Twenty Eight

Apple Initials and Thumbprint Soulmates

Chapter contains discussions of and stuff like that.

Seungkwan looked down at the sheet of paper he was holding while he waited for an explanation from Vernon. It had "Gay " written across the top in English, as well as a bunch of URLs and what Seungkwan assumed was explanations of each site.

"I didn't put that there," Vernon stated.

Seungkwan scanned the page, looking for anything he understood. One of them was apparently "realistic gay ". Before he could get much further than that, Vernon snatched it out of his hands and stormed out of the room. Seungkwan heard Joshua laugh a few seconds later. Less than a minute later Vernon came back into his room.

"It was Joshua. He moved it there knowing you haven't finished reading all the stuff on soulmates I got from the specialist. He said it's important to talk about early on in the relationship. Mum gave it to me weeks ago so she was sure I could find stuff out about gay if I got curious. It was back when she thought we were dating, just after Josha and Junghan met," Vernon explained as he sat in his bed.

Seungkwan got up and closed the door, then sat down again next to Vernon. "Maybe we should talk about it. We're teenagers - who knows when we're going to decide it's a good idea in the spur of the moment."

Vernon nodded. "Sure. But where do we start?" Vernon looked down at the page. Seungkwan took it out of his hands and placed it on the bed behind them.

"Who's going to bottom the first time?" Seungkwan suggested.

Vernon looked at him, confused.

"Who's going to, you know, get the in their butthole?" Seungkwan knew he probably should've been more delicate with it, but that's what it was, and sometimes things get done quicker if you don't beat around the bush.

Vernon made a noise of understanding and turned red. "Whenever I've, uh, you know, thought about it - like, us doing it - I imagine that as you." Vernon was so uncomfortable that Seungkwan cringed internally.

"OK, I'm fine with that. See, we've saved ourselves the confusion of who's going inside who."

"Doesn't it hurt, though?" Vernon asked.

"That's what I've heard."

Vernon looked horrified. "Then I'll bottom! I don't want to hurt you."

Seungkwan sighed. "It'll be even worse for you than it will for me."

Vernon's eyebrows furrowed. "What do you mean?"

Seungkwan shook his head, poor Vernon really knew nothing. "Have you ever yourself?" Vernon shook his head. "I have and even though I haven't had anything bigger than my own fingers up there, the feeling wouldn't be as foreign to me as it would to you - a boy who's never been curious about the pleasures of the prostate. I'll be able to relax easier. It'll also help because I know where my prostate is."

Vernon looked like was staring off into space for a few moments before he cleared his throat. "Maybe we should ask for the house alone while we discuss this. Just in case we get sidetracked."

Seungkwan giggled, noticing the bulge in Vernon's lap. "You were imagining it, weren't you? Me, with my fingers up my bum."

Vernon wrinkled up his nose. "It was hot until you put it like that. Give me a bit to calm down before I go ask my mum if everyone can leave."

"We don't have to talk about it further than this, if you don't want to. Not right now," Seungkwan offered.

Vernon gave him an unimpressed look. "I promised mum we wouldn't do anything more than kiss while my little sister's in the house. I remember you teasing me about giving me s all week."

Seungkwan shifted. He had been teasing and making comments, but more because he liked Vernon's reactions than having intentions of doing it. He told the slightly younger boy so.

Vernon deflated. "Oh. Well, we can make out? Use tongue, touch each other's chests and stomachs."

"I'm sorry," Seungkwan apologised. "I shouldn't have said things just to get a reaction I liked out of you."

Vernon shrugged halfheartedly. "It's fine, I shouldn't have expected you to be serious about it so early into the relationship."

"Go ask your mum to give us the house alone. Now, please." Vernon started protesting about his . "I'm sure she's seen you with a enough to not care, at this point. I'm not against jerking you off - I've fantasised about doing a lot more."

At this, Vernon practically jumped up and bolted out his bedroom door. Seungkwan stayed on Vernon's bed; he wouldn't help or understand much, so he didn't see the point in following.

"Everyone's going to be gone in a couple minutes," Vernon announced when he came back to his room. "Mum says we can have the house until eleven, if you'd like to stay over? You can borrow my clothes, and she'll leave money so we can order takeaway, and you can use my toothbrush if you want. Will you stay the night?"

Seungkwan considered it. It was already around six, and Vernon would let him use his clothes and toothbrush, which meant he didn't have to worry about those. He had his phone and Vernon's charger worked with it. And, he'd get a few hours alone with Vernon as boyfriends for the first time.

