Thirty Two

Apple Initials and Thumbprint Soulmates

Seungkwan was crouched on the floor in front of a pile of clean clothes, trying to find something for his date with Vernon. He saw Mingyu walk past.

"Mingyu, what sort of date does Vernon have planned?" he called out.

"Seungkwan, are you seriously already planning what you're going to wear on your date?" Mingyu teased, poking his head into Seungkwan's room. Seungkwan didn't fail to notice Mingyu had disregarded his question.

Seungkwan pulled a couple shirts out of his clean pile and put them on his bed. "Yes, Mingyu, I am. I have my first real date with my first real boyfriend in four days. I need to make sure I have the right outfit."

"Vernon's already seen you when you've been sick, I don't think it matters much."

Seungkwan rolled his eyes as he started searching for that one pair of jeans that hugged his  just so. "Of course it matters. I want him to tell me I look nice, or hot."

Mingyu chuckled. "Trust me, you don't want him to tell you anything. You want to see what he thinks, if you get what I mean." He wiggled his eyebrows.

Seungkwan shook his head - Mingyu was unbelievable. Being with Wonwoo had really brought out another side of him. "No, I want him to think I look nice. Save the appeal until I'm sure he likes me."

"You talk to Jihoon too much. What happened to the Seungkwan who thought Vernon might like you back? You know, back in middle school?"

Seungkwan moved to kneel in front of a pile of dirty clothes. It was a good thing he'd decided to plan his outfit early, what if he'd waited until the last minute and didn't have time to wash something he really wanted to wear?

"We're graduating high school in less than two months. Middle school me was naive. I'm still pretty naive, but I'm not going to believe a boy likes me just because he says he does. Weren't the you the first one that told me to give up on him, anyway?"

Mingyu sighed. "I was, but now I'm wrong! Listen, he likes you. He used to always do things that we thought meant he liked you. We brushed it off because we thought he was straight. Now we know he's not - Vernon likes you, dude."

Seungkwan sat back on his heels, giving up on finding the pair of jeans. "He wanted us to be platonic soulmates. How am I supposed to believe him when he says he likes me?"

Mingyu leaned against the doorway. "So he didn't realise how he felt about you, big deal. Now he does."

Seungkwan sighed. He didn't know why he was having this conversation. "Mingyu, I don't even care anymore. If he likes me, he likes me. If not, the soulmate bond stuff'll take care of it."

Mingyu sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Seungkwan, why have you been listening to-"

"I haven't been listening to Jihoon! Vernon hasn't really done much to show he likes me, has he? He still acts the same as he did before we got together, except now we kiss," Seungkwan cut Mingyu off, trying to explain his thoughts.

Mingyu's eyes lit up. "Exactly! That's what I've been trying to say. Think off how you reckon boyfriends should act, and compare that with what Vernon's been like for at least the past year."

Seungkwan stopped to think. Sure, Vernon had behaved almost exactly like a boyfriend should, and he usually responded well when Seungkwan tried to feel out if Vernon liked him.

"OK, sure. There have been times it seemed like he like liked me," Seungkwan admitted. Mingyu nodded emphatically. "But, why would Vernon like me?"

Mingyu shook his head, as if he was giving up. "I don't know, you're cute, your 's cute, you're witty, you're charismatic, you're pretty much perfect for him, maybe?" he answered flatly.

"Really? I'm all that?" Seungkwan asked as he went over to his drawers. Maybe, by some miracle, he'd put that pair of jeans away.

Mingyu blew out a puff of air. "Yes, you're really all that. I'm clearly getting nowhere with you and the whole 'Vernon actually likes you' thing, so I'm heading back to my room. Homework."

And like that, Seungkwan was left alone again, searching through his drawers for the only pair of jeans he had that clung to him perfectly. Left to himself, and wondering why he couldn't just let himself believe Vernon liked him.

 

 

***

 

 

Seungkwan knocked on Vernon's front door and waited patiently for someone to answer. It was four minutes until ten at night, Seungkwan was cold, and he wanted Vernon.

He knocked again. He pulled his hand back to rub his arms - he definitely should've put on another jacket or something. The door opened.

