they called second hand embarrassment. He is sure the girls will have a nightmare after this — no — they seems to enjoy watching the boy in front. Unbelievable!!!

“If I were you, I should open-mindedly draw the model. This is art, Chanyeol.” Kris suggests and he is right.

With shaking hands, Chanyeol swallows the agony and draws the boy in front of him. He is starting to get used of looking the male model as minutes passed. This may be his new club so he shall prove them that he is a professional member.

Getting done with half of the body, Chanyeol is curious of Kris’ work. He guffaws seeing the human stick on the other male’s canvas.

“Nice drawing, Kricasso. It’s a work of art indeed.”

“Hey, don’t be so rude. I made a detail in his ‘beep’ and ‘beep’.

 

After an hour he spends with the Art Club, Chanyeol visits the Archery Club next. And like what happened earlier, Kris is there again.

“Are you following me?” Both boys wearing the archery uniform, they stand together in front of the targets.

“No, I’ve been here for a week to observe.”

“Liar.” Chanyeol spits and in his pissed off — he shoots the arrows which hits the bulls-eye. The club members clap to his performance and not long enough they are whistling in joy because Kris shoot to the same target Chanyeol aimed at.

“You’re not the only one who’s good in this.” Kris shrugs.

 

Although the club’s captain asks him to join the archery, Chanyeol refuses. What if Kris will probably be there all the time? He swiftly moves to next club and that’s with the journalism club.

“We’ll be happy to have you here, Mr. Park Chanyeol. The classes are about to resume so there’s a lot of activities we need to cover.” The E-I-C (Editor-in-Chief) says going to enter the club room with Chanyeol. Out of the blue, the freshman Son Seungwan pops in front of the door and blocks their way.

“What are you saying, chief? We are full in here.”

“Huh, but…” Seungwan pulls the E-I-C inside with her and closes the door for Chanyeol.

“Hey!” Chanyeol knocks but he doesn’t get any response.

Giving up, he turns around and learns Kris is just right behind him.

“Don’t tell me you’re observing them for a week too.”

“Oh yeah.” Kris says acting innocently and Chanyeol won’t buy that.

“Whatever.”

 

Chanyeol roams the school more and every time he visits a club, Kris is always along the bunch of club members. There is no doubt the school president is following him. He is getting sick seeing the same smug face of his childhood friend so he calls it a day and he is going home.

“Chanyeol.” Kris stops Chanyeol by the wrist. A few walks from the corridor and he is at the exit.

Releasing a deep breath, Chanyeol rolls his eyes and asks. “What do you want?”

“You forgot to visit the boxing, judo, tennis, basketball, badminton, theater—”

“I don’t want to join any of the school clubs anymore!” Chanyeol loses it. “If you want me to stay home, fine, locked me up all you want!”

The brunet is tearful with this tiring day and dislikes to have more argument.  He continues walking again but Kris hinders him from moving with the arms wraps on his torso.

“Krease…” Chanyeol whines.

“I did not mean to read Shen Yeorum’s text for you last night but I’m curious what’s rumbling inside your mind.” Kris says and his mouth is very close to Chanyeol’s ears. “Chanyeol, listen to me, you have to grant my wish.”  

“Isn’t that being your housekeeper?”

“No, that’s a different case.” The blond controls his body and Chanyeol is forced to face him.

 

Chanyeol wonders why, but with the fixated gaze Kris is providing, he is frozen to where he’s standing.

 

“Play house with me.”

 

To be continued…

 

 

 

A/N:

The other part of the back-to-back. See you next week? Tomorrow? The day after? IDK, I trully want to finish this up. This should be a one-shot for KrisYeolvember but I have so much in mind that it becomes a chaptered-fic. And for preview of what's coming soon (not on the next chapter)...

 

 

“You know what, I had so many girlfriends before but I never tried kissing someone with tongue.”

“…”

“Can I do it with you?”

“We’re already in a weird relationship so I guess it’s ok.”

“Really?”