"We're allowed to sleep in here together - she thought we were dating since I started high school, you know. Before you even told them you were gay in kind of low quality English. And we can do whatever between seven thirty and ten tomorrow morning because my family's going to markets or something."

Vernon looked so excited that even if Seungkwan did want to say no he couldn't have. "Yeah, I'll stay over. Make out with my boyfriend, eat some pizza, maybe jerk each other off when we get uncomfortably hard. It'll be nice." Seungkwan pulled out his phone to text Mrs Kim to let her know he'd be at Vernon's for the night.

Vernon sat down next to Seungkwan. "They just left, I heard the car leave." Seungkwan flung his phone onto Vernon's pillow before climbing onto Vernon's lap, straddling his thighs, and kissing Vernon's neck. Vernon's breathing stuttered. "Seungkwan, we don't have to get to this straight away. We can-"

Seungkwan pulled away from Vernon's neck and moved to Vernon's mouth. Vernon pulled away. "Seungkwan, stop. I don't want to be this kind of couple. We're still best friends, can we just hang out for a bit? We have hours until they get back."

"Can we do this, then hang out? We haven't really made out yet." Seungkwan had been fantasizing about making out with Vernon for years. They had the rest of their lives to hang out, only a couple more of being hot blooded youngsters.

"Seungkwan, we've been boyfriends for a week. I don't want to rush anything."

Seungkwan rolled his hips, he wanted to make out damn it! "You were the one who wanted a earlier! Now that I want to make out it's 'too fast'?" Seungkwan protested.

Vernon placed his hands on Seungkwan's hips. "Is this because of the thing? Are you trying to make up for it?"

Seungkwan shook his head. "This is because I want to. I have a hot boyfriend and we're alone. I'm a teenager, sue me."

"You're pretty hot yourself, Kwannie. You sure this isn't about that, at all? You said something about jerking each other off earlier, too." Vernon leaned in and kissed Seungkwan's cheek.

Seungkwan huffed. "I'm sure I'm not trying to make it up to you or anything. I wasn't serious about it when I was making comments, but I really wouldn't mind having Vernon Jr in my hand, watching you squirm as I you off."

Vernon took a deep breath and let it out slowly. It was obvious Vernon Jr liked the idea, at least. He took another deep breath before shaking his head. "I don't want to rush things. I don't want to accept things from you if I'm not willing to return the favour, and the thought of touching you like that freaks me the out. We can make out, then put on the next High School Musical movie, though. If you want."

Seungkwan did want. He attacked Vernon's mouth, not even caring if he was doing the right thing with his tongue. Apparently he was because Vernon started and moving his hips after only a few seconds. God, this was great. This must be why we have tongues, Seungkwan thought to himself.

It wasn't long, maybe twenty minutes, before Vernon moved Seungkwan off of him. Seungkwan pouted at him, and he shot Seungkwan a sheepish smile. "I need to get these in the wash and have a quick shower or something."

Oh. Seungkwan sat up straight, feeling proud. Vernon had came. ed in his pants, because of himSeungkwan had caused that.

Vernon stood up, got a pair of underwear, clothes to sleep in, and his towel, and left for the bathroom. "Feel free to finish yourself off while I'm in the shower!" he threw over his shoulder.

Seungkwan was quite close, too. How he'd managed to outlast Vernon he'd never know. So, he took Vernon up on his offer and reached a hand down into his pants, letting thoughts of Vernon showering fill his mind.

Vernon came back a few minutes after Seungkwan had finished, a ball of dirty clothes in his hands, and hair wet. "Come on, we should go order dinner now. You want a second go at making out while we wait?"

Seungkwan trailed after Vernon as they walked to the laundry for Vernon to put his clothes in the washing machine. "Of course I do, just tell me when you can't last any longer - don't want to have you in the shower again," Seungkwan teased.

 

 

***

 

 

"You got him to come three times?" Jihoon cackled. "Damn, Boo, that's impressive."

Seungkwan ducked his head. "Jihoon, it isn't really. And I didn't get him to, he just did. We've both just been tightly wound lately."

It was Tuesday morning, Jihoon's first shift at the cafe since things had happened on Friday night. Seungkwan had just recounted the events of his and Vernon's first sleepover as boyfriends.

"He didn't just e spontaneously. It happened because he was making out with you, and probably imagined you on his bed ing," Jihoon told Seungkwan, while he sprayed a table to wipe it down. "And nothing like that's happened since? Just barely kissing with tongue?"

Seungkwan nodded. He and Vernon had been kind of cuddly, but otherwise like they'd been around two months ago. He hadn't realised how much like boyfriends they'd been for the past few years.

"He's even calmed down on being super couple-y, and we've got pretty much my ideal relationship."

