Land vs Seadra

PokéDrabbles

Land vs Seadra

 


“No no, I’m telling you – Seadra is the best way to go.”

“What? A Seadra is tiny.”

“They are not, they are 3’11” and they would be perfect!” Myungsoo reasons.

Sungjong rolls his eyes. “Please, the best way to travel is by Kangaskhan. They’re totally bigger and there pouches are probably warmer. Why would you want to travel by Seadra?”

“To travel across the ocean!” Myungsoo says like it’s obvious. “There’s nothing to block you in the ocean. Using surf is clearly the best way to travel.”

“The best if you’re into random water Pokémon attacking you. Land is the best way to go ’cause you can avoid Pokémon really easily on land.”

“I still think Seadra is the best way to go.” Myungsoo crosses his arms defiantly, refusing to move from his spot.

He and Sungjong are waiting outside a store, waiting for Sungyeol who was purchasing a berry pot and stocking up on Pokéballs. Sungyeol is taking a while with his buying and Myungsoo and Sungjong had started talking. It somehow ended up leading to their current argument. Many passersby would surely think that they’re having a stupid argument but the two are so heated on this topic that they don’t even care.

“Kangaskhan’s pouch can keep you warm. Seadra can’t keep you warm at night. Especially in the ocean – you’ll freeze.”

“I won’t freeze because I won’t even travel long enough for night to fall. Seadra will get me across the water faster than any Kangaskhan could take you across land. I’m telling you, Seadra is how we should travel across the Junto waters. Then we travel along the coast to get to Kanto. Easy as pie.”

“First of all, pie is really hard to make. There are like two baking processes and you have to make sure all your fats are cold before making the dough – my point is! Seadra traveling isn’t going to be the best. Traveling by Kangaskhan pouch is a better choice by far.”

Myungsoo scoffed. “Okay – delusional much?”

With a drop of his jaw, Sungjong’s eyebrows furrowed. “How dare you call me delusional! You rude motherfu– Sungyeol! Your boyfriend is bullying me!”

Sungyeol steps out of the store with a confused and concerned look on his face. He didn’t expect to be walking into a fight. “Huh?”

“I’m not being a bully, I’m being realistic,” Myungsoo says, looping his arms around Sungyeol’s waist. “You believe me, don’t you babe?”

“I what?”

Sungjong exclaimed, “Hey, no fair! You can’t use your position as his boyfriend to your advantage! That’s totally cheating. Besides, Sungyeol would believe me – we’ve been best friends since birth.”

“No you haven’t, you were born in the Sinnoh region and Sungyeol was born in the Kanto region.” Myungsoo peers at him haughtily over Sungyeol’s shoulder.

Sungyeol stammers, “Okay, uh – I’m not sure what’s going on here, but I think you both need to calm down.”

“I will not calm down until you tell that heathen that he’s wrong!” Sungjong exclaims. “And that I’m right! Right? You’ve known me longer than Myungsoo, you know I’m always right, Yeol.”

Myungsoo narrows his eyes. “Whoa there pipsqueak, only I get to call him Yeol.”

“Pipsqueak? I’m taller than you.”

“You’re just salty because you train psychic types and every psychic trainer is salty.”

“Guys.”

“Excuse me?! I will have you know that psychic Pokémon are way out of your league! Your Espeon would do so much better if you just trained her right!”

“Hey, Sungjong, don’t–”

“Excuse you, my Espeon is perfectly fine! And at least I can train other types and be a great, well rounded, trainer!”

“Myungsoo, babe, that’s–”

“Oh yeah – a great, well rounded, trainer. Makes complete sense since you’ve never won a gym battle.”

“You take that back.”

“Make me, you blondie.”

“You brat.”

“Guys!” Myungsoo and Sungjong both turn their heads to stare at Sungyeol, who looks beyond frustrated and annoyed. “Both of you need to cut it out. Neither of you are better than the other, okay? There was no need for either of you to take things that far.”

“He started it,” Sungjong murmurs. “He called me delusional.”

Myungsoo scoffs and rolls and his eyes. “Well, I wouldn’t need to call you delusional if you were right. But you were wrong, so.”

“And riding a Seadra isn’t delusional? Please, you just want to ride off into the sunset with you Sungyeol, don’t you?” Sungjong says with a sneer.

“Do not!” Myungsoo retorts as he flushes pink.

“You’re so transparent.”

“Okay, okay, okay,” Sungyeol repeated. “Stop it before you two get into another stupid argument. What’s this fight even about?”

“A Kangaskhan versus a Seadra,” Myungsoo states.

Sungyeol’s eyebrows furrow as he says, “Excuse me? A Kangaskhan and a Seadra?”

“Yes,” Sungjong replies. “More specifically, whether it would be easier to get from Junto to Kanto by water on a Seadra’s back or by land in a Kangaskhan’s pouch.”

“I’m saying that Seadras would be easier–”

“–and I’m saying that Kangaskhans are the better option.”

“You be the third vote,” Myungsoo says. “How do you want to get to Kanto – land or sea? What do you say?”

Sungyeol laughs and shakes his head. “I say you’re both idiots.”

“What?”

“We’re not traveling to Kanto by land nor sea.”

“Then what,” Sungjong asks, “we’re walking? We have to get there for my next Pokémon contest and walking takes too long. That’s why we’re deciding between land and sea, remember?”

“No you fools, we’re flying.”

“…what?”

“Remember that Gliscor I caught a couple months ago? I taught him how to use fly last week. We’re flying to Kanto by Gliscor.”

Sungjong and Myungsoo both flush intensely. They had never felt so dumb for fighting.

“Oh.”


 

 

a.n. -- 

hello hello im back with a really stupid short drabble lol also did you guys know that i love gliscor?? i think he's adorable honestly 

also! shoutout to that person on ask who sent me this -- 

i'm a kangaskhan and she was a seadra :)) so this one's for you, anon lol 
also if you guys would tell me which pokemon you are, let me know in the comments below!! it might help me come up with some more stories and drabbles and who knows, your pokemon might be the featured ones!! the real question is will they be good for making puns

anyhow, thanks for reading :) 

pokemon referenced

seadra -- kangaskhan -- espeon -- gliscor

-- quinnie -- 
ask.fm twitter