Heart Swap

PokéDrabbles

Heart Swap


 

“…It’s not dead is it?”

“No, no – it’s alive. It’s got a pulse.”

Myungsoo, Sungyeol and Sungjong had been traveling along the coast of the Sinnoh region, enjoying the sound of the ocean and the freshness of the breezes. But their relaxation was cut short when they saw a small blue Pokémon washed up on the shore, unconscious. But being so kind by nature, Myungsoo had immediately taken the Pokémon into his arms and began caring for it.

“What kind of Pokémon is it?” Sungyeol asks. His Shinx is hovering over the blue Pokémon that rests in Myungsoo’s arms precariously, looking concerned.

Sungjong takes out his Pokédex and widens his eyes as he sees the information pop up on his screen. “It’s a Manaphy!”

“Manaphy?!” Myungsoo exclaims. “But I thought Manaphy was a myth!”

“Clearly not,” Sungyeol says, petting the Manaphy’s head. “It looks exhausted – what could have happened?”

Myungsoo checks Manaphy’s pulse again and feels its forehead for any sickness. After a few more checks on Manaphy’s body he says, “Poison. It looks like it was hit by a Tentacruel or something. Do any of you guys have Pecha berries?”

“I don’t have a Pecha berry,” Sungjong says, reaching into his bag, “but I have a lava cookie. That might help with the poison.”

“It will, but it’s not enough,” Myungsoo says worriedly.

But he crushes up the lava cookie with some water to make it drinkable and pours it slowly into Manaphy’s mouth. Struggling, the Manaphy’s opens its eyes and whimpers. It snuggles

“Definitely not enough,” Myungsoo murmurs. “Sungjong, do me a favor? Do you think you could scavenger the area for any Pecha berries? They’ll be pink and soft to the touch.”

“I’m on it,” Sungjong says, standing up and scurrying away.

“I wish I could do something to help,” Sungyeol murmurs, “but I’m fresh out of Pecha berries and poison healers from the last battle we were in. I knew we should have stocked up Pastoria City…”

Myungsoo only smiles at him. “Nothing to dwell on now, baby. But Shinx is doing a great job of supporting Manaphy!” he says, running his fingers through Shinx’s fur. “You’re a good boy, Shinx!”

Shinx grins and makes a sound of proud happiness. Smiling down at Manaphy, Shinx its head, hoping to cheer it up.

“Shinx seems to take a liking to Manaphy despite being an electric Pokémon!” Sungyeol giggles, petting his Shinx. “And Manaphy seems to appreciate the encouragement!”

Manaphy smiles despite looking exhausted and starts glowing.

 

 

 

 

“Myungsoo! I found the Pecha berries – what.”

When Sungjong comes back to the spot where he had left his friends on the beach, he’s greeted with the sight of Myungsoo and Sungyeol yelling at each other. But unlike other times when they yell at each other in anger, they’re yelling in panic. Manaphy is laying on the sand, smiling with Shinx standing over it in confusion.

“Myungsoo…?”

“Sungjong help us! It’s a disaster!”

And in that moment Sungjong thinks he must have eaten something weird or have been hallucinating because he hears Myungsoo’s voice and it’s coming out of Sungyeol’s mouth.

“…What?!”

Myungsoo is panicking, running his hands through his blond hair and when he speaks, Sungyeol’s voice comes out of his mouth. “I don’t know what happened! Manaphy started glowing and all of a sudden we switched bodies! I was looking at myself!”

They switched bodies. Of all the disastrous things that could have happened during Sungjong’s absence, they switched bodies.

“Sungjong, what do we do?!”

“I can’t stay in Myungsoo’s body – it’ll be too weird kissing myself!”

“It’s really difficult balancing in Sungyeol’s body, you know?! His proportions are really weird!”

“Sungjong, help us – what happened?!”

Sungjong takes out his Pokédex and stares at it before concluding that Manaphy had probably used its special move called Heart Swap. With a sigh, he says, “I don’t know what to do – I’ve never had experience with a legendary Pokémon before.”

Sungyeol (or is it really Myungsoo?) replies, “All right. For now, let’s just heal Manaphy of poisoning.”

Together they mash up the Pecha berries into a paste for easy consumption and feed it to Manaphy. Before long, Manaphy is looking brighter and happier than ever and Shinx looks amazed by its recovery. Myungsoo (or wait, was it Sungyeol?) was petting Shinx gently, whispering to it how proud he was of him.

As Manaphy starts floating in the air, it makes a few squeaks of joy and dances around. Though the circumstances are a little weird, they all smile at it and are momentarily stunned by the presence of a real legendary Pokémon.

Manaphy jumps around and lands on Shinx’s back, petting him like it has seen Sungyeol and Myungsoo do. Then it floats back up into the air, grins, glows and then disappears back into the ocean.

“That was crazy.”

Sungjong lets out a breath of relief because it’s Sungyeol’s voice coming out of Sungyeol’s mouth. 


 

 

a.n. --

literally no idea where this came from lol but it was lots of fun to write. and to that person who wanted the trio to help out a legendary pokemon :D here it is!!! 
more legendary pokemon might come in the future but for now it's manaphy bc i just watched temple of the sea lmao

pokemon referenced

manaphy -- shinx -- tentacruel

 

also wtf shinx and manaphy's antenna and tail match up, that's adorable 

-- quinnie -- 
ask.fm twitter