Diary

Ji Hyo and Jong Kook

Ji Hyo opened up her special diaries in her phone. She had two actually, one recorded about her and one recorded about him. She locked herself in her car and opened up his. “Oppa, Congratulations about national award. I am so proud of you, how I wished I could be there to share your happiness. You looked so handsome whenever they managed to capture you. I wanted to kiss the dimples but .. Anyway, Oppa, Congratulations again.” She stopped the recording, and sighed. She wanted to kiss those dimples, but she was just a colleague to him, maybe even family.

She took up hers, “Oppa looked so handsome in the award. I am really happy he won, but will he know how much I wanted to kiss him, especially the dimples. When will he realise I am a woman, not a colleague not a family but someone who love him” she felt a bit better after realising her stress. Tomorrow she will see him again. She really could only see him, the PDs would place them apart again. She wondered why they wanted to do so, especially after the ice prepporo game.

A knock on her window startled her, she looked up and saw her manager. Her manager looked at her watch and she knew it time for her, she got up of her car and continue with her work. The next morning, she had already reached for the recording but he was not there yet, she found a seat and the beautician was helping her put on her makeup for the recording.

She could hear his arrival, although he was always friendly and never demanded to be greeted, he will always be greeted from the moment he step into filming grounds. She could hear him coming her way, and finally greeting from her beautician too. She looked up at him, greeted him too “Morning, Oppa!”

“Morning, Ji Hyo Ya. You are looking good today!” he praised her. She blushed. Luckily she already got some makeup on, he sat down beside her. “How was your week?” he asked. She knew he was genuinely interested in her and her work, so she described her past week, he gave some comments and they were busy making small talks.

The rest of the running man arrived, both of them greeted the new comers but stuck to their conversation, they only broke up when it was time to start recording. Again, they were made to stand apart and be on different teams, but able to see and talk him was already a bonus to her. The day passed quickly and now she had to say good bye to him. She felt sad. “Ji Hyo, we are getting Jong Kook to treat us for winning the award, we are meeting tomorrow, do you have time?” Jae Suk asked. Jong Kook was nodding, “Yeah I am giving a treat, please come?”

‘I need to check with my manager, I keep you informed in our group chat?” she said.

After checking with her manager, she happily messaged the group “I will be there tomorrow.”

They met for a sumptuous dinner, Jong Kook had been generous and the rest ate and drank their full, it was a happy occasion and they felt it shouldn’t go without alcohol. Finally, Suk Jin, Kwang Soo, Ji Hyo, Haha and Gary were drunk. The other two men looked at them unbelievable. They decided that Jae Suk would take Kwang Soo, Suk Jin and Gary while Jong Kook would bring Haha and Ji Hyo back.

Jong Kook dropped Haha off first, Star was grateful. Jong Kook quickly went back for Ji Hyo, Ji Hyo was easier, he could carry her. Ji Hyo woke up and was now in a drunken stupor, “Oppa Oppa, come, let me showed you something”

“Ji Hyo, we are almost to your apartment, shown me then?” Jong Kook tried to calm her down.

“Ok, Oppa, let me punch in the pin” Ji Hyo tried to key in her door pin but she kept missing it. “Oppa, don’t move, I can’t key in the number”

Jong Kook shook his head, “Let me help you, what your number?”

“It supposed to be a secret but I will tell you, it you birthday and mine” she said.

Jong Kook was startled, he quickly punched in the number and let them into her apartment. He put her down on her sofa and went to the kitchen to pour her a drink.

“Oppa, oppa, let me show you my little secret.” She pushed her phone towards him, he saw a folder with his name on it, and there were several recordings in it.

“You drink the water first, while I take a look?”

Ji Hyo sipped some water, then she yawned and felt asleep on him. He carried her to her bedroom before looking at the phone again. He was curious what it was, he played the first recording.

“Oppa, Today is the first time you carried me in bridal style, I used to be so envy of the others who could be in your arms, I felt my heart thumping in my chest, I nearly couldn’t breathe. I could hear your heartbeat on your chest. Why did my face turn red and hot, my heart still beats that fast even I just though of it. Oppa, please carry me again?” Jong kook was shocked. It was a recording from Ji Hyo, and it had revealed some of her thoughts. Did Ji Hyo really felt that way, he asked himself. He wanted to confirm and move on to the next one and the next.

He couldn’t stop, each of the recording had reveal how much she loved him, some of it was their moments together, some of them were his achievements, she was always there for him, loving him. His heart were beaming with happiness, why had he been so foolish to had thought Ji Hyo only looked at him as a brother. She clearly didn’t now he recalled. It was already late, he hurried home.

He messaged Ji Hyo that he would visit again in the morning to make sure she was alright, but actually he didn’t want to waste any more time, he wanted to ask her to be his girlfriend before she gave up on them. He thought of Ji Hyo favourite things and remembered she didn’t like flowers, but still he bought a single red rose. He also went to pharmacy and bought some hung over medicine.

“Ding Dong, Ding Dong” the door bell rang, Ji Hyo woke up and wondered who came to visit her. Not a lot of people knew where she lived. The door bell had made her pounding head worse, she saw a familiar figure and just opened the door without looking.

