Piggyback

The Love that remains

Lyn dragged her feet to the dance studio after the bell, that signalled the end of her last lesson, rang. Dance practices have taken a toll on her studies, upsetting the balance she used to have between her studies and personal time. She barely has time to keep up with her schoolwork now. She knew she shouldn’t be complaining since dancing was actually an avenue for her to relieve her stress, but she felt so exhausted the entire week that she has difficulty paying attention in class now. She took a deep breath as she opened the door of the studio, bracing herself for the last practice of the week. Due to an additional lesson that she had, the rest of the girls had already begin practising. She changed and warmed up in haste, hurrying over to join the others in their dance routine.

____________________________________________________________________

 

“Argh!” Lyn yelled out in pain, putting all activities in the room to a stop. She clutched her right ankle tightly as she hunched over her knees, feeling the pain in her ankle begin to accelerate.

“Lyn!” Jihyun’s voice was full of worry as she kneeled down beside her, placing her hand on Lyn’s shoulders. “Are you alright?”

“I think ... I sprained my ankle.” Lyn said through gritted teeth. She was breaking out in cold sweats as the pain became unbearable.

“Unnie, let’s quickly help her to the sick bay!” Sohyun hurried forward and together with Jihyun, they helped her up to her feet. They were about to put Lyn’s hands over their shoulders when a voice interrupted them.

“Let me do it.” Junhyung happened to visit the dance studio to discuss a new song with their dance instructor. He was entering the dance studio when he saw Lyn fall. As worried as he was, he can’t help but to be angry at Lyn at the same time. When will she learn to take care of herself?

Lyn knew that Junhyung was angry. He may have kept a poker face, but she knew that he is going to nag at her for being careless sooner or later.

As soon as she got on his back, she whispered to him.

“Oppa, I’m sorry.”

Junhyung was caught off guard by Lyn’s apology. How did she manage to understand him so well? He didn’t even scold or nagged at her yet, and he was careful to mask his anger.

“What, are you a mind reader now?”

She tightened her grip around his neck as she rested her head on his shoulder, smiling at how grumpy Junhyung sounded.

‘Oppa, don’t belittle the power of the maknae.’