"Oh, Seungkwan!" Mrs Chwe said. She moved aside and motioned for Seungkwan to come in. She called out something, and Vernon appeared quite quickly. In his pyjamas, with his hair wet, and the adorable socks he was wearing, he was almost too much for Seungkwan. What had he done in a past life to have Vernon as his soulmate? He must've singlehandedly saved Earth from an alien invasion or something

"What's up, Kwannie?" Vernon asked as he grabbed Seungkwan's hand and started leading him to Vernon's room.

"I just wanted to see you, I guess."

Vernon squeezed Seungkwan's hand. "Did you walk all the way here?" Vernon was visibly worried. He pulled Seungkwan over to his bed, sat down, and pulled Seungkwan to sit next to him.

"Of course not, public transport's a thing. I can't stay long, I left my phone and I didn't even tell anyone I was leaving. I don't want anyone to worry." Seungkwan was starting to realise rushing to Vernon's hadn't been a great idea. He didn't even know why he did it.

"Something you wanna talk about?" Vernon asked, resting his head on Seungkwan's shoulder.

Seungkwan took a second to consider it, was there anything he wanted to talk about?

He stopped himself from shaking his head. "Yeah? There are always things I want to talk about."

Vernon placed a hand on Seungkwan's knee and squeezed. "Like what?"

Seungkwan turned his head and kissed the top of Vernon's head. "I still don't feel like you actually like me." There wasn't any other way Seungkwan could find to say it.

Seungkwan felt Vernon nod. "I understand; I haven't done anything to prove I like you. Actions speak louder than words, right? I hope our date Saturday evening changes things; I've put a lot of thought into it."

Seungkwan chuckled dryly. "You'd tell me that even if it wasn't true." Vernon lifted his head to protest. "Oh, shut up, Hansol. I was teasing," Seungkwan interrupted fondly.

Vernon's eyes widened. "You just called me Hansol," he stated. He looked like he was trying to stop himself from smiling.

"I did," Seungkwan agreed.

Vernon paused for a few seconds and looked up, like he was trying to remember something. His lips moved slightly like he was saying something to himself. "Am I in trouble for something?"

Seungkwan smiled and shook his head. "No, but I'm your boyfriend. Vernon feels too much like I'm one of the other guys."

Vernon nodded. "Ok, Kwannie. You can call me Hansol."

Seungkwan felt his cheeks raise. "Hansol! Hansol, Hansol, Hansol."

They both laughed. "That's going to take some getting used to," Vernon confessed. Seungkwan nodded in agreement. It sure was, but he really liked saying Hansol.

"Wait, how will I know when I'm in trouble with you?" Vernon asked.

"Hansol, do you really need me to answer that?"

Vernon shook his head. "There are plenty of other clues, never mind."

Vernon layed down and out his head in Seungkwan's lap. "You're breathtaking Seungkwan."

Seungkwan felt his heart skip a beat. He really liked this whole "tell Seungkwan he's attractive" thing.

"You're acting strange, Vernon."

"Hansol," Vernon corrected.

Seungkwan started running his hands through Vernon's hair. "Hansol, you're acting a little off."

Vernon's eyebrows knit together. "How?"

"You're just a little more affectionate than normal." Seungkwan tried to smooth out Vernon's eyebrows with his fingertips.

Vernon shrugged. "My boyfriend knocked on my front door at nearly ten pm, and said he just wanted to see me. Then, he told me he still doesn't think I have feelings for him. I just want you to feel adored. Sue me. And please, I'm always affectionate towards you."

Seungkwan scoffed jokingly. "Really? You think you're affectionate?"

Vernon laughed. "I'd go so far as to say I'm even more affectionate than you," he teased.

Seungkwan shifted, he needed to get back home before anyone freaked out too badly.

"Hey, what's up? You're worrying the Kims are getting ready to file a missing persons or something? My phones on my bedside table, you can call Mingyu and let him know you're here."

Seungkwan grabbed Vernon's phone and called Mingyu.

"Do you want to stay over? It's getting late. You can borrow one of my uniforms," Vernon offered.

Seungkwan nodded and pressed the speakerphone button. "Yeah, sure."

"Yeah, sure what?" Mingyu's voice came over the phone.

"I'm staying at my boyfriend's tonight," Seungkwan sang.

"Which one, Vernon, that guy with the lip piercing, or that kid that wrote you the cheesy confession letter?" Mingyu asked. Seungkwan was shocked - he only had Vernon! - before he realised Mingyu was mucking around.

"None," Vernon answered swiftly, "the guy with the large package."

Mingyu laughed. "Shut up, Vernon. I've seen you. You're pretty average."

