Elite Forretress

PokéDrabbles

Elite Forretress
( + note: takes place in the future )

 


Myungsoo gives Sungyeol the biggest kiss in the world and smiles up at him in admiration. “You’re going to do great, baby! I know you’re going to impress those trainers with all your skills!”

Sungyeol grins and blushes. “Myungsoo, these are the Elite Four – I couldn’t possibly impress them.”

“Well, you must think you can,” Sungjong cuts in, snickering, “if you’re challenging them all to a battle. But you’re a great trainer now, Yeol! You’ve got all the gym badges from the all the Johto gyms so I know you’re going to go in there and slay! I know that you’ll emerge the champion!”

Sungyeol’s eyes twinkle with hope and ambition. “I really hope I can do it. Just imagine it – Lee Sungyeol, the champion of Johto!”

“I know you’re going to earn that title for sure!” Myungsoo nods. “You’re the greatest trainer in the region and soon everyone will know.”

“I was wondering if I should have just entered into the Johto League like everybody else but… I figure that this is the better way for me to fight. Just four people versus me.”

“Five,” Sungjong corrects. “After you defeat the Elite Four, you’ll have to battle the champion in the end for their title. I heard this champion is also the champion and Kanto and Sinnoh… can you believe that?”

“I can’t,” Sungyeol gulps nervously. “And it’s kind of scary… but after training with Sunggyu for a couple of months, I feel ready to challenge them!”

Myungsoo grins at him and lands on last giant kiss on his cheek. “Okay, we’ll leave you alone to register. We’ll watch you from the viewing rooms above! You’ve refilled all your potions and status healers, right?”

“I did.” Sungyeol nods.

Sungjong hi-fives him as he leaves to challenge the Elite Four. There would be no going back out afterwards. From here on out, it would just be him and his team of Pokémon.

“Knock ’em dead, Yeol!” Sungjong cries enthusiastically. “If I can win the Grand Festival, you can beat the Elite Four!”

Sungyeol thanks his friends one last time before heading through the large, embossed doors.

 

 

 

The first room he enters is dark with glowing purple streaks running through the walls. What a room to have a battle in. A slim figure stands in the center of the room, waiting for him to approach.

Gulping, Sungyeol musters up all of his confidence and strides up to the first member of the Elite Four – a petite girl with a cute smile but a sharp gaze.

“You must be a new challenger,” she says, smiling. “We’ve been waiting for someone worthy to challenge us.”

Sungyeol’s eyes widen. “You’ve… you’ve heard of me?”

“Oh, of course. You’ve made a bit of a name for yourself, Lee Sungyeol. You’ve managed to collect all eight Johto gym badges within a year and a half. We all know about you. And the champion is looking forward to fighting you.”

Smiling sheepishly, Sungyeol replies, “I hope my skills will be able to back up my reputation.”

The girl smiles back at him and nods. “I hope so too. But let’s find out! Before you can get to the other members of the Elite Four, you have to defeat me first!”

Sungyeol feels his mouth set into his confident grin as his fingers curl around his first Pokéball. “Then let’s officially start – I, Sungyeol, challenge the first member of the Elite Four, Kei!”

Kei grins as she giggles and tosses her first Pokéball up into the air gracefully. “I accept!”

Sungyeol throws his own Pokémon out at the same and narrows his eyes as his Luxray pops out. It is time to focus and battle as hard as he could. But when Kei’s Forretress appears, the gears in Sungyeol’s head come to a halt.

“Surprised?” she giggles. “I train poison types.”

Poison and electric types aren’t very effective against each other. And if he’s an electric trainer while she’s a poison trainer, this battle would end up lasting a while. Gritting his teeth, he mentally prepares himself for the worst and takes a deep breath.

Kei is watching him carefully, waiting for him to make a move.

“Luxray, use Crunch!”

“Forretress, Protect!”

“What?!” Sungyeol exclaims in surprise as Luxray’s move doesn’t affect Kei’s Forretress. “But Crunch has a one hundred percent accuracy rate!”

“Nothing will work on Forretress so long as he’s using Protect,” Kei giggles. “Would you like to forfeit already?”

“No!” Sungyeol exclaims, clenching his fists. He wasn’t about to let her have an advantage over him. “I’m going to see this through with Luxray!”

“I knew a trainer with a reputation such as yours would never give up.” Kei smiles, her grin sweet but her gaze menacing. “Go on then.”

With a smirk, Sungyeol calls out, “Luxray, use Roar!”

Kei’s eyes widen as Luxray lets out a ferocious roar and Forretress is thrown back. Before she can react, another Pokéball of hers is opened up and her Venomoth is dragged out to battle instead.

“Sneaky,” she murmurs, “but well played.”

Sungyeol stands up a little straighter and relaxes his shoulders. “Now let’s begin.”

 

 

 

“He’s so hot when he’s focused,” Myungsoo drawls, watching his boyfriend battle. “Kei is already on her last Pokémon and Sungyeol has only switched out his Luxray for Pachirisu.”

Sungjong nods. “He’s an impressive trainer, I’ll give him that. Those months spent training with Sunggyu and Woohyun really paid off!”

“Oh, look he switched out Pachirisu for Raichu!”

“He’s going to win for sure,” Sungjong muses. “Raichu has leveled up so much during these last few months. He’s arguably Sungyeol’s strongest Pokémon next to Ampharos. He’s looking to end the battle quickly.”

“Forretress’ defense might be high, but Raichu’s attack stats are even higher.”

Their predictions prove to be right as Sungyeol wins the battle as well as the privilege to move onward to the next member of the Elite Four. The battle had been difficult and taxing but it had ultimately paid off.

Myungsoo and Sungjong move to the next arena and watch intently as Sungyeol introduces himself to the second member of the Elite Four – a man named Joon who trained dark types.


 

 

 

a.n.--

special guest kei!! the first member of the elite four, trainer of poison types!
and lee joon is the second member who trains dark types ohohohoho i'll write about that battle later tho ehehe 
probably after a few more chapters

can you guess who the last two members of the elite four are and what types they'll be using?? or who the champion is??

also sorry for no updating for two months lol ; i got a job and ive been working to update other stories!! ^^ but i hope you like it!! i think i'm
going to be making yeol vs the elite 4 it's own sort of arc lol

also do you guys hate fighting the elite four as much as i do ? bc it's so cool but its like so stressful. to this day i still haven't
gotten past the elite four. i hate it like omg the last time i got past them, i forgot i had to fight the champion and it's like 
i have no pp or hp left how do i even defeat cynthia.

anyways hope you enjoyed! <333

pokemon referenced

luxray -- forretress -- venomoth -- pachirisu -- raichu -- ampharos

-- quinnie -- 
ask.fm || twitter