Family outing

Ji Hyo and Jong Kook

Ji Hyo was busy preparing her four children for their outing. Her eldest son had just finished bathing and choosing his own clothes, the twins were still playing in the bathrooms, and she was bathing the youngest son. “3 more minutes children, your father should be ready.”

Jong Kook was preparing the logistic, getting the car ready, the snacks, blankets and whatever they needed and could need for the outing. It was a war, but a war he loved to battle head on. He had missed his family, he was so busy flying between both China and Korea and he had managed to demand a week of free time with his family and today was the start of it.

They had planned to drove back to Hapcheon, the children had been excited. “Children, I am ready.” His eldest son had ran to the him and busy showing off he was ready. The twins had been squabbling whether to have the same or not the same clothes also hurried put on something, and ended up wearing matching clothes ran to him. Ji Hyo had already changed outfit, presented herself and their youngest son. The whole family was ready. The children climbed excitedly into the family car. It was going to be fun, they trusted their dad to have excellent plans for the whole week.

Jong Kook knew their expectation and hoped he could live up to it. He hadn’t failed so far but he was worried. He had been so busy recently. He caught his wife eyes, she had given him a look of encouragement. “Here goes,” he prayed in his heart and drove off.

Singing sessions in the car were a must, the kids had love Turbo songs and luckily all inherent his ability to sing, Ji Hyo was proud of that, she had picked the best of genes for her kids. She would be the fan, cheering for her kids and husband. This time Jong Kook had issued a challenge to the kids as they drove off, they will be performing in the mid autumn festival for the villagers. They should sing 3 songs. The kids were determined to make the performance a success. Failure was never in their blood, Sprata Dad and Ace Mum, had not taught them that. They picked 3 songs they liked best and started the planning in the car.

Jong Kook knew his kids love challenges and he saw a thumbs up from Ji Hyo. He whispered “Finally, some peace and privacy.”

Ji Hyo looked amused, the kids were in heated argument behind the car, but she had to agree, they were less prone to disturb them now. “So what did you plan for us?”

“Of course, I will bring you out on dates without the kids, they will have enough to keep them busy. I missed you so much, I hardly got time to know what is happening to you.”

“Mmm.. basically you heard the report on the family and kids, that sum up me too” Ji Hyo said.

“Not true, I believe you didn’t share the time when you saw my new MV and show” Jong Kook said to his no 1 fan. “You didn’t share your time when you did the commercial shot.”

Sometimes, she is amazed by her husband, he remembered everything about her. It had caused her some stress during the start of their marriage and she remembered their heated argument over it. He shared his rational, and she shared hers. They met in the middle, if she didn’t share and he asked, she could ignore the request. She had used it less and less nowadays. She liked been his center of attention, she loved the way he will started off asking about her, the family then finally the kids. She was still his most important person.

Sometimes she would forget to ask about his days, she will start to notice him sending pouted pictures to her messages. She smiled at his gentle reminder and would ask when she saw the big kid. Her kookie would give an animated session on his achievement, sadness, happiness and anything under the sun. That kept their marriage going strong.

They reached their first destination, Seoul natural museum. Running man had loved this museum and so did they. Everyone rushes out of the car, patently waiting for their parents to buy them tickets. “Back by 1300. We need to have lunch.” The children ran off, they love to explore the museum by themselves. “Now we have our time together. That’s go take a walk outside” They knew they could trust their kids here.

She leaned against him, hugging his arm. She had missed him the past 2 weeks, he only managed to come home for an eye shut before zooming off in the morning. They would exchange messages but she still missed his voice.

“This felt so nice, just you and me, without the little rascals.” He said. He missed her, he hardly got time to message her the past 2 weeks.

“You are one who wanted to have more.”giggled Ji Hyo.

“You helped also. Not that I don’t love them but they did took up a lot of your time.” He felt he should do more to reduce the burden off his wife. They would have saved enough money soon, maybe then he would reduce the amount of his work. “Do you want me to get someone to help you out.” A question he had been asking but he knew Ji Hyo answer.

“No, oppa, the hardest is over. The children could basically take care of themselves now. Your children are like you, very self-disciplined.  We only asked them to have good behavior, grades are not important, it does take the load and pressure of. But they are too competitive, look at them planning the singing thing in the car, *sigh* I couldn’t solve that one. When You and me are competitive too.” Jong Kook chuckled. It true.

“By the way, you heard about having a commemorative episode on past variety shows? Have you say yes? I waiting for your answer before I make mine.” Asked Jong Kook.

“Of course, it a yes. It’s good to see all the people again. You better make time for it, it had been a long time I went on TV with you.” Demanded Ji Hyo.

“I told Gap Jin already. But I heard family outing was invited too.” Jong Kook hoped she will not be jealous of his past scandals. He saw her sulked, he felt anxious. Then she broke into laughter. “Ya!” he was now feeling embarrassed.

“I would care if it her more, but them its ok.” She confessed. She hated the fact her name got associated even with him now. He understood and smile. He was glad his wife was not really a very jealous one. They walked to a seat and talk some more, totally engrossed in their time together.

“Dad, Mum, time for us to go” their children shouted in unison. They had known their parents would often forget the time when they are having their talks. They had to come and look for them, they are feeling hungry.

The adults looked up, he was a bit mad that his kids meddled with the time he had with his wife. He sighed, he must remember to pack food for them the next time. They went off to have lunch, the kids felt tired after the time in the museum and they fell asleep in the car, Ji Hyo too. He was left alone to drive to Hapcheon, feeling happy and contented that he was with his family. He was really looking forward to their time together.