"Some people'll tell you it isn't the size that matters, it's how you use it," Vernon shot back.

"That's just what they tell guys with small ," Mingyu said boredly.

Seungkwan cleared his throat. "I'm sure when it comes time to do it Hansol's tool will be perfectly fine. I didn't call to talk about , though. I'm staying at Hansol's tonight. Goodbye, see you tomorrow." Seungkwan waited for a goodbye from Mingyu before hanging up.

"I'll go tell my mum. You can grab some of my clothes to get changed into, mum'll probably tell us it's time to get to bed soon." Vernon left the room.

Seungkwan got up and found some clothes to get changed into, and threw his dirty clothes into Vernon's washing basket. Vernon came in just as Seungkwan was pulling a t-shirt over his head.

"Have you danced today?" Vernon asked.

"No, why? Do I look fat?" Seungkwan tried to control the panic in his voice, but he heard some slip through. He didn't want to look fat in front of his boyfriend.

Vernon shook his head as he walked over to Seungkwan. He slipped his hands under the hem of the shirt Seungkwan was wearing. Vernon's hands were cold, and they made Seungkwan shiver.

"You're gorgeous, Seungkwan. You don't look fat." Vernon was staring into Seungkwan's eyes as he spoke. Gosh, Vernon had the nicest eyes.

Vernon pinched Seungkwan's stomach, drawing him out of Vernon's eyes. "That little bit of fat is fine, it's healthy. So keep up with the healthy eating, keep up with the exercise, and don't lose those cheeks." Vernon kissed Seungkwan's cheek.

Seungkwan felt himself blushing. He pushed Vernon's hands down, and took them in his own. "Ok, that's enough with the 'Seungkwan's so perfect' thing for the night."

Vernon nodded and sat down on his bed. "Where'd you put your clothes? Mum wants to wash them for you."

Seungkwan climbed into Vernon's bed. "In your washing basket."

Vernon got up to turn the light off, then joined Seungkwan in the bed. "Really? Isn't that super domestic?" Vernon sounded pleased.

"Yeah, do you like it?" Seungkwan snuggled into Vernon, tangling their limbs together.

Vernon hummed. "I really like it. Can you wait until I do my washing to get your clothes back? I can't wait until we're older and live together, and we do each others washing and cook for each other."

Seungkwan nuzzled Vernon. "Yeah, I can wait for my washing. I can't wait to live with you one day."

"Me either. Seungkwan, you know I really do love looking at you, right. You've got the nicest cheekbones, and such pouty lips, and cute little cheeks, and your beauty spots, and your eyes are just so expressive," Vernon murmured.

Seungkwan ran his foot along one of Vernon's legs. "I appreciate that you started telling me that stuff so often."

"Yeah. No problem."

"You ok, Ver- Hansol? Is there something you want to talk about?"

Vernon hesitated before answering, "I won't get to see your face as often next year, if you do end up going overseas."

Seungkwan still hadn't put much thought into if he really wanted to or not. He could go back to Jeju for a month or two, and find something to do in Seoul when he came back. He wanted to be near Vernon, they'd just started dating a month ago.

"I'll miss you. And I'll be worried that you're going to find somebody else the whole time, and I want to you stay with me," Vernon continued

Seungkwan snorted. "There's nobody else for me, Hansol. I don't even know if I really will go, anyway."

Vernon started massaging Seungkwan's lower back. ("You can go lower, I don't mind you touching my ," Seungkwan reminded him, so lower his hand went.)

"You should," Vernon stated. "It'll be good for us, we already know we can get through it. I'll miss you, and I might feel like something's missing because you're such a big part of my life. But, it'll be good. We need time away from each other because we've developed around each other for so long. We're so young, and we probably need time apart to become our own people."

Seungkwan hummed and started running a hand over Vernon's chest. "That's what I thought. But, what if Mingyu's right - do we really need to know who we are without each other if we'll be together for the rest of our lives?"

"Do you want to turn into one of those couples that are lost without each other? What if one of us gets a job that requires us to travel, even for a few days at a time? It'll be good for us. If you don't spend at least a few months overseas next year, then I will when I graduate."

"What if it's hard?"

Vernon squeezed Seungkwan's bum. "It's going to be hard, but doesn't that let you know it'll be worth it?"

"It's cute that you enjoy touching my so much. Anyway, shh. I want to sleep." Seungkwan wriggled to get comfortable.

