Family outing 2

Ji Hyo and Jong Kook

The drive to Hapcheon was uneventful, Jong Kook didn’t stop except for pee and snack. Ji Hyo had waked up earlier than the children and both of them make small talks during the ride. They made good progress and managed to arrive ahead of schedule at their family house. The grandparents and brother’s family came up to welcome them. The grandfather had ignored Jong Kook and smiled only at Ji Hyo and the children, Jong Kook caught his brother’s eye and both of them sighed in unison.

The children had always been the apple of the grandfather’s eye, especially the twins. They could ask for the stars and the grandfather would get it for them. Jong Kook had noticed the house had been extremely bright, different from the usual darkness. Of course, the grandfather had to make sure his grandchildren are safe and sound. After the children and their mothers got out of the house for their dinner, their father signaled the brothers to switch off all the lights and plug out the power plugs. The brothers looked at each other again, they were the lowest lifeform in this family.

The children greeted everyone, including you you, they met during their walk to the restaurant, the grandfather tailing behind them like a peacock. The villagers always loved to have the well managed kids in the villages. They had a sumptuous dinner, their grandfather had chased the brothers out to lit the house again. The brothers could only obey and hurry home. The children played a little before retiring to bed.

All of them woke up early, the usual quiet house is buzzing with activities. The grandmother and mothers were busy preparing breakfast, the brothers were busy cleaning up, the grandfather and children are playing in the yard. “Come in and have you breakfast,” the grandmother finally announced and the children hurried to wash their hands before settling down for their breakfast prepared by their beloved grandmother. They had missed their grandmother cooking.

“Today activity, we will go to the river and maybe catch some fishes for dinner” Jong Kook announced. He was the team leader and often lead the kids in adventure. The mothers were now busy preparing lunch for the kids to bring to the river. “The water would be too cold” the grandfather wanted to disagree with the plans, but he stopped. All the children are pleading him with their eyes and he gave in. “Make sure you keep the children dry once you are out of the water.” he warned Jong Kook.

They were joined by other kids in the neighborhood, Ji Hyo felt lucky she and her sister in laws had prepared a lot of food. She and Jong Kook looked after the children while having their date at the same time. The kids had a wonderful time catching fishes in the stream. They returned home when the sun was about to set, bringing some fishes for their grandmother to cook for dinner.

Jong Kook decided to task his father to look after the little rascals. He hinted to the children that their grandfather would like to play with them and the twins immediately ran to invite their grandfather to explore the surrounding area.the grandfather agreed and Jong Kook was pleased his plan succeded. Of course the older kids would look after the younger ones, and the grandfather just need to supervior. The two set of parents are left on their own.

“Let’s carry on with our date,” Jong Kook proposed. Ji Hyo happily nodded in agreement. They decided to drive to the mountain.

“It is so nice to have you just to my own.” Jong Kook hugged Ji Hyo, while they set off on their hike. Ji Hyo smiled. He was still the jealous husband. “You think they could live on their own when they turned 10?”

“They will have to be at least 18” Ji Hyo said, she had to put a stop to her creative husband.

“18!!, that will be forever.” Exclaimed Jong Kook. “How about 16?” he tried to negotiate. Ji Hyo shook her head. Her jealous husband  had just figured out the consequences of having kids. She giggled and noticed Jong Kook was about to enter his nagging mood.

“I am sorry, but no, that had to be at least 18 before they leave the house. Let’s it.” Ji Hyo had to stamp her foot down.

“But … but that will be too long.” Sulked Jong Kook. “I should have just stopped” he frowned. But hopefully the children will gave them more together in the future. Maybe he could talk to his kids to give them more privacy.

They didn’t hike up to the peak, it would take too long, instead after 2 hours they were back in their car and drove back. Ji Hyo figured it time to go back save the grandfather. They met him sitting on the rock panting and offered him and the children a ride home, the grandfather immediately retired to his room, while the kids were ushered to have their lunch. The lunch was a quick one. After lunch Jong Kook proposed to prepare for the festival. The children gather together and practice their songs and dance. The afternoon past by quickly, the children had decided what they wanted to do.

The days in the village past by quckly, soon it was mid autumn festival and the kids were getting ready for their performance. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo had managed to steal a few hours to be alone and they had finally caught up with each other’s lives. They had also spent time to lovey dovey. Now they are seated below the stage and watching their children preforming, they had been serious and bought a lot of joy and laughter to the villagers. Soon it was time to say good bye, the kids are very sad to leave and made their parents promise to bring them back here again.

On the way back, the kids practically slept through the whole journey. It was as if they had used up all their energies. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were, however, felt their love had recharged and really for the challenges ahead.