Chapter 3

At Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara couldn't believe she would be able to make those whimpering sounds as Donghae laid his mouth down on hers and kissed her with a slowness that's making her mind turn into water. His tongue delved deeper and deeper, exploring the sweet alcove of . He had never kissed her like this before like she's some kind of wild, lustul  woman and it's making her crazy with want. Wanting to be wild for him.

 

He pressed his body over hers as he lifted her leg and brushed his palm on her leg while his tongue hers. A burning feeling settled between her thighs and she moved her hips to ease it off but it only made him groan. He trailed his mouth to her chin down to her neck and she moaned in pleasure as he nibbled on her skin right at the base of . Her hand clutched his shirt then pulled his hair to return his mouth to hers. Donghae obliged and kissed her with raw passion as her hands went down to lift the corner of his shirt to feel his wam skin.

 

The movement of her hips beneath him is making him go insane. He doesn't think he would be able to stop now. He doesn't even have the strength to think as he felt her hands on his skin. Her hands were cold but where she touched left him burning. He have always wanted her but until that moment, he didn't realized how much. He wanted her , wanted her begging, wanted her scream his name as she found her release. He wanted her.

 

A bucket of ice doused the fire burning him when he heard a rustle from the door. They both stopped and looked at the door’s direction. Then they heard the key turning and Donghae sat up so fast pulling her on a sitting position that it made Dara's head spin. Donghae scooted on the farthest corner of the couch as the door opened and Suzy walked in. She froze when she saw them. Then her eyes went wide as she saw Dara's dishevelled hair and flushed cheeks. Her shorts were hiked up. Donghae looked composed but his shirt was untucked.

 

Dara was still disoriented at what just happened that she looked up confused at Suzy's wide eyed expression.

 

"Am i interrupting something?" Suzy asked when she got over her shock.

 

"Yes," Dara answered.

 

"No," Donghae said at the same time.

 

Dara let out a heavy sigh of frustration. They were so close! Why does Suzy have to come home tonight out of all nights??! Or this time out of the 24-hour count of the clock?? She looked imploringly up at Suzy. "Can you come back in a couple of minutes?"

 

Donghae let out a puff of breath as Suzy raised her eyebrows looking like she doesn’t know if she should laugh or be embarassed at catching them at a compromised situation wherein he feels like he had been close at almost ravaging his fiancée. But he's silently thanking Suzy for arriving on time. Otherwise, Dara's father might haunt him in his sleep. He stood up and held out her hand to Dara. "We need to go to grandma's house."

 

Dara looked up at him. "But-but..."

 

"Do you still want me to leave?" Suzy said fighting the urge to laugh at Dara who looked like someone stole her candy.

 

"No." Donghae smiled as he pulled Dara to stand. "I got to thank you for saving me from an evil plan of seduction."

 

Dara looked upfronted. "Ya! You were the one who pushed me down the couch," she protested as Donghae pulled her out the door after picking up the box of chocolates Dara had dropped on the floor  and passing by Suzy who was watching  them with silent amusement. Once they were safely outside, Donghae turned to her before kissing her full in the mouth rocking her senses.

 

"Let's once we have our senses back, okay?" he told her as he smoothed her hair in its place.

 

"I wasn't talking dirty!"

 

"Let's get to grandma's house before i decided to ravage you in the car." Then he realized what he said when he saw her eyes twinkle. He held up his index finger to her as he issued a warning. "Don't get any ideas."

 

Dara scowled and Donghae took her hand again as they strode to his car.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She was now composed and back to her wits when Donghae pulled the car to a stop at the front entrance of the Matriarch’s house. He stopped the ignition as he looked at her grinning. “Are you calm now? Or do you still need a couple of minutes?”

 

Dara just gave him a dry look even while she can feel a blush creeping up her neck. She tsked her tongue as she opened the car door on her side while she muttered, “I can’t believe I changed into a wily tramp.”

 

She felt the cool wind against her face, trying to remove the redness she knew is spotting her cheeks right now as she recalled the way she had almost begged for Donghae to…. Why can’t she control herself? Geez. Her mom and Suzy were happy that she changed but she don’t. A year ago, she would’ve punched anyone who tried to touch her. Now she wants to punch herself. And the fact that Donghae seems to have a lot more control than she does….

 

She stiffened when she felt Donghae’s arms wound around her. “It’s okay to be a wily tramp.” She relaxed as she felt him kiss the top of her head before making her turn around to face him. “But only with me. You got that?”

 

She smiled when she heard that and ran her finger teasingly on his shirt collar. “So… it’s okay for me to do this?”