"Seungkwan?"

"Yeah, Hansol?"

There was a moment of hesitation before Vernon said in a small voice, "What do I have to do to prove I like you?"

Seungkwan didn't even have to think about it. "Just keep doing what you've been doing." He placed a kiss on Vernon's cheek before closing his eyes to sleep.

 

 

***

 

 

Suddenly, it was Saturday. Seungkwan was showered, dressed (he'd ended up finding that certain pair of jeans), and was debating shaving the small amount stubble he'd grown since shaving the morning before.

"Mingyu!" he called from the bathroom, "Do I shave or no?"

He heard Mingyu snicker. "Spoiler: isn't part of the date plan." Seungkwan heard Mingyu's footsteps thunder through the house towards the bathroom. It sounded like he was running. "But honestly, you should ask Vernon if hair down there bothers him first, it really turns some people on," Mingyu said as he smacked into the bathroom doorway.

Seungkwan held up his razor, trying not to laugh. "I meant my face!"

Mingyu stepped closer and grabbed Seungkwan's chin. He tilted Seungkwan's chin up, then left and right. "Leave it, it looks good, a little different from the clean cut, sort of preppy, boyish thing you normally do. You wanna borrow my leather jacket?"

Seungkwan put the razor back down on the sink. "No, I was going to wear my letterman jacket."

Mingyu let go of Seungkwan's chin. "You have one of those?"

"You were there when I bought it! Last year, when we went out for your birthday."

"Oh yeah. You bought it and when I asked where my present was you told me I now had the gift of seeing you in the jacket, then you sang happy birthday every time you wore it until it got too hot." They both chuckled, remembering the memory.

"Anyways, you want me to style your hair?" Mingyu asked, bringing a hand up to play with the wet mop on Seungkwan's head.

Seungkwan considered it. Mingyu either did really well or really badly, depending on if he was trying something new and how much time he had.

"Yeah, sure. Just don't do anything too new, stick to things you've already done and know look good."

Mingyu nodded and started grabbing things out of the cupboard under the sink. It took about twenty minutes for Mingyu to style his hair.

"What are you going to do for the next almost half hour?" Mingyu asked after he'd finished putting all his styling utensils away.

Seungkwan was inspecting his hair in the mirror. "I don't know, Mingyu. Maybe homework, or watch TV? Have you kept up with that drama we were watching?"

Mingyu nodded as he typed something on his phone. Seungkwan assumed he was texting Wonwoo. "Yeah, I have, it's gotten pretty good." They spent the next twenty minutes discussing the drama, until an alarm went off on Mingyu's phone.

"Ok, time to go." Mingyu stopped the alarm and slipped his phone into his pocket. Seungkwan pushed off from leaning against the sink and ran to his room. He grabbed his phone from where it was on charge and joined Mingyu at the door. They slipped their shoes on, and headed to subway.

Seungkwan was jittery. It was his first date (the fake ones with Jihoon where they just hung out at his recording studio didn't count). Mingyu must've noticed. "Calm down," he'd said while they were walking to the cafe from their stop, "it's only Vernon. You've known him for years, dated him for more than a month. Things'll be fine. No need to be nervous."

"What if I screw it up somehow? What if I don't do things like he planned?"

"Thing's will be fine. Trust me, just take a deep breath before we go in."

When they got to the cafe Seungkwan stopped dead. He couldn't even see inside the cafe because the blinds were closed. He took a deep breath and tried to ready himself. He didn't understand why he was so nervous. Like Mingyu said, it was Vernon. His boyfriend, the guy he'd been best friends with for years. Things worked out for them.

Seungkwan opened the door and stepped inside.

It was simultaneously the most gorgeous thing Seungkwan had ever seen and the most interesting thing he'd ever seen.

All the chairs and tables, except for one small table and two stools, had been precariously stacked against the back wall. There were fairy lights, and a couple of teddy bears of varying sizes were strung up. It looked like there was silly string sprayed all over the place (but none on the floor) and a smattering of white glitter across the floor.

It also looked like there was a heap of paper snowflakes stuck to the walls, but Seungkwan was deciding to ignore those.

Standing in front of the cash register counter was Vernon, looking incredibly nervous and like a piece of art he'd put his soul into was being judged. Seungkwan supposed that was kind of the situation.

