Happiny Holidays

PokéDrabbles

Happiny Holidays
( +note: takes place wayyy in the future )

 

 


“Sunggyu, hurry up! We don’t want to be late!”

“Yeah, okay. You try lugging up a giant sack of gifts up a hill.”

Woohyun laughs as he smacks Sunggyu’s back affectionately. “It’s not my fault Myungsoo lives on a mountain! C’mon, you’ve carried them this far – you can totally make it up.”

“This is ridiculous,” Sunggyu whines. “What kind of kid lives on a mountain? Isn’t he a breeder?”

“Yeah, but he’s a rich kid,” Woohyun clarifies. “His family owns, like, a huge TV show franchise.” He looks up and thinks. “And a network for that matter too…”

Sunggyu’s eyebrows shoot up as he heaves a couple more steps forward. “Really? What franchise is that? And what network for that matter?”

“I think it’s the main television network that’s live from Goldenrod City. And the big show they produce is some universe with futuristic Pokémon. A lot of kids watch it – Digimon or something, I don’t know.”

“What is a Digimon?”

“It’s like… a digital Pokémon? I’m not too sure.”

Sunggyu scoffs laughably. “Digital Pokémon? That sounds ridiculous.”

“Oh hush, it’s super popular with children. And it’s pretty interesting, I guess.”

“Woohyun, you don’t watch Digimon, do you?”

Woohyun turns bright red and snaps, “No! I do not! Gosh, I can’t believe you’d assume that. Control your trainer, Dratini.”

Dratini lets out a high pitched rumbling giggle as she settles down around Sunggyu’s neck. She nuzzles her nose into the opening of Sunggyu’s shirt to keep warm in the frosty weather. There is a fine sheet of snow covering the ground and tufts of snow falling from the skies. It’s a beautiful wonderland, especially near the seas of Johto which is where Myungsoo lives. Winter is beautiful on this island but Sunggyu’s dragon Pokémon hate the cold.

“Sometimes I think Dratini controls me more than I control her,” Sunggyu jokes. He turns his head to leave a quick kiss on Dratini’s head. “I spoil Dratini so much.”

“I spoil my Vulpix so much also,” Woohyun giggles. He looks down at his Vulpix, whose head is poking out of his winter jacket. The laugh Woohyun lets out released white puffs of smoke from his mouth and Vulpix reaches up to try and bite at it. “She’s my pride and joy.”

“I thought I was your pride and joy,” Sunggyu says teasingly.

“Well, you can be my pride and joy when I can enter you into a contest. Until then, you’re just my boyfriend.” Woohyun leans up and presses a kiss to Sunggyu’s pink, frigid cheeks.

 

 

 

 

“Hey guys, welcome!” Sungjong says excitedly as he opens the door. He doles out hugs to Sunggyu and Woohyun as they enter and them down the extravagantly decorated foyer. There are lots of twinkling lights draping the halls, along with tinsel and mistletoe.

“Ah, my little protégé!” Woohyun says excitedly as he hugs Sungjong back. “How are the contests going?”

“They’re going great! I’m preparing for one in a month.”

Sunggyu grins at him. “Oh, how exciting! All the luck to you then!”

“Thanks you! Let me get that bag of presents for you, Sunggyu. You guys can leave your coats and shoes by the door. Don’t worry about them at all. And also, lets your Pokémon out to roam around the mansion.”

Sunggyu’s eyes widen. “Just let them run free? Around this expensive place?”

Sungjong laughs and adjusts the pair of reindeer antlers on his head. “Yeah, don’t worry about it. All of our Pokémon are running around and playing right now.” He’s interrupted as Azurill runs through the foyer with Raichu on its heels.

Woohyun and Sunggyu let their Pokémon out of their balls excitedly and watch happily as they run about the mansion. Sunggyu puts an arm around Woohyun’s waist and they follow Sungjong down the foyer. “So where are Myungsoo and Sungyeol?”

“In the party room just chilling by the Christmas tree and fire. There are a couple Pokémon just hanging out in there too.”

“Sounds lovely,” Woohyun sighs happily. As Sungjong opens the door, the warmth of the room embraces them.

“Oh, hey guys!” Sungyeol sits up from the floor, where he’s lying on Myungsoo’s lap. “So glad you’re here!”

Myungsoo smiles at them and waves a little with his fingers as he brings a glass of cider up to his lips. “Come join us – there are snacks next to the tree.”

Sungjong’s butler boyfriend is sitting on a sofa next to the tree and raises a hand in greeting. Sungjong plunks down next to him as he puts an arm around Sungjong’s shoulder.

“Still not used to it…” Myungsoo murmurs.

