The Proposal

Ji Hyo and Jong Kook

“No.. No .. No .. She will not like this.” He was saying to himself while he was working out on his arms.

“No.. No .. No .. She will not like this.” He was saying to himself while he was doing his 2000th sits up.

“No.. No .. No .. She will not like this.” He was saying to himself while he was pushing his 1000th push up.

“No.. No .. No .. She will not like this.” He was saying to himself while he was running his one and half hr on the treadmill.

“No.. No .. No .. She will not like this.” He was saying to himself while he was cycling his second hour on the stationary bikes.

“AHHH ….” He let out an exasperating scream in his car. He had been thinking hard for the last week and he still couldn’t find an answer to his question. “What should I do? Should I ask people for help? No no that wouldn’t do, they didn’t know her well. Wait what about her best friends, no no but they are all women, it will be even harder for me to talk to them”

“What about if I asked her” that didn’t sounds too bad. Maybe that sounded like a plan too. He could watch with her some movies and asked her opinion. He grinned. He went to the video store and start selecting videos that would match his little plan. He picked up “101 marriage proposal”, mm would it be too obvious, so he put it back. “Cyrano Agency”, helping people dating .. maybe, “Marriage blue”  He just borrowed the two movies.

Maybe he should get her a bit tipsy, it will be easier for him to get her tell him the truth.  What the reason for alcohol then? He basically didn’t drink and they don’t drink while they were on a date. Mmm …. Maybe beer with fried chicken while watching movie? She would freak out, but that would be just perfect. Soju with cuttlefish while watching movie? That would sound nice to other people right? Red wine with cheese? Mmm it sounds too western… “aahhh … Kim Jong Kook it is all your fault, now you had a hard time bagging the best and right woman for yourself. Think .. harder, you dummy” he scolded himself in his heart. “I know, how about getting Gap Jin dropped off some grocery by mistake, she could be tempted!” he grinned evilly, he knew actually what to get so she would just help herself.

He message Ji Hyo, “Love, let’s have a movie date at your house. Didn’t you say you need some romantic comedy?”

Ji Hyo beamed, her attentive boyfriend had rented a romantic comedy for her. She was too busy to grab one herself, and she was in need for a comedy to relax herself. “Ok, oppa, see you at my house tomorrow night, I had no schedule.”

“Me too. I will get some snacks.” Ji Hyo groaned, her oppa was one of the worst people you could ask to grab some snacks for movie night. Oh well, take some give some.

Jong Kook went to the supermarket and pick up some snacks and things he thought Ji Hyo would need soon, he remembered some of her supplies were running low. She was so busy recently, she would not have noticed. His hand was full of the shopping bags when he keyed in the passcode to her house. Ji Hyo was sitting on her sofa watching TV shows, when she heard the door been opened, she turned and ran to her boyfriend. Her boyfriend gave her a smile when she hugged him. “Ji Hyo, I missed you too but let me put down all these before I returned your hug.” He proceeded to the kitchen to put down the bags, including dinner he packed from home. He had specially requested his mum to cook something nice for Ji Hyo. His girlfriend followed him, after he put down the bags, she stood there waiting.

He chuckled and gave her a big strong hug before he kissed her on the lips, tasting the two petals of soft and sensual lips. He broke the kiss before it developed it something else, he needed to execute his plan today. “Let’s have dinner. I asked my mum to prepare some food for us.” He put the bag containing their dinner on the table.

“That is great, I must say thank you to emmorim.” She skipped to get her phone. Jong Kook smiled, she and his parents had great relationship, sometimes he was even jealous of how good his parents -had treated her, she was like their daughter and he was the foolish son-in-law. She came back immediately while texting his mother.

He then proceeded to pack the things he bought, “How did these two get here?” he exclaimed, a bit loudly, as he took out the cuttlefish and soju. “This must be Gap Jin, I must have took it up by mistake.” He saw Ji Hyo eye lighted up. He left them on the table, while packing the rest. Ji Hyo saw he had bought things she was running out of. She had just finished her last drop of shampoo and wondered how she can wash her hair tomorrow morning. She didn’t want to disrupt her date with Jong Kook over these small things but her oppa had helped her taken care of it. She smiled and wondered if he was going to propose to her, she thought the time was right, now.

She helped Jong Kook to lay down the dinner while he finished packing, they were like husband and wife. They sat down and polished off the delicious dinner.  Jong Kook showed her the two titles he bought and she chose “Marriage blue” to his delight. They make preparation for the movie, the soju and cuttlefish kept tempting Ji Hyo. “Oh what the hack” she thought “Oppa, can always buy somemore, and she popped the soju opened and placed it in the living room.