"Careful, Seungkwan! The floor's been polished," Vernon warned before Seungkwan could run across to him.

Seungkwan made his way across carefully. "Oh my god, Hansol. This is so... Wow, I can see you put a lot of effort in."

Vernon blushed. "You look nicer. But, yeah, I tried. I had some help though, Jun, Minghao, and even Jihoon helped me set up."

Seungkwan was surprised. "Jihoon helped?"

Vernon nodded. "Yeah. He said he wanted to make sure the chairs and tables were stacked properly so they wouldn't fall over and squash us."

"He's actually a big softy," Seungkwan murmured fondly.

Seungkwan wrapped his arms around Vernon. "Thank you. It's gorgeous. So, what's our date?"

"Didn't anyone tell you?"

Seungkwan pulled back to look Vernon in the eyes. "No. Were they supposed to?"

"Of course not, I just didn't expect almost everyone to keep the secret. I tried my best to set up something carnival-like. I tried, but-"

Seungkwan leaned forward and kissed Vernon to shut him up. "I really appreciate it. Now, can we start our date?"

Vernon put his hands on Seungkwan's hips. "Sure. Did you want play a cheap attempt at a carnival game or do a cheap attempt at a ride first?"

"I'm actually kind of hungry. Any yummy carnival food we can eat?"

Vernon pecked the corner of Seungkwan's mouth. He looked like was ready to say something cheesy before he opened his mouth. "Is that stubble, Kwannie?"

Seungkwan nodded. "Yeah, why? Don't you like it?"

Vernon smirked. "It's pretty hot, actually. Like you in those jeans." Vernon's hands slid down to cup Seungkwan's .

Seungkwan blushed. "Now tell me the cheesy thing you were going to say."

Vernon pecked the corner of Seungkwan's mouth again. "You can just eat up all my adoration for you."

Seungkwan leaned in and nibbled on Vernon's bottom lip. "Sorry, still hungry," he said when he pulled back. "Maybe I need something more substantial, like food?"

"You two are too much." Seungkwan heard Mingyu say. He turned around, he'd thought Mingyu had left. Mingyu was leaning against the cafe door, his eyes glued to his phone.

Vernon chuckled. "Ahh, right. Mingyu's going to stay, but out around the back." His attention turned to Mingyu. "Can you tell Jun to bring out two hotdogs?"

Mingyu nodded and went around to the employees room.

Vernon jumped to sit on the counter behind him, and he pulled Seungkwan closer to him. "I can understand why you like this," he said before peppering kisses all over Seungkwan's face.

A loud throat clearing noise pulled Seungkwan and Vernon out of their bubble. "Here are your hotdogs," Jun said, offering a hotdog wrapped in a napkin to both boys.

The boys took their hotdogs and Jun left.

"So," Seungkwan said after his first bite, "describe the rides and games to me."

"We can play bumper stools or get pushed around on the table like a teacup ride for, or we can play something with magnetic darts, or something with toilet rolls and a tennis ball, or forks with strings and magnet on the bottom to catch fish."

Seungkwan brought a hand up to Vernon's cheek. "You really went all out."

Vernon groaned. "Look, I tried. It's cheesy and cheap, but we're young and I don't -"

"Hansol, it's fine. I get it. I don't care if it isn't something super fancy, this is us. We'll remember it for years, and compare all our dates to this one. Now, shut up and eat your hotdog."

They finished their hotdogs quickly in silence.

Seungkwan brushed his fingers off and put his scrunched up napkin on the cash register counter next to Vernon. "Can we do the teacup ride thing? I'm assuming that's why Mingyu and Jun are here, to push us around."

Vernon nodded. "They were the only ones who were willing to be mules for the night, everybody else 'had stuff to do'. Stay here while I go get them."

Vernon hopped off the counter and went around back, emerging less than a minute later with Jun and Mingyu. He went around to Seungkwan, led him to the table, and helped him get up into it. Jun and Mingyu kicked the stools towards the nearest wall.

"How is thing going to move?" Seungkwan asked.

"We put really thick socks around the legs, and polished the floor. That should hopefully get it to move if we push hard enough," Jun answered.

"If it doesn't?" Seungkwan was baffled they thought this would work.

The three other guys shrugged. "We get everyone else to come around and lift the table to drag you two around," Mingyu answered, sounding like he was only half joking.

"Seriously? You think everyone'll just drop everything for us?"

