You Plusle Me

PokéDrabbles

You Plusle Me
( note : this takes place before myungsoo and sungyeol are dating )

 


“C’mon, Glaceon – you can do it!”

Sungyeol bites his nails nervously, gripping onto Sungjong’s arm. “They’re both on their last Pokémon…”

“Stressful, isn’t it?” Sungjong murmurs as his eyes focus on the battle in front of him. “I’m not sure if he’s going to win.”

“He has to,” Sungyeol replies softly. “He has to – he’s been training so hard for this badge.”

“But Glaceon looks so tuckered out. I don’t know if she’s going to make it through the battle.” The younger shakes his head.

The two of them are sitting on the edge of the battlefield, watching as Myungsoo battles Hoya – a gym leader. Hoya trains all sort of Pokémon, but the single thing they have in common is that they’re all also normal types. It doesn’t seem like much, but Hoya proves to be a very difficult gym leader as he is determined and tactful. Sungyeol has challenged him the other day and beaten him, receiving a gym badge in return. Today, Myungsoo challenges him but he’s not doing as well. Myungsoo’s Umbreon is swiftly taken out by Hoya’s Primeape. And the Espeon he brings out later is knocked out as well. As the battle continues, they both end up down to their last Pokémon, but Myungsoo is at a sore disadvantage. His Glaceon is up against Hoya’s Growlithe. Hoya’s fire type was too powerful for his ice Pokémon.

“Let’s go Growlithe!” Hoya shouts. “Use retaliate!” Growlithe lets out a growl and charges at Glaceon.

“Glaceon, dodge it!” Myungsoo exclaims, holding his breath as his Pokémon can barely hop out of the way. Glaceon seems to be low on health and Myungsoo is out of potions and berries. “Glaceon, use ice shard! You can do it!”

And Glaceon tries all her might to forms sharp shards of ice, but they’re melted in seconds as soon Hoya shouts of the command for Growlithe to attack with flame wheel. Myungsoo lets out a cry of distress as Growlithe rams into Glaceon ferociously.

Myungsoo screams, “Glaceon!” As soon as the referee declares that Glaceon is unable to battle and Hoya the winner, Myungsoo runs towards the ice Pokémon as fast as he can, cradling the whimpering Glaceon in his arms. “You did great,” he whispers, “I’m sorry I pushed you so hard.”

Sungyeol and Sungjong gape from the sidelines in shock as Myungsoo returns Glaceon to her Pokéball and trudges toward them in defeat.

 

 

 

“Hello, I’m nurse Dongwoo!” says the grinning man behind the counter. “Welcome to the Pokémon Center. Would you like to heal your Pokémon?”

“Yes, please,” Myungsoo murmurs, handing him his Pokéballs.

Dongwoo smiles at him and takes the balls carefully. “I’ll take your Pokémon – please wait a couple moments.”

“Okay,” the other replies, scratching the back of his blond hair.

Dongwoo disappears into the back and Sungjong whispers to Sungyeol that he’s going to boot up a PC to transfer some Pokémon to someone. So Sungyeol is left alone with Myungsoo and he’s kind of unsure of what to do or say. He’s not that great at cheering people up, let alone this guy that joined their team two months ago. But Myungsoo looks so devastated right now and Sungyeol really wants to close the distance between them to hug him or something, but he feels too shy to do it so abruptly. So he gets another idea instead.

Myungsoo doesn’t seem to notice the sound of a Pokéball popping open. He feels so down that he didn’t defeat this gym leader; that he was so close to getting that gym badge but it still slipped away from him. And he feels worse that his two other comrades have already received the badge but because of his loss, they’ll have to stay in town a little longer.

It’s not until he feels a tug on the hem of his pants that he snaps out of his daze and looks down. Tugging at his pants is a little Plusle – Sungyeol’s Plusle. And Myungsoo picks Plusle up and watches in amusement as it starts to wiggle around in his arms like a dance. Plusle lets out a couple squeaks of what sounds like encouragement and waves his little arms into the air.

It’s not much but Myungsoo still feels better. He hugs the Plusle close and pets the fur on its head. He smiles a little bit too and his ears perk up when he hears Sungyeol speak.

“Plusle really likes to cheer for other people so I figured he could cheer you up a little.”

Myungsoo grins at him, his dimples appearing. “Thanks,” he said. “It made me feel better.”

“Yeah,” Sungyeol continues, scratching the nape of his neck awkwardly. “Uh, I wanted to tell you to take your time training your Pokémon here. We’ll stay in the town until you can get your gym badge.”

“Thanks, Sungyeol,” Myungsoo replies gratefully. “And thanks again for having me on your team. I’m glad we met.”

Sungyeol smiles sheepishly. “Me too. I’m sure if we train a couple days, you’ll be able to defeat Hoya easily. After all, you’re the best Eevee trainer I know.”

Before Myungsoo can thank him again, Dongwoo comes back with his Pokéballs. “Here are your Pokémon – all healed and ready to go! I happened to hear your conversation and let me give you a piece of advice – Hoya’s Pokémon aren’t very good at adapting to stat changes. I saw that you have an Espeon. Train her enough to teach her hypnosis and you can put his Pokémon to sleep.” Dongwoo grinned at him. “He was never really great at dealing with hypnosis during battle. But you didn’t hear it from me, okay?”

Myungsoo and Sungyeol grinned at him and both thanked him. As Dongwoo left again to help another trainer, Myungsoo the Plusle in his arms warmly and said, “You’ll train with me, right? Help me level up my Espeon?”

“Of course!” Sungyeol exclaims brightly. “It’ll be just you plus me training together.”

“I think you mean you plusle me.”

“Myungsoo, did you just–”

“It’s a pun!”

“Sorry, I can’t train with you anymore, that pun was too awful.”

“Oh, come on!”


 

 

 

a.n. -- 

if you couldn't tell already, blondsoo is an eevee breeder/trainer so most of his pokemon are eeveelutions X] hope youre all enjoying! im going to begin to introduce yadong and woogyu soon :)

pokemon referenced

glaceon --- growlithe --- primeape --- espeon --- plusle

 

 -- quinnie -- 
ask.fm twitter