Sungyeol rolls his eyes. “Oh come on, Soo, it’s been so long since they’ve been dating.”

“It’s still weird to me. Maybe it’s because he’s been my butler for so long and I’ve been friends with Sungjong for so long…” He shrugs. “Oh well.”

“Sorry for the awkwardness, boss,” his butler said cheekily, petting the Mudkip on his lap. “But thanks for being cool with it.”

“Don’t you worry about it,” Sungyeol winks. “I’ll make sure he becomes convinced in no time.”

Myungsoo smiles at his boyfriend and plants a kiss on his cheek. “I’m totally okay with that.”

“Gross, guys,” Sunggyu teases as he sits down with Woohyun by his side. “Anyways when are Dongwoo and Hoya coming?”

“In a bit,” Sungyeol responds. “Dongwoo has to secure the daycare and Hoya wants to make sure he gets here safe.”

“He’s escorting him, basically,” Sungjong supplies. “Cute, am I right?”

“I hope they get married soon,” Woohyun says as he stands up. He touches a few of the red, shiny bulbs dangling from the brightly lit tree. “Oh wow, are these made from apricorns?”

Myungsoo grins. “Yeah! They’re a custom set my parents bought from this old craftsman. They’re pretty, aren’t they? I can ask the same craftsman if you guys want a custom set too.”

Woohyun smiles at him and responds, “Oh, that sounds so nice. Sunggyu, do you think we should get a custom set for our tree?”

“If you want to,” Sunggyu replies. He takes a flute of cider offered by Myungsoo and sips it. “I think it would look really nice.”  

“He’s getting me a custom pink set,” Sungyeol says proudly as he leans over to peck kisses all over Myungsoo’s face. “Isn’t he the sweetest?”

Sungjong is about to say something to interrupt them but then his Abra bursts into the room, chasing a Cubone. “Cubone? Oh, that must mean Dongwoo and Hoya are here.”

“Here we are!” Dongwoo says as he enters the room grandly. There’s a pink Happiny on his back, carrying a gift where her egg normally is. “Sorry we’re a little late, but we had to catch a certain Pokémon,” he says, casting a side glance at Happiny who laughs.

Hoya enters a moment after, wearing a Santa hat and carrying a giant sack of presents over his shoulder. “Ho, ho, ho – Merry Christmas my fellow trainers!”

“Are you supposed to be Santa Clause?” Myungsoo asks with a stifled laugh.

“Of course not, I’m HoHoHoya.”

Dongwoo shakes his head as Happiny hops down from his back and starts playing with Hoya’s Aipom. “He’s been waiting to use that line the whole time we were traveling here.”

“Well, now that you’re here we can get dinner started,” Sungjong announces. “It’s going to be great since my boyfriend made it.”

None of them are surprised when he brings out a cheese platter and some crackers as an appetizer.

 

 

 

 

“Pachirisu, slow down,” Sungyeol whines. He wants to get up and tell his Pachirisu to stop running around the room, but he’s too full and sleepy to do anything. He’s lying in Myungsoo’s tiredly and Myungsoo is constantly threading his fingers through his hair. He feels like he can definitely fall asleep to this.

“She’s too excited,” Myungsoo chuckles. “Her present is a whole basket of her favorite flavored poffins from Woohyun, after all.”

“Such a nice gift.” Sungyeol grins. “Does your Umbreon like the new bed I got her?”

“She loves it,” Myungsoo reassures. He bends down to kiss Sungyeol’s forehead and pulls away laughing because he hears some sort of glass shattering in the next room over. It’s followed by an anxious shout from Dongwoo who’s immediately scolding his Happiny.

Sungyeol giggles as Myungsoo pulls a blanket over his body. Letting out a yawn, he murmurs, “Who needs kids when you have all these Pokémon, right?”

The fingers in his hair suddenly stop and he can feel Myungsoo tense against him. “But babe… I want kids.”

“Oh my goodness, Myungsoo – we’re not even married.”

“But when we do get married we have to adopt. I want to raise a baby with you.”

“Isn’t raising Pokémon together enough?”

“But how are we supposed to pass down our traditions? And wouldn’t you want to see the face on our future baby when he or she gets their first Pokémon?”

Sungyeol leans up and kisses his boyfriend to shut him up. His boyfriend is too sweet and kind. And of course he wants a future with Myungsoo – but right now he just wants to lay in his lap and feel his fingers through his hair.

 

 

 

 

“Are you warm enough?” Hoya asks as he sits down on the floor next to Dongwoo. He puts an arm around Dongwoo’s shoulder despite being in front of the fire.