Jihoon made a contemplative noise. "Maybe he thinks he overstepped boundaries or something? You said he humped your leg at one point. Maybe he feels like s dog?" Seungkwan rolled his eyes at Jihoon's attempt at a joke. "Fine, serious, I get it. Have you talked about it?"

They had talked about it, over pizza while they watched High School Musical: Senior Year. They agreed it was nice, and that they'd definitely like to make out and after again sometime. Rutting into each was also something they'd agreed was good.

"We talked about it, agreed it was nice, and decided we didn't want to be one of those couples who seemed to solely exist for ual pleasure."

Jihoon snorted as he moved onto the next table. "If all I ever hear from you is about , like whenever Junghan talks, I'll make sure to let you know. Do you think Vernon genuinely has feelings for you, yet?"

Seungkwan was undecided about that. "I don't really care anymore; the soulmate bond will take care of it. I'm just going to enjoy our relationship, and him caring about me enough to even pretend he likes me back, if that's what he's doing."

Jihoon made his way to the employee room behind the counter to put the spray and wipe away. "I think I might have to have a chat with him," he said when he came back and started organising the cash register. "See if he really likes you. I don't want to put up with you crying and being heartbroken if he doesn't actually and gets bored of playing pretend."

That sounded like a bad idea. "You like to act all prickly, but you're actually a big softy," Seungkwan cajoled. Maybe teasing would get Jihoon's mind off Vernon. Seungkwan didn't want to bring up him not believing Vernon really liked him with Vernon, not when they'd been acting like they had.

"I'm sick of having you in here, crying and getting snot everywhere, because of him. If he weren't your soulmate, I'd tell you to just forget him because he's such an to you. But he is, so maybe he'll grow out of it?"

Seungkwan bristled. "It mainly used to be when he said something that broke my fantasy of him liking me back. The rest of the time it was because I played with his feelings and found out I didn't the reality of him feeling what I thought I wanted him to, like when I got you to help get him jealous. I came crying to you, leaving out details, so I could have someone feel sorry for me and take responsibility off myself."

Jihoon started laughing. "You've finally realised! Good for you, Boo." He went back into the employee room and came out with a broom. "Now, make yourself useful and sweep. The boss said if you're here when it's not open yet you better be doing something."

Seungkwan hopped of the counter and grabbed the broom. "Fine," he grumbled. "But, I never really thought about you guys having a boss. I've never seen him."

"He's in the employee room right now, going over finances. He's also the guy that cooks everything."

"I'd better be getting money for this," Seungkwan whined.

Jihoon shrugged. "Take it up with the boss, you're technically doing Seungcheol's job right now."

Seungkwan dropped the broom and marched to the employee room. The door was open, and he could see someone haunched over a laptop. "Excuse me." The man hummed. "I'm doing one of your employee's jobs and I'd like to be compensated."

The man laughed and turned around. Wow, that was a lot of ear piercings. "Compensated for what? You can still gossip to Jihoon about your boyfriend, you aren't losing time. But I'll let you have a free muffin or something. Run along, I'm busy," the man dismissed him.

Seungkwan opened his mouth to protest, but the man cocked an eyebrow. It looked like it had a scar running through it.

"You never had an issue with the whole group coming early, why just me?"

The man grinned. "You're lazy and don't do things unless you want to. Except for that, you remind me of me when I was younger. You need a work ethic instilled into you. Why not start now?" The man waved him off lazily and turned around again.

Seungkwan stomped back to Jihoon. The nerve of that man, he didn't even know him! Seungkwan wasn't like anybody, he was an individual!

"I see you met Kibum."

Seungkwan huffed as he picked the broom up off the floor and started sweeping. "The nerve of that man! He says I'm like him when he was younger. How does he know me, hmm? I've never met him before in my life!"

Jihoon cackled. "You're so loud, Boo. He hears everything, and is always asking me to tell him what happened since you last came here early complaining. He likes you, finds you entertaining."

Seungkwan probably should've felt embarrassed a man he'd never met had heard everything he'd ever whined about to Jihoon. Everything he'd ever divulged to the elder boy.

Honestly, he was more angry at Jihoon for never telling him his boss was in the building.

 

 

==========

A/N:

This chapter wanted to be a little bit more explicit, but I reigned it in. Save anything more for later. Congratulations to anyone who guessed about the sheet of paper correctly. I don't have anything else to say, really.

 

Finally the cafe owner makes an appearance. (It's SHINee's Key, my ult bias, in case my description wasn't clear and you care.) He won't be a character with much of a role in the story, I just wanted a boss/owner figure for the cafe, and to give him a face.