 

Donghae caught her hand and fixed her a stern look. “No. Wait until we’re married then you can be a wily tramp as much as you want.” Then he started to walk pulling Dara along with him as he threaded his fingers with hers.

 

They entered the living room and one of the maids informed them that his grandmother is in the dining room. They could hear laughter coming from it and when they went in, they saw his grandmother and Chaerin laughing along with Jaejoong who was seated at the corner near his grandmother.

 

“Jae, you’re back,” Donghae said and Jaejoong smiled at them.

 

“Yes,” Jaejoong said then lifted a hand to wave at Dara. “Hey Dara.”

 

“Hi,” Dara said cheerfully waving at him and Donghae immediately put an arm around her shoulder and pulled her to him.

 

“You didn’t come to our engagement party,” Donghae said wanting him to know that Dara is his and he’d better stay the away. Things had cooled down between them after that night he had punched him and he had stayed only for a couple of days before flying back to HongKong. He knew he was still keeping in touch with Dara, much to his irritation, but what can he do? As much as he wants to tell Dara not to talk to Jaejoong, he knew she’s just going to ignore him. Besides, it’s not like he didn’t trust her. It’s his cousin he didn’t trust. He’s much too good looking not for him to feel insecure.

 

Jaejoong regarded him with amusement as he noticed the possesive action Donghae had made. “I tried to get back as early as I can but my flight got rescheduled. Congratulations, by the way. Grandma and Chaerin was telling me how you got socked in the face.”

 

Chaerin laughed while Dara snorted and Donghae narrowed his eyes down at her. She immediately stopped and mouthed, “Sorry.”

 

“Well don’t just stand there. Sit down,” his grandmother said motioning for them and she called one of the maids to get them food.

 

“I’m just so glad that I have succeeded in getting Donghae to marry,” grandmother said. “And I’m really happy that he chose a strong, vigorous girl like Dara.”

 

“Yeah, strong enough to punch Donghae oppa,” Chaerin said while chortling in her drink.

 

“I really didn’t mean that,” Dara said trying to smooth out her image to Donghae’s grandmother. “I was just… I got shocked.”

 

“Donghae needs to shock you more often then,” Jaejoong quipped which made Chaerin laugh and the matriarch’s mouth twitched. Probably trying not to laugh at the look on Donghae’s face.

 

“Yeah, yeah,” Donghae said. “Continue making fun of me.”

 

“I’m sorry dear,” his grandmother said. “It was really just too funny. Chaerin, stop laughing.”

 

“Okay,” Chaerin said then snorted loudly betraying her acquiesce of shutting up. Donghae just glared at her then just sighed in resignation. It seems like that episode is the only memorable thing that happened last night. Not his proposal, not even his well-executed plan. But the way Dara had whacked him. He glanced at Dara who took a sip of her water while looking like she’s trying not to laugh. He rolled his eyes but then his eyes fell on the ring on her finger and a satisfied smile crept up on his lips. Well, it was really all worth it in the end.

 

“Yoona arrived this morning too, right?” Grandma said taking a bite of her beef.

 

Dara suddenly tensed at the sound of her name. She can’t help it, it seems automatic.

 

Jaejoong pursed his lips and darted a glance at Dara. Chaerin, who seems to be the only one apart from their grandmother that is oblivious to the uncomfortable air around the table, added. “Yeah, she called me this morning and she was asking about Donghae oppa.”

 

Donghae felt like shrinking even though he knew he didn’t do anything wrong but he could see Dara’s shoulders suddenly gone rigid. His grandmother and Chaerin knew about the bet but he didn’t exactly go into details on how he got back with Dara. Or the jealousy and misunderstandings that seems to still hover around them. “Uh… yeah.”

 

“Have you talked to her yet?” His grandmother seems to be adamant in adding fuel to start the fire that is appearing in Dara’s eyes. “She said she will go to your office this morning.”

 

Ah crap! “Uh… yeah. I’ve talked to her.” He meant to tell Dara about that but it wasn’t really his fault he forgot about it.

 

Dara eye’s were flashing as she turned to her and smiled sweetly. Which he knew is a dangerous sign. “Really? You didn’t tell me that.”

 

But Donghae returned the look in her eyes, not even flinching. “Oh, I’m sorry if it slipped my mind. Because, you see, I was driven really distracted earlier.”

 

Dara’s face immediately turned red and she shut up as she returned back to her plate and Donghae knew he’s already forgiven by the twitch in like fighting a smile. She’s so cute when she’s being jealous. And it’s all for him. If they had been alone, he would’ve cleared the table and pushed her down on it.

 

Aish. He need to control his thoughts.

 

“I heard the senator’s son is actually asking her out,” Chaerin said. “Maybe that’s why she came home.”

 

“When are you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter