Haunter House

PokéDrabbles

Haunter House


 

“Pichu! Pichu if you don’t come out of there right this moment I will have to take drastic measures with you! Pichu!”

Hoya chuckles. “Calm down, Dongwoo. I’m sure Pichu couldn’t have gotten far.”

Dongwoo runs a hand through his bubble gum hair and heaves a sigh. “I just don’t understand. Pichu is usually so calm, what made him run off like that? He’s never the ring leader of the babies.”

“Maybe he felt like he didn’t want to take orders anymore…?” Hoya tries to suggest, but laughs at it. They’re just babies, they couldn’t possibly think of rebellion yet.

Dongwoo shiver. “Well, either way I need to bring him back. Now where did he run off to?”

When it came around to nap time with the little baby Pokémon, Pichu is usually the Pokémon to fall asleep the quickest. But today for reasons unfathomable to Dongwoo, Pichu had stayed awake while the other babies slept and ran out. And he ran out to the forest where and into abandoned mansion that Dongwoo is fifty percent sure is haunted with ghost Pokémon. He can’t bring himself to go in past those dark, unhinged doors, but if he must, he will.

Aipom is searching at the ground, trying to help Hoya and Dongwoo track where Pichu is. Hoya had nearly ran over when Dongwoo had called him for help. Aipom knows that Hoya likes Dongwoo a lot, so he doesn’t question his trainer when he rushes over.

Aipom spots some tiny foot prints and starts pointing towards a direction.

“It looks like he found Pichu!” Hoya exclaims happily. “We’ll have to go inside the mansion now, though.”

Dongwoo swallows visibly and grips Hoya’s sleeve (and Hoya blushes). “Okay, but you have to stay right by my side – is that clear?”

“Crystal,” Hoya murmurs, poking out his tongue to his dry lips.

He lets himself get dragged into the mansion by Dongwoo, which is only a little awkward since Dongwoo is cowering behind him at the same time. They’re following Aipom closely, watching the quick turns he makes. Well, Hoya is watching the quick turns he makes because Dongwoo’s eyes are shut closed and his face is buried in Hoya’s shoulder. He feels a little sorry because Dongwoo whimpers every time he hears the floorboards creak under their feet.

“Do you see any ghosts?” he whispers out forcibly. “I’m sorry, I hate ghost Pokémon. They terrify me.”

“Why?” Hoya asks, trying to ease the tension. “They’re usually harmless.”

Dongwoo bites out a chuckle. “A Gengar attacked me with scary face once when I was a kid. Long story short – I hate ghosts.” He peeks up from Hoya’s shoulder. “Any sign of Pichu?”

“Not that Aipom has seen yet,” Hoya murmurs. “Maybe if you called out to Pichu, he’ll respond?”

Dongwoo nods and barely peeks over Hoya’s shoulders as he hisses out, “Pichu! Pichu, it’s me Dongwoo – come out please! We need to get back to the daycare!”

It’s very quiet in the mansion, but after a few moments of silence they can hear Pichu squeaking somewhere down the hall. Dongwoo pushes Hoya forward and rushes towards the Pichu. He plans to just grab the baby Pokémon and bolt from this ghost mansion with Hoya in tow. But that plans proves to be harder to perform than expected because Pichu is playing with a Haunter. The pre-evolution of Gengar.

“Uh oh.” Dongwoo’s voice is raspy, like he can’t the voice in him.

“Is this the Pokémon that scares you the most?” Hoya asks him in a whisper.

“Yeah.”

“Do you want me to handle this?”

“Please.”

“Okay.” Hoya nods and signals at his Aipom, who comes bounding to his side. “Don’t worry, Dongwoo – I got this.”

Dongwoo nods and takes a step back, trying to ignore the fact that Pichu is playing with a Haunter. If only if were some other Pokémon, he would be okay. But of course it has to be a ghost Pokémon.

“Aipom!” Hoya calls out, “Hit Haunter with an astonish!”

Aipom delivers out the move swiftly on the Haunter. Pichu looks confused and Haunter looks just as confused as well. Haunter is taken back and shakes itself to regain its balance. But since the Haunter is a particularly low level, Hoya finds it appropriate to only capture it in a Pokéball instead of taking it out.

He throws a Pokéball directly at Haunter, who’s still a little too disoriented to do much. Haunter is captured within seconds and Dongwoo lets out a breath of ease.

“Pichu,” he calls to the baby, relaxing as it comes running towards him. “I was so worried about you! Never run off like that again, do you understand?” Pichu purrs a response and looks back at Hoya, who is picking up the Pokéball.

“Looks like Pichu and Haunter were becoming friends,” Hoya chuckles. “Maybe you can care for Haunter at your daycare as well.” Hoya pops the Pokéball open and Haunter bursts out, looking at Dongwoo curiously. “Besides, he looks pretty friendly, right?” Haunter nods enthusiastically.

Dongwoo looks at Hoya like he’s crazy. But Pichu nuzzles into Dongwoo’s cheeks and he considers it an option.

Maybe he’ll be able to get over his fear of ghosts. Besides, Haunter is kind of cute for a ghost.


 

 

a.n.--

some short and sweet yadong for you all :3 
i think haunters are super cute so it'd be a great pokemon to get over a fear of ghosts with imo LOL

hope you all enjoyed! :) now if y'all dont mind, i'm off to play some smash 4. do any of you guys play? i like to main roy, ike and shulk lmaOOO who do you guys like to play?

pokemon referenced

pichu -- aipom -- gengar -- haunter

-- quinnie -- 
ask.fm || twitter
 

-