“How are you Ji Hyo?” she heard a even more familiar voice, one that make her look up in shock. It was Jong Kook oppa, and then she realised she must look like a mess now. She wanted to scream if not for her headache. She just squatted down, trying to hide more of herself.

“You must be having a headache, I bought some medicine” Jong Kook said, naturally walked into the kitchen as if she was looking fine.

“Ok oppa, let me freshen up first,” she croaked. But he was in front of her, giving her a glass of water and the medicine.

“Eat first, then go freshen up, you will feel better.” She obediently did, and then rushed off to the toilet for a quick shower. The next time she presented herself, she did look presentable in a simple white dress. Her head was also feeling better. She saw him sitting on her sofa checking his phone. He looks so right there, how she wished she could take a picture and remembered this moment forever.

“Why are you here oppa,” she asked as she sat down beside him

“I sent you home last night, I was concerned so I wanted to check how are you.” He answered.

“I remembered you sent back Haha oppa too, how was he?” she was trying to make small talks to hide her nervousness.

“Haha could take care of himself, I am just concerned about you.” He said looking straight into her eyes. There was somethings in his eyes that she never saw before, something that make her heart beats uncontrollably. She felt her face getting hotter.

“Oh… I am fine.” She was trying to reassure him and her …

“I can see that, but your face turning red, are you having a fever?” he pressed his forehead against hers, he wanted to measure her temperature to make sure she was ok . She felt ok, he grinned.

“I am ok oppa,” she pushed him back, her ears are now burning.

“Ji Hyo, I had something i need to ask you.” Jong Kook was now feeling nervous too, oh well here goes nothing. He took out his single red rose and dropped to one knee. “Ji Hyo, I see you more than a colleague and family member, you are always the special one. I wanted you to be witness all the moments in my life with me but I don’t know how you felt about me, whether do you see me like how I see you. But I wanted to ask you to stay by my side and be my girlfriend then my wife. Do you want me?” he held his breathe, although he knew from the recording, she liked him but still ..

Ji Hyo was shocked at the sight before her, it was a dream came true. She reached out and accepted his rose. “I wanted to be your girlfriend and then your wife” she said, tears welling up in her eyes.  Jong Kook reached out and gave her a hug, she cried for a while then Jong Kook could feel she had fallen asleep again. He decided to play a trick on her.

He cleaned up the glass and left the house. After two hours, he reappeared on her doorstep, he figured she should have slept enough. He bought another rose. He rang her doorbell again.

“Ding Dong, Ding Dong” the door bell rang, Ji Hyo woke up and wondered who came to visit her. Not a lot of people knew where she lived. She struggled to reach her doorstep and saw on the monitor it was Jong Kook. Her face blushed immediately, she remembered he asked her to be his girlfriend, but is it a dream, she was not very sure. She opened her door.

“Oppa” she greeted him.

“Hello, Ji Hyo, are you feeling better?” he asked.

“I am.” She was unsure of herself. Did the meeting earlier was a dream she had.

“Can I come in?” he asked.

“Of course, you can, how silly of me. Oppa, please come in”

Strange, her head didn’t pound like it usually did when she was drunk. She went to the kitchen and poured him a glass of water.

“Is water fine with you, oppa?”

“Of course, it the healthiest drink there is” he said, he saw her confused look and smiled.

“Oppa, did you by any chance come earlier?” she asked.

“Of course, I did” her heart skipped a beat. “I had to drop you off since you were drunk.”

“Really, that’s all” she asked, feeling a bit dejected. She really did just have a dream of becoming his girlfriend, it was not real, it had only felt real. She felt her tears threatening to roll down her cheeks.

Jong Kook saw the tears too and felt bad, his joke seemed to be a bad one. He extended his hands and wiped away the rolled down tears. “I am sorry, Ji Hyo ahh. My joke had gone too far.” He dropped to his one knee again, and produced the other rose. “I had come and asked you to be my girlfriend just now, I just wanted to confirm it again now you are awake, will you let me to be your boyfriend then husband. To let me have the honour to share your happiness, sorrow, angriness, joy? To let me with you always? I love you, Ji Hyo”

Ji Hyo was at first angry with Jong Kook after realising that he had played the joke with him, then she was surprise that he asked the second time, he had wanted to ask the second time, because he prepared another rose, if the first rose was her, this second rose was him. She felt his love for her, she pulled him up and hugged him, “Yes, please be always by my side, I also wanted to share your happiness, sorrow, angriness, joy. Please me by boyfriend then husband. I love you, Jong Kook”

Jong Kook looked at the tear steaked woman, he knew she had great love for him and he could feel her love. He cupped her face and kiss her lips, he wanted to tell her how much he love her, his love would be as great as her. Ji Hyo could felt his love for her, she was happy that it was not a one sided love that she always thought it was.

Later in the evening, she wanted to tell her diary she succeeded, but she saw a new entry, she played the recording. “Ji Hyo ah.. after hearing all the messages you left for me, I wanted to thank you, thank you for loving me. I didn’t do that much to show you I love you but now I am going to do just that, do as much as what you had done, no I should do more, to make up for those times when I am a total blockhead. Ji Hyo I love you.” She blushed, she knew he was not one who will look at other secrets. She remembered now she had made him listened to all the recordings. She was pleased she did, now she knew her Jong Kook had loved her too.