Dongwoo kisses the hand on his shoulder. “Warm enough when you’re around.” Cubone lays against his chest, sleeping peacefully.

“Good,” Hoya replies, grinning. He presses a kiss onto Dongwoo’s cheek. “I’m so glad to be spending our Christmas together.”

“Me too,” Dongwoo whispers. He brushes his bubblegum pink hair behind his ear and hugs Cubone close to him. “I hope you like the fire stone I got for Growlithe. You might be able to evolve him into an Arcanine soon.”

“It’s exciting,” Hoya agrees. He chuckles as Cubone shifts in his sleep. Hoya pets the quiet Pokemon’s head. “I have a gift for you, too.”

Dongwoo’s face smiles in confusion and says, “Me? I thought we all agreed just to get presents for the Pokémon?”

“I got one for you though.” Hoya’s grin is bright and Dongwoo feels enamored. He pulls a small gift box from behind him.

Dongwoo’s eyes light up as he takes the little box from Hoya’s hand gingerly. He unwraps the silky ribbons and unwraps the festive paper neatly, catching the excited sparkle in Hoya’s eyes. As he opens the box he gasps in delight.

“You got me a necklace?” he says, a delighted squeal in his voice. It’s a gold chain with a few pendants hanging from it. There’s a gold H and gold D and a black pair of bones dangling from the chain.

“H for me, D for you and the bones are for Cubone,” Hoya says excitedly. “And you can even collect more charms to represent more Pokémon as time goes on.”

Dongwoo throws his arms around Hoya’s neck and brings him into a kiss. “I love it, Hoya! This is so adorable – thank you so much!” He kisses him again and again. “I love you!”

“I love you too,” Hoya says with a grin. “Happy Holidays, baby.”

Dongwoo laughs as he tackles Hoya to the floor in excitement. He wakes up Cubone, who rubs his eyes sleepily. Happiny is jumping around them excitedly as well.

“Happy Holidays,” Dongwoo whispers. He spots Happiny out of the corner of his eye and he giggles out, “Happiny Holidays, Hoya.”

“Babe, that was almost worse than HoHoHoya.”

“Oh hush, you.”

 

 

 

 

“It’s so cold out here!” Woohyun exclaims as he and Sunggyu step out into the snow. Vulpix is enthralled, immediately running out to play in the snow with Sunggyu’s Dratini. Dratini might hate the cold, but she really likes playing with Vulpix more.

“Yeah, but the snow is beautiful though,” Sunggyu says, taking Woohyun’s hand into his own. They’re bundled up in their scarves and thick coats, but the cold is still biting at their faces.

Woohyun casts him a sideways glance. “What did you want to come out in the snow for? Everyone else is inside.”

Sunggyu laughs, his breath puffing out into the air frostily. “I thought it was only appropriate.” He holds both of Woohyun’s hands in front of him and swings them together.

“Appropriate for what?” Woohyun asks confusedly.

“Well, since I met you in an ice cave I thought it would be perfect to do this in the snow.”

“Sunggyu, I’m confused. Do what?”

Sunggyu kisses the back of Woohyun’s hands. “We’ve been dating for a really long time now. And I mean a really long time and I’ve loved every second of it.”

Woohyun chuckles, his breath puffing out like smoke in the air. “Sunggyu, what’re you–”

“I’m in love with you, my Pokémon are in love with you and I can’t find a single reason as to why I shouldn’t spend the rest of my life with you. And so… I’ve been wanting to ask you a really important question.”

Woohyun’s eyes widen as he watches Sunggyu fall down to one knee and pull a small jewelry box out of his pocket. Tears well up into Woohyun’s eyes as he lets out an elated cry of happiness and covers his mouth when the box opens to reveal a ring.


 

 

a.n. -- 

merry christmas, happy holidays! :D /or should i say happiny holidays, hmmmm/ ok my titles are so lame but in my defense, y'all should see how they title the actual pokemon episodes lol also hey guys if you want bittersweet christmas feels i have a bittersweet oneshot B) it's not exclusively christmas but y'all should read it bc i'm super proud of it <3 clickity here

but merry, merry christmas guys! :D i hope you guys spend it with your loved ones and i hope you all have a great time :)) and also sorry for this long christmas special but i hope you find it cute!! it's not really on the current timeline that i've been currently writing, instead it's way in the future. i really hope you like it!! ^^ also literally so many pokemon referenced loool

pokemon referenced

vulpix -- dratini --  azurill -- raichu -- mudkip -- abra -- cubone -- happiny -- growlithe -- pachirisu -- umbreon

anyways, happy holidays!! :D hope you all have a great one! xD 

 

-- quinnie -- 
ask.fm || twitter