Baby's First Pokémon

PokéDrabbles

Baby's First Pokémon
 


“Did you know about this?”

“No, I met him the same time you did…”

“He didn’t ever happen to mention that he was rich, did he?”

“Not that I remember.”

Sungjong and Sungyeol whisper to each other as they follow Myungsoo into a mansion. They’re supposed to be visiting Myungsoo’s home in Johto for a small relaxing vacation, but they never expected him to be rich. It was a little weird boarding a ferry off the coast of Johto and sailing to an island but they figured he probably just lives in a fishing village with lots of Magikarp. But no – he takes them on a ferry then onto a bus that travels through the fishing villages and up a mountain to a mansion.

Acres of private land owned by Myungsoo. And it’s even weirder when a butler greets them immediately, hugging Myungsoo and then running off to prepare a dinner with the rest of the staff. A staff – Myungsoo has a staff.

Sungjong’s eyes widen as they enter the foyer, the high ceilings and crystal chandeliers looking all but extravagant. “I’m so confused,” he whispers. “I swear when we met that Myungsoo was just a traveling bumpkin with lots of Eevees… He couldn’t even navigate a map.”

Sungyeol tilts his head back to stare at an enormous portrait of Myungsoo as a child. He has black hair in the painting. “Maybe he had never gone off this island before… and maybe that’s why he never learned to read a map.”

“This keeps getting crazier and crazier, I must be tripping.”

Myungsoo stops in the middle of the foyer, his cheap clothes and ruffled hair not matching the fancy décor. “Welcome to my home! We can rest here for a week or so before heading to Kanto. What do you guys think?”

Sungjong gives him this weird look where only one of his eyes are big and confused and Sungyeol just looks concerned. “Well…” Sungyeol murmurs. “This isn’t exactly the kind of home we expected you to live in…”

“Yeah, it’s a little fancy.” Myungsoo scratches the back of his blond hair sheepishly. “To be honest, I don’t really remember how to live this kind of lifestyle. You can let your Pokémon out of their balls, by the way – my home is very Pokémon friendly.”

They all release their Pokémon and watch as they all scurry away in curiosity.

“You left all of this?” Sungjong asks, examining the wall to floor length portraits of him and his Pokémon.

“Got bored and wanted some adventure,” Myungsoo admitted. “I never really regretted leaving.” He wraps his arms around Sungyeol’s waist from behind and kisses his ear. “Besides, if I never left I would’ve never gotten to meet you.”

Sungjong rolls his eyes as Sungyeol giggles. “Now’s not the time to get corny, babe,” he whispers. “Maybe later.”

“I’ll hold you to that promise.”

“Hey!” Sungjong calls out, pointing at one of the larger paintings at the end of the foyer. “Is that you as a baby?”

Myungsoo flushes red as Sungyeol snickers at the larger than life painting of Myungsoo crawling in diapers. “Let’s not look at that because I do not need either of you to see me in diapers,” he says, trying to redirect them away. He pushes them into a room on the side.

“Okay, literally what the heck, Myungsoo,” Sungjong utters as he walks in, gaping at the spacious room. “This room must cost more than my home.”

“Please, it’s just a tea room.”

Sungjong rubs his eyes fervently and mutters, “Oh my Arceus, you are a rich kid. I’m not hallucinating. Do you have any food, I’m feeling faint.”

“Of course, let me get one of the butlers to get you a snack.” Myungsoo presses a button on the wall next to him and it summons a butler in with a tray of cheese and crackers.

“You have a butler holding cheese for you on standby. I must be dreaming.”

Sungyeol laughs as he sits down on the plush sofa. “It’s such a nice place – there must have been something you regret leaving behind.”

“Not really.” Myungsoo shrugs as he sits down next to Sungyeol. “I was never fond of the fancy clothes or all the proper manners I had to live by. The first chance I got, I chopped off my hair, dyed it blond and took the first ferry to the Johto mainland.”

“So what made you want to be an Eevee breeder?” Sungyeol asks, his eyes distracted by the fancy room around him (were those solid gold plates hanging from the walls?!)

Myungsoo’s eyes shoot open like he remembers something important. “Oh! My first Pokémon!”

Sungjong looks up from the tray of cheese and crackers, looking interested. “You mean your first Pokémon wasn’t an Eevee? I always assumed it was.”

“Nope,” Myungsoo replies. “And if I have to pick something I regret leaving behind, it’s definitely my first Pokémon. I wonder if he ever evolved…”

“What Pokémon was it?” Sungyeol asks.

As soon as he finishes asking his question, they can hear the squeaks and sounds of a few Pokémon growing closer. The sounds grow louder and suddenly a little blue mouse Pokémon comes running into the room being chased by Sungyeol’s Raichu.

“Raichu!” Sungyeol exclaims, scooping up his Pokémon. “Don’t chase other Pokémon like that!”

But Myungsoo’s face lights up like a carnival as he stands up and the blue mouse runs into his arms. “Azurill!” he exclaims. “I didn’t know you were still here!” The Azurill immediately brightens as he cuddles into Myungsoo’s arms and Myungsoo laughs happily. “And you’re still a baby! You haven’t evolved at all! Did you recognize me with my blond hair? Of course you did – you came right to me!”

Sungjong plunks down next to Sungyeol and whispers, “Is that an Azurill…”

“Yes.”

“His first Pokémon was a water mouse?”

“Yep.”

“And he didn’t evolve it. Myungsoo, the Eevee breeder, who can evolve hundreds of Eevees because he’s a great trainer, has a baby Azurill.”

“Yeah.”

“I can’t believe this, I just can’t.”

Myungsoo scurries over to them excitedly. “Guys, meet Azurill! He’s my first Pokémon and I’ve had him ever since I was three! He was my best friend for ages.”

Sungyeol smiles and pets the Azurill’s head who makes sounds of happiness. Raichu leans over and squeaks cutely as it rubs its nose against Azurill’s face.

“Sungyeol, look! Our Pokémon are compatible like we are! I knew I was right to have you as my boyfriend, it is destiny.” Myungsoo is getting cheesy again and maybe it’s just the nostalgia of his old home that makes him like this. Sungyeol just shakes his head and kisses his boyfriend’s cheek because the corniness will probably wear off in an hour or so after Myungsoo has gotten used to the environment.

But Sungjong stands up and stuffs his face with more cheese and crackers. “Of course its destiny… of course your Pokémon are compatible…” He looks up at the young butler who seems startled by his intense eye contact. “Hey,” Sungjong asks, “you got any salami to go with this?”

“O-Of course, sir!” the butler exclaims and then scurries off to retrieve salami.

“Wow, Sungjong,” Sungyeol teases, “that butler is cute. And he seems so shy around you. Maybe he likes you.”

Sungjong rolls his eyes and laughs mockingly. “Unfortunately, our Pokémon probably aren’t compatible, so we’re clearly not a destined match.”

Myungsoo flushes.


 

a.n. -- 

basically, myungsoo is secretly some rich kid and becomes a cute patootie when he's back home. some short myungyeol for you all :3 bb myungsoo + bb azurill = super cute

hope you enjoy! stay tuned for more updates! ^^

pokemon referenced

magikarp -- eevee -- azurill -- raichu

 

-- quinnie -- 
ask.fm twitter