"Not everyone, but if I tell Minghao I'll let him blow me in the morning there's one, and Seungcheol will come if I clean the bathroom the next time he finds in there, and Junghan will come because he gets lonely easily and -"

"Jun, I'm scared by how well you know everyone. Now, hurry up and push us around," Vernon directed.

Mingyu and Jun started pushing.

"I don't think it's moving," Mingyu groaned.

Seungkwan jolted as it moved a little bit. He squeaked and flung himself onto Vernon.

Vernon chuckled. "I definitely think it just moved."

"You two are really heavy," Mingyu complained.

"Don't say that! We're just not strong enough," Jun berated. He stood up. "I"m going to call Seungcheol - he's stronger than Minghao and I'd only have to clean up someone's a few times. Mingyu, you set up a game while I go call him." Jun went around the back.

"I'm sorry, I thought that'd work," Vernon apologised. "And your reaction when the table moved was over the top."

Seungkwan ran a hand through Vernon's hair. "I just wanted to be close to you," he whispered in to Vernon's ear. Vernon shivered, and Seungkwan smirked with the knowledge something as simple as that could still elicit that reaction from Vernon.

"Careful, there's glitter in my hair," Vernon told Seungkwan.

Mingyu scoffed and muttered, "When are you two going to start screwing? Get over the cheesy stage already."

"They'll probably be even worse once they start screwing," Jun disagreed as he walked back into the room. "Seungcheol will be over in twenty. Mingyu, set up the game."

Mingyu held up his hands. "I was just saying they should cut the adorable act."

"Shut up! We're so cute you're jealous. I've never seen you and Wonwoo doing anything besides each other," Seungkwan teased and poked out his tongue.

"We aren't super cute, so what? Wonwoo and mine's charm is that we're y." He smirked, flashing his canines. "Can you honestly tell me you've never thought of joining us when you've walked in us?"

Seungkwan gulped. He couldn't honestly say that. Vernon rubbed his thigh. "So what if he has? The point is you wish you and Wonwoo were as cute as we are."

Mingyu shrugged. "Whatever, I have to set up the game."

"No point, I already did," Jun announced.

Vernon and Seungkwan clambered off the table and went over to where Jun had set up the first game on the ground. It was a bunch of toilet rolls stacked on top of each other in a pyramid, and each roll had a post it note with a number on it. There were three tennis balls lined up in a row about a metre away from it.

"See the teddy bears strung up in amongst the fairy lights?" Vernon asked as they sat down near the tennis balls. Seungkwan nodded. "Each teddy bear is worth a certain amount of points. Points are accumulative over the night. See the numbers written in green on the post it notes? If you hit them you get points, and if you hit the red ones you lose points."

"But there are so many red ones! Every green number is surrounded by red ones!" Seungkwan complained. "It's rigged!"

Vernon rubbed Seungkwan's lower back. "All carnival games are rigged. One last thing, all carnival games cost something, right? Well, these ones we'll be playing tonight have a very special price."

Seungkwan rolled his eyes. "You want me to kiss you, right? That's the price - a kiss."

Vernon nodded. "Of course."

Seungkwan pressed a kiss to Vernon's cheek, took a tennis ball, and threw it. He completely missed. "I guess you've been practising heaps so you can be the perfect boyfriend that wins me a giant teddy?"

"No, that wouldn't be fair. I've already bought them so you can take the biggest one home tonight, then it'll become a tradition that I give you a teddy bear every time we go on a date."

Seungkwan threw the second ball. "Well then, why am I even trying if I automatically get the best prize?" He hit two reds.

"Because you wanted our fist date to be at a carnival, so I've done my best."

Seungkwan kissed Vernon while he waited for Mingyu to put the rolls he'd knocked out back into place. "And I really appreciate it, Hansol," he said before throwing the last ball.

Mingyu swore. "You little - that one hit me!"

Vernon burst into laughter before Seungkwan did. Mingyu pouted and stormed out of the cafe.

"Great, we lost a mule," Vernon pouted. "Tonight isn't going how I planned."

"It's ok, I'm still enjoying myself," Seungkwan assured him. "You want to play bumper stools?"

Vernon nodded and stood up. They grabbed the stools Jun and Mingyu had kicked earlier, and dragged them to the middle of the room.

They sat down on them, and started scooting around. They weren't moving too well, and were pretty tiring after only a few seconds.

