Bad Day at work

Ji Hyo and Jong Kook

This was one of those days, one of those days where everything went wrong. The things you least expected it.

She must have gotten at least 20 NGs on her scene. She was trying her best, but she kept gotten it wrong. She couldn’t understand why, the director had even shouted at her and asked for the scene to be skipped while he took the male lead ones. The male lead had expressed his sympathy and she could only apologised to everyone on the filmset. She walked back to the resting room and decided to hide in a corner to get some sleep. She needed it to regain some energy for the next take.

She heard voices, they were discussing about her, calling her a snob and someone unworthy for all the awards she had attained. Even saying that she had exchanged for them using her body. She thought she was already immune to it but it still hurt her. She couldn’t sleep now, she sighed. She waited for them to leave before taking up her handphone, and messaged her boyfriend. She typed in her day, but the messages were not been read. She remembered that he had a recording, she looked at her watch, it was late. He usually would complete the recording. She took out the script and mentally walk through the whole scene again.

Her manager rushed into the resting room and shouted her name, she stood up from where she was hiding. “The director asked you are ready?” She nodded, she would show them what she was made up of. Finally, she completed the scene in 2 takes and the director had called it a day. She flopped into her seat and her handphone, still no messages from her boyfriend. She was a bit disappointed, she had so much wanted to hear his consolation. She decided to go to his house and waited for him.

He didn’t know what was wrong with him, he was supposed to finish his recording. He had a habit of doing the whole songs rather than bits and pieces and allowed the studio to cut it into a song. He should have done it in half a day but this song just didn’t want to get itself done. It was a simple song, and he had recorded it for at least 50 times and he had already spent the whole day on it, both the producer and him had not been satisfied with the song. The producer even commented the song had no soul, the songs sung by him had no soul! That was the ultimate insult but he couldn’t disagreed.

He was immersed in trying to build his feelings into the song, he didn’t want any disturbance. Moreover, he had forgotten to charge his phone and it now went dead. Might as well. His producer had another singer wanting to make some amendments to his song and they were currently using the studio. He looked at his watch, it was already 11pm, he had spent nearly the entire day in the studio. He hoped for 1 good take later when it was his turn and he could end his day professionally.

Finally, it was his turn. He had gave the song some thought. When the music played, he played the story he had in his mind and his feelings came pouring out when he start his singing. After 2 takes, both the producer and him were satisfied with the results and he could go home and rest. He couldn’t contact his girlfriend so he decided to go her house, he wanted to share his happening today. He needed to hear her soothing voice and have her by his side tonight. He reached her house but her house was dark, he remembered she had a scene today and thought the scene must have not gone too well. He charged his phone while he took a bath to remove some of his tiredness for the day.

He his phone when he came out of the bathroom, messages poured in, a lot of people had messaged him, he saw his girlfriend messages. He empathised with her, the last message however made his mouth curled. They were too alike, he quickly ran out of her house and headed for his.

He quietly entered his own house, he felt like a thief. He tip toe to his room and saw his sleeping beauty. She had complained she had problem sleeping but seeing her on his bed seem to have indicated she had lied. He went over, he chuckled, she smelt like him, while he smelt like her. He bent down and kissed his sleeping beauty. He hoped she would wake up from his kiss. He felt her responding to his kiss, so he deepen it, her hands were now on his neck. But her eyes was still closed.

She was dreaming her boyfriend giving her a hot kiss, her arms had hugged his neck. She wanted to murmured his name, but it came out as a soft moan. She could smell herself on him. She was lost when he deepened his kiss. She felt his hands moving touching her, leaving a hot trail on her skin.

She moaned, his hands wanted to touch her to make sure she was really there. He stopped himself when he felt he would go overboard, although it was not the first time they had done it, he still thought getting consent was given. He had to leave her while he cooled down and prepared to go to sleep.

She couldn’t no longer felt the familiar warmth. In her dreams, she was all alone, she wanted to ask him to come back but she had no voice and couldn’t be heard. That shocked her and woke her up. Her boyfriend sensed she was awake and rushed to her side and gave her a hugged. A tear silently slipped down and dropped into his heart. He apologised for been not able to give her consolation when she needed it. It had made her feel better. She asked him how his recording was, he gave the truth and she apologised for sharing her problems. It had made him feel better.

“Please do share them with me, I wanted to know it whether I was having a good day or bad. I wanted to know you love me enough to tell me how you felt and share your problems.” He promised.

“You also need to share yours with me like today, even if I was having the best day in my life, don’t worry about dampening my spirits. It made me felt I am your pillar and giving you strength.” She vowed.

Both of them felt so much better and they were glad they found each other, maybe because it was them, that’s why they were concerned. He told her that he went to her house but couldn’t find her until he saw his messages on the revive phone. She giggled, she liked to smell like each other. They laid down on the bed, exhausted by the day events. She cuddled against him and he embraced her. Both yawned at the same time, their eyes were slowly closing, both of them murmured “I love you, Jong Kook oppa” “I love you, Ji Hyo” before falling into a peaceful sleep.