Draggin' Tails

PokéDrabbles

Draggin' Tails

 


Myungsoo, Sungyeol and Sungjong are tired. They have been traveling for nearly four days straight and they are kind of hungry but they really just want to get through the routes and to the next town. They were so eager to leave the last town that they had forgotten to stock up on supplies. Half of Sungyeol’s Pokémon have fainted, Sungjong’s Pokémon are weak and Myungsoo is all out of healing potions and berries. They’re kind of in a pickle and after battling their way through numerous wild Pokémon and trainers just to get through a forest, they’re hoping they don’t run into anyone else.

But it’s just their luck that there’s someone sleeping in the middle of road in broad daylight, blocking their path. The guy’s arm is draped over his eyes as he rests his head on what looks like his bag. The loud snores coming from him say that he’s probably been in a deep sleep for a while.

“Are you serious?” Sungjong groans. “I’m not in the mood for a battle.”

“He needs to wake up to get out of our way.” Sungyeol sighs and pulls out a Pokéball of his. “Okay, Ampharos – wake up that trainer with a gentle discharge, please.”

Ampharos pops out of her ball and stumbles a little. Sungyeol feels bad for making his weak Pokémon perform, but until he gets to a Pokémon center, he doesn’t have a choice. But as Ampharos charges up her electricity, there’s a sudden burst. And now, in front of the sleeping trainer was a Garchomp, his arms raised in defense.

“What?!” Sungjong nearly shrieks. “Now there’s a Pokémon?! Can’t we just get through this route in peace before I tear someone else to pieces?!”

The Garchomp lets out a protective noise and the napping trainer finally starts stirring. He stretches his arms far above his head and yawns. “What is it, Garchomp?” he asks. “Is something there?”

“Uh, hi,” Myungsoo starts, sounding awkward. “We just wanted to get through to the next city. And I guess this is your Garchomp…”

“Oh yes,” the trainer says as he begins to get up. “I often take naps wherever I stand so my Pokémon have always got my back – making sure that nothing attacks me while I sleep. You can return, Garchomp. They’re just a couple of trainers – no threat.”

Garchomp grunts in some sort of agreement as he disappears back into the trainer’s ball. Now that the trainer is standing tall, his auburn hair is distinguishable and he smiles at them. “So – where are you guys headed?”

“Just to the next town,” Sungyeol replies. “We’ve been battling for days and we need to get to a Pokémon center.”

The trainer laughs and exclaims, “You’re in luck! I happen to know the nurse in the next town. I’d gladly be your if you like.”

“That would be awesome!” Sungjong agrees, rushing to his side with Myungsoo and Sungyeol close in tow.

Myungsoo nods his head as Sungyeol says, “Yeah, it would be great if you could lead us there. My name is Sungyeol, by the way. This is Myungsoo and this is Sungjong.” He gestures to his comrades respectively.

“Nice to meet you,” the trainer says. He grins brightly and sticks out his hand, “My name is Sunggyu. I’m also the gym leader of the next town over.”

“Wow, really? What kind of Pokémon do you train?” Sungyeol asks enthusiastically.

There’s another burst open of a Pokéball and then there is a Dratini curled around Sunggyu’s neck. He pats Dratini’s head affectionately and responds, “Dragons.”

Sungyeol’s face lights up in excitement. “Dragons?! You train dragon types? I love dragon types!”

“Oh, really?”

“Yeah, but I train electric types. I love them both.”

“Do you? In that case, I have the perfect story to tell on the way to the next town. You’ve heard of Zapdos, right…?”

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo knows he shouldn’t be jealous. He knows that it’s kind of pointless to think that his own boyfriend would prefer some dragon type gym leader over him. He knows that Sungyeol likes him so why does he feel so irritated whenever Sunggyu’s puts his hand on Sungyeol’s shoulder?

He’s grateful for the guide, of course. But ever since they agreed to let him lead, Sunggyu had gotten into a detailed story about how he encountered a Zapdos. And knowing Sungyeol, he would get terribly focused on any story about electric Pokémon.

Myungsoo sighs as he trudges along behind the chattering duo. The words of their conversation hitting his ears dully.

“Hey.” He looks up and finds Sungjong staring at him, the judgment in his face painfully apparent. “You know you look ridiculous, right?”

“I know,” Myungsoo groans. He’s semi-aware about how he looks like a jealous little kid. “But it’s just–!”

“Just nothing,” Sungjong finishes. “Because if it was really something, then you and Sungyeol wouldn’t even be together, you catch my drift?”

“I know,” Myungsoo grumbles. “I’m just being really unreasonable.”

“Damn right you are. So instead of dragging your tail like some sad little puppy, go and get Sungyeol’s attention.” Sungjong rolls his eyes as he hugs his Abra close to his body. “I swear, without me here, you two would have never even said you liked each other. You’re both literally so irritating.”


 

a.n. --

just something very short and fun bc i wanted it lol. the title is a word play on 'dragon tales' lol but hello to sunggyu the dragon type training gym leader :) i bet none of you will guess what woohyun will be introduced as haha also isn't the image of gyu as a dragon trainer with a dratini draped around his neck cute? i think it'd be ultra cute. 

pokemon referenced

ampharos -- garchomp -- dratini -- zapdos -- abra

-- quinnie -- 

ask.fm twitter