Ten

Apple Initials and Thumbprint Soulmates

"So, I have to talk to you both about an uncomfortable topic," she began once they were both settled down. "Joshua, I'm not your mother and you're an adult, so I can't police your actions. Hansol, sweetie, your my firstborn and a teenager with hormo-"

"Mum, dad told me about the birds and the bees when I was, like, eleven, ok? I know about my changing body and raging hormones." Vernon did not want to have that conversation again.

"Sweetie, this is about exploring your urges in a responsible way."

Joshua cleared his throat. "Mrs Chwe, I have studying to do, so can I?.." he trailed off, trying so signal he meant "go do that and skip this" with out seeming rude.

"Just let me say a few short things to you and you're free. First, you've met your soulmate now, so if you ever want to spend the night out with Junghan you can; I'm sure your parents are sending you enough money to rent a hotel room-"

"Mum, Joshua's an adult. Just tell him not to bring anyone home." If Vernon weren't so mortified he had to be part of the conversation at some point he'd be laughing at how red Joshua was.

"Also, make sure to be safe - the page on the table has some good resources, one of my gay friends assures me," Vernon's mum continued as if she hadn't been interrupted.

"Yeah, of course Mrs Chwe. I'm not totally inexperienced, so I think Junghan and I can figure things out when we get to that stage." Joshua stammered as he got up and left.

"Look, mum, I don't think this talk is necessary right now," Vernon tried to convince his mum.

"Exactly, I'd rather you knew this information before it becomes necessary, sweetie." She wasn't convinced. "So, everything seems really exciting right now, one of your close friends has found their soulmate and you might start hearing about what the two are doing."

"Mum," Vernon groaned before she could continue, "I'm sure I won't, ok. This whole conversa-"

"Shut up and listen, Hansol. I'm trying to talk to you about a mature topic, so let me. It's uncomfortable for me, too," Vernon's mum cut his complaining short. He gulped and nodded.

"I can assure you you're going to hear about it, I was your age once. While your dad and I would rather you don't become... involved with anybody, we'd like for you to let us know if you ever do. We'd also prefer your sister to not be in the house, so let us know if you're ever wanting to do anything like that so we can arrange for you to have the house for a couple hours, ok?"

"Yep, no problem mum. Can I leave now?"

Vernon's mum made him take the piece of paper before she nodded the affirmative. Vernon was back in the safety of his room quicker than lightning, the sheet of paper hidden in one his desk drawers.

He remembered Chan and decided to text him. After a brief back and forth they decided to head to an arcade on Wednesday after school.

He couldn't think of much else to do, so Vernon decided to read. He hadn't been reading longer than half an hour when Joshua came into his room.

"So, continuing our earlier conversation, Seungkwan's fine with you going out on a date with Chan?"

Vernon threw his book down. "Yes! Oh my god, why wouldn't he be?" This whole topic was confusing and infuriating. What was Joshua trying to get at?

"He just seems like the jealous, possessive type. Doesn't seem like the type open to 'sharing' you with someone else." Joshua shrugged casually.

"Seungkwan already 'shares' me, I have other friends."

Joshua rolled his eyes. "Romantically."

A lightbulb in Vernon's head, and he couldn't help but laugh. "You think- Seungkwan and I? No!" he gasped between sniggers.

Joshua put his hands up. "Sorry, I just assumed. You guys are really touchy and act like you're dating. It was pretty much confirmed in my mind when I came in last night to ask you something and found you both spooning in your sleep."

Vernon felt his cheeks heat up. "Spooning? Really? Wow, umm... I guess it was you that put my laptop on the desk, then? Thanks for that."

Joshua shrugged and bobbed his head. "No problem." He walked back out the room, stopping just outside the doorway to shoot a "you were big spoon, by the way" over his shoulder.

Vernon didn't think he'd stop blushing for the rest of the afternoon. He picked up his book to read it and try get the image of spooning Seungkwan out of his mind, but it just evolved into pillow talk and other snuggly activities. He thought he might be tired and decided to have a nap.

A nap definitely didn't help, he thought to himself as he stripped his bed in the early hours of the morning. He went for a quick shower, then shoved his sheet, blankets and soiled boxers into the washing machine.

If anyone asked, he'd blame it on the earlier conversation with his mother. Definitely not the fantastic dream he'd had of Seungkwan, with his eyes screwed shut in pleasure, pinned underneath him willingly. He definitely hadn't woken up with a shuddered "Vernon!" ringing in his ears.

That was the truth. He hadn't. Really.

He wasn't lying to himself.

 

===========

A/N:

I don't even know what this update is; if I were titling each chapter this one'd be called "Let's talk about ". That was supposed to be funny.

The chapter was going to be longer, then hormones happened and I thought "yeah no, this a chapter now. how do i proceed in the same chapter from that?" A new chapter lets me play with little time skips/jumps/whatever it's called. I felt this short section really did need it's own chapter.

Second chapter after I change the rating to T over on AO3 and we're seeing drastic changes in the story. This is also the closest we'll be getting to , and there's nothing of substance really here.

Usual broadcasting will continue as normal next update. Thank you for your attention. (Also, yes, Vernon is still being dense. This boy, seriously.)