Duet

The Love that remains

Lyn was excused from dance practice for a week due to her ankle injury. Nonetheless, she stayed back every day in school just so that she can go home with the girls. She was doing her revisions at the table by the fields when she felt someone tapping her shoulders.

'Oh! David-shi, what are you doing here?' David was Lyn's table partner in her class, and also the lead singer of a band in Cube High School.

'I need help in my studies. Do you mind?' David smiled awkwardly as he scratched the back of his neck. He knows that Lyn wouldn't mind, but it still took him a lot of courage to approach her for help.

'Of course not! We can help each other out.' Lyn agreed readily.

Though Lyn wasn't very good in studies either, she knew that David had a more difficult time than her as he spent his childhood in the States. There are several times in class where David couldn't understand what the teachers were saying due to his unfamiliarity with the Korean language. She couldn't find the heart to reject him even if she's already having difficulty coping with her own studies.

________________________________________________

After 3 hours of studying, David and Lyn decided to take a break.

'David, do you mind playing the guitar for me?' Lyn asked, curious as she had never heard David sings before.

Though David had performed at the school's cafe almost every day, it's his first time singing in front of just one girl.

Taking out his guitar, he strummed the strings of it to his favourite sing.

'All I want to do is find a way back into love ....'

Lyn smiled upon hearing the familiar tune; it's one of her favourite songs too. Unconsciously, she began humming and eventually, it turned into a duet between David and her.

As the music ends, both of them break into huge smile.

'I didn't know we have such great chemistry,' David joked, causing Lyn to laugh.

'Are you free tomorrow evening?' David asked suddenly.

'I think so. Waeyo?'

'Well.. My band and I are performing this song at the cafe tomorrow evening. And I was thinking.. Do you want to be my partner? I'm sure our schoolmates have gotten sick of me singing alone all the time. It would be nice to have a change.'

Lyn knew that David was just humble. His popularity in school was just like Beast's, despite the fact that he's only in year 1.
 

‘Pretty please?’ David pleaded earnestly.

‘... Yes.’


 


A/N : anyone knows David Oh from 'Birth of A Great Star'?^^ hehehe.