Jong Kook tried to look shocked, She gave him her cutest face to plea for the soju and cuttlefish. When he let out a resigning sigh, she gave him a kiss on his cheeks and asked him to start the movie. he chuckled, plan excuted to prefection. The cuttlefish and soju combination was delicious and drank three quarter of the bottle in the first half hour of the movie. Jong Kook can see that she is getting tipsy, “Sorry Ji Hyo, this was a stronger soju.”

He started to test her. “What do you think of the movie?” She started giving him some incoherent sentences and began nagging at the four guys for not treasuring their girlfriend. Jong Kook thought it was about time, “How do you like your wedding?” Ji Hyo giggled, she had thought of the prefect wedding but she didn’t share with anyone before. She felt a happy feeling bubbled inside her.

She began to describe the perfect wedding she had in mind, Jong Kook listened attentive, making notes on his phone. He gave her some water to drink, he didn’t want her to have a terrible headache the next day. “What about the proposal, how you like it?” he asked again.

Ji Hyo was a good girl, she answered his question, and then she grew quiet. Jong Kook can see some sadness in her eyes, “Anything wrong?” he was concerned.

“I wondered when Jong Kook Oppa would propose to me? I thought it was the right time but he still didn’t ask, maybe he didn’t want me to be his wife.” Tears started to brim in her eyes. Jong Kook took her into his embrace.

“I think he is finding the right time to ask you. Believe in him.” He felt the slight nod from her, then he felt her relax into him, a sign that she had fallen asleep. He picked her up, his poor girlfriend must be tired, he laid her down on the bed and gave her a peck on her forehead. He then cleaned up the living room and showered before laying down beside her.

The next two weeks, he was busy preparing for his proposal. He had managed to clear two free days for both him and her for the proposal. He even waited for her to finish her filming so he could take them straight to the ground. She was pleasantly surprise to see him instead of her manager, but she quickly hopped into the car. She didn’t care where she was going as long as she was with him.

They made some small talks but she was tired and she soon dozed off. He smiled, just as he thought she would. He drove them to a beach resort that offers private beaches and he bridal carry her into the resort room and laid her on the bed. He had already prepared everything for tomorrow night, but now he needed her to rest so she can enjoy herself tomorrow.

She woke up full of energy, she saw she was in a unfamiliar environment but when she saw her boyfriend, she knew she was in good hand. She quickly freshen up before laying back beside him, she wanted to surprise him. After a while, he slowly opened his eyes, and found his girl friend looking at him.

“Morning dear, you are early” he said, getting up.

She didn’t want to let him get up so she circled her arms around his neck. “Let’s stay in bed somemore.”

“But these mean you couldn’t get to go wake boarding.” He never saw her this fast before, he was developing jealousy over wakeboarding. They had a fun filled morning, his wake boarding skills are still not on par with hers but he was catching on fast. They had a simple lunch and they sat on their porch watching the sea gentle making songs. The gentle sea breeze made her felt sleepy and she dozed off. He chuckled, according to plan.

He woke her up in time for dinner, she was looking bright and cheery. They took a stroll by the seaside before their dinner. A bottle caught her eye, there was a message in the bottle. She excitedly picked it up and opened the bottle. She took out the message and it read “My beautiful girl friend, the one who supportes me when I am down, the one who make me smile when I was sad, the one who soothes my anger, the one who make me breathless when I look at her, the one who makes me heart stop when she smiles, the one who makes her a necessary part of me,  I cannot live without you, I wanted to wake up with you every morning, I wanted to be your husband, your support, I wanted to share my happiness with you, I wanted to take care of you forever. Please marry me” she looked at him, he already dropped to his knee and held a single rose. The sun was setting and it left an orange tint on them.

 Her eyes were filled with happy tears, this was what she had envisioned for her wedding proposal, except for the ring, it was not holding the message, but that was not important. “Yes, oppa, I will” she took her single rose. Jong Kook stood and hugged her. He was so happy that he twirled her around and gave her a kiss on her lips.

“Actually, I forgotten to bring the ring, are you ok?” he whispered in her ears. She couldn’t believe her oppa would forget but maybe he was too anxious. They strolled back to her room, she was hugging the proposal message. Their dinner was setup on the porch. It was a romantic candle light dinner. Jong Kook personally served her desserts, it was a plate of macarons, on top of the macarons was a diamond ring. Jong Kook took the ring and held her hand. “I love you, Song Ji Hyo” and he slipped the ring on her ring finger. Ji Hyo smiled at the surprise, she held his face and gave him a kiss, one that explore everypart of his mouth, she his tongue. She broke the kiss and whispered "I love you too, Kim Jong Kook..