Iggly, Jiggly, Wiggly

PokéDrabbles

Iggly, Jiggly, Wiggly
 


Sungyeol stares at the little pink ball of fluff in Myungsoo’s outstretched hands. Myungsoo looks all too proud of himself as he stares at Sungyeol expectantly to take whatever he’s holding out. And Sungyeol understands that it’s a gift but the small, pink Pokémon in Myungsoo’s hands is just not his type of Pokémon. 

“Myungsoo.”

“Mm-hm?”

“…What is this?”

“It’s for you!

“I know but… you know I train electric types, right?” Sungyeol looks at him because maybe he had been confused about the fact that Sungyeol trained a specific type…

“Yeah, I know!” Myungsoo states happily, ing his arms forward once more. “C’mon, hold him! It was so hard keeping him a secret. Especially when we were traveling Cherrygrove Town. He wanted to come out, since the smell of flowers was so nice.” The little pink ball squeaks happily. “See! He likes you! Just hold him.”

Sungyeol can hear Sungjong snickering behind him. He casts a hesitant glance to the Pachirisu resting on his shoulder. Pachirisu gives him a tiny shrug as if she doesn’t know what to do either. “Okay, Myungsoo – I train electric Pokémon.”  

“Yeah, but remember how you said pink was your favorite color? I traded him after we stopped at Goldenrod City. Here, take him! He’s my gift for you!”

Sungjong’s snickering is so loud and Sungyeol can even hear his Chimecho chiming in small giggles. But Sungyeol knows that it’s rude to not accept the little guy because Myungsoo seems like he had put in loads of work into getting and hiding it. And Myungsoo is a very kind and caring boyfriend. So reluctantly, he takes the tiny