"These aren't moving the way I thought they would. I thought they'd move more smoothly," Seungkwan heard Vernon mutter.

"Something came up and Seungcheol can't make it any more," Jun came in from the employee room and announced, holding out his phone as proof.

Vernon stood up so quickly his stool tipped over. He kicked it in the opposite way to Seungkwan and muttered something Seungkwan couldn't quite make out. Then, with his hands clenched into fists, he stomped his way over to the male restroom.

"Well," Jun slipped his phone into his pocket. "That was. Well."

Seungkwan felt the same. He sat on his stool, motionless. Speechless.

There was a loud slam and an "Ow, ! Should not have done that," from the direction of the males bathroom.

"You should check on him," Jun suggested. "It sounds like I might have to get him to the hospital to check for a broken hand."

Seungkwan stood up and flew to the males restroom.

"Hansol Vernon Chwe, I swear if you've ruined our first date by breaking your hand I'll never let you plan a date again." Seungkwan promised as he opened the door.

Vernon was standing in the middle of the cramped space between the urinals and the stalls his right hand open and cradled against his body.

Seungkwan rushed to him. "Oh my gosh, are you alright?"

Vernon nodded. "I'm fine, it just really stings." He winced, "I smacked the door as it closed." Vernon started wringing his hand.

Seungkwan smacked Vernon's shoulder. "It sounded like you'd really hurt yourself! And why?"

Vernon took a few breaths. "I'm frustrated because things aren't working out the way I wanted them to. It looks like it helps in the movies."

Seungkwan kissed Vernon's temple. "So? You usually respond a lot better to things not working out," he said calmly, using a soft voice to try calm Vernon down. He looked like he had tears forming in his eyes.

"So? This was my biggest chance to show you I really do like you and nothing's working out and I should've planned it better." Vernon's voice was starting to crack. Vernon didn't cry often, and when he did it was only about things that really mattered to him.

"Hey, hey, hey, shh. It's fine, it's fine. It didn't matter that things weren't working out. It mattered that I saw you were excited and I saw the thought and effort you'd put in." Seungkwan started playing with the strands of hair at Vernon's nape, wrapping them around his fingers and tugging at them lightly to redirect his attention.

"Seungkwan, don't. It matters because it's my biggest chance to show I like you and I'm blowing it."

"You aren't blowing it. Seeing you so upset about this shows how much you really like me."

Vernon's eyes widened. "Really? You believe me? I proved myself?"

Seungkwan nodded and leaned forward to kiss Vernon. Vernon pulled away. "Seungkwan really? Really do you believe me? Don't get my hopes up."

"Yes, Hansol. I believe you. I had a chat with Mingyu the other night, then when I spent the night at yours, and now seeing you so worked up over our date not being perfect and you thinking you'd ruined your chance to believe me. I believe you."

Vernon leaned forward and pressed his mouth against Seungkwan's. Seungkwan felt Vernon's tongue tracing his bottom lip, felt Vernon nipping at his bottom lip, felt the urgency.

Seungkwan opened his mouth and let Vernon do as he wanted, following along as best he could. Seungkwan wasn't sure if it was him, Vernon, or a mutual effort, but somehow Vernon was pinned up against a toilet stall door. His hands were up Vernon's shirt, Vernon's hands were up his, and Vernon's lips were latched onto his throat. He didn't know how long how they long the stayed like, time was simultaneously in fast forward and pause.

"Oh my god, Kwannie," Vernon moaned.

There was so much Vernon that Seungkwan didn't know what to do. It was too much and not enough and Seungkwan wanted more.

He pressed himself even closer to Vernon. Vernon's hands traveled lower, snaking around to massage Seungkwan's lower back, lower to slip fingertips under his jeans, even lower until Vernon's hands couldn't move anymore because of how tight Seungkwan's jeans were.

Vernon up Seungkwan's throat, and nuzzled Seungkwan's earlobe. "Can I stick my hands down the front of your jeans? Not down your underwear just... You know."

Seungkwan pulled his hands out from under Vernon's shirt and placed them on his shoulders, suddenly aware of things besides Vernon. The haze was gone.

"No. No, we are not doing this."

Vernon pulled away, looking like a kicked puppy. "What aren't we doing?"

"You are not palming me off in the bathroom on our first date."

Vernon his lips. "Right, of course. Sorry. Got anead of myself. We should go back out, finish our date."

Seungkwan tugged at his clothes to straighten them up.

"You know it's obvious what we've been doing," Vernon told him.

Seungkwan froze. "Did you leave marks? If you've left hickeys after we agreed only little ones where they aren't easy to see I will kill you, Chwe." Seungkwan pulled out out his phone to look.

"No, I didn't give you hickeys. I meant the glitter from my hair - it's all over you."

Seungkwan put his phone away - he trusted Vernon. He tried to brush some of the glitter off when he realised he wasn't wearing his jacket anymore.

"Where did my jacket go?"

Vernon went over to the sink and picked up their jackets. He held out Seungkwan's letterman jacket to him and helped him shrug into it.

"Why do even have glitter in your hair?" Seungkwan asked as he tried to get some off his hands.

"Sofia. She said I needed to be handsome for our date, and threw a tantrum when I wouldn't let her do my makeup or paint my nails. She said something about abolishing gender stereotypes and dumped a packet of her glitter in my hair."

Seungkwan chuckled and grabbed Vernon's hands. "C'mon, let's go finish our date."

"Remember how I said the floor was polished?" Vernon asked as he opened the door to go back into the cafe main.

Seungkwan nodded. Vernon dragged him over to middle of the room. "Cool, then take off your shoes and we can floorskate," Vernon directed, already taking off his shoes and throwing them over to the cafe entrance.

Seungkwan shook his head, but took off his shoes regardless. He threw them in the same direction Vernon had. Vernon grabbed his hand and started moving around slowly. "Be careful not to move too quickly or you'll fall."

Mingyu and Jun came out of the employee room, looking quite smug and playing an r&b song off one of their phones.

"So, Seungkwan, how was Vernon's tool?" Mingyu asked, raising his eyebrows suggestively.

"There was no tool usage," Seungkwan stated.

Mingyu deflated.

"Really? You two spent ages in there," Jun pointed out.

"Just making out," Vernon explained.

"Now can you leave us alone to enjoy our date?" Seungkwan snapped.

"Woah, sorry. Didn't mean to bother you. I'll stay and help Jun clean up so Vernon can can drop you off at home." Mingyu grabbed Jun's arm and dragged him back to the employee room.

Jun let out a strangled cry as Mingyu dragged him off. "You guys have fifteen minutes until you have to leave. It's almost ten thirty and I want to get out of here by tomorrow."

Vernon turned to Seungkwan. "So, do you want to head off now or..?"

Seungkwan shook his head and held out his hand. "Would you do me the honour of sliding around in your socks with me?" Vernon took Seungkwan's hand and took off, dragging Seungkwan with him. They fell not even a metre and a half away from where they'd been standing.

The next fifteen minutes was the most Seungkwan had ever fallen over. It was only when he and Vernon were putting on their shoes to leave that Seungkwan realised they both had white glitter all over them from the floor. He pointed it out and Vernon just chuckled.

"It's a good thing we're taking public transport then," he joked.

The way home was filled with blushing, entwined hands, cheek kisses, and sweet words. Then, at Seungkwan's doorstep, they kissed each other goodbye. It was soft, and sweet, and the perfect ending to a perfect first date.

Except theirs hadn't been. Nothing had worked out like Vernon had planned, and they'd made out in the males restroom, and they were covered in glitter. And, they'd both forgotten about the giant teddy bear until they were at Seungkwan's doorstep.

"Hansol," Seungkwan called out to his boyfriend's retreating figure. Vernon turned around. "Did you want to come inside? We can continue where we left off in the bathroom, but in my bedroom this time."

The date ended in pants, and moaned names, and both boys being a little less innocent than they had been twelve house earlier.

And of course, whispered I adore yous.

 

 

==============

A/N:

That was a monster of a chapter! I hope it makes up for me not updating in over two weeks/almost three/something crazy like that.

 

I feel like a lot happened in this chapter but I also feel like hardly anything happened. 

 

One chapter left. Whoo boy. 

 

First side story will be jungcheolshua. I won't spoil the fic name until next chapter.

 

Also! I've had some pretty cool conversations with some of you through the comments, so I made a tumblr blog. If you guys (anyone, regardless of whether you've ever commented or not) want to swing by my tumblr (divaboo-t.tumblr.com) feel free. If you want to chat, but don't have tumblr or you're shy you can just have an anon nickname thing. (I'm pretty new to tumblr still.)

 

Hoped you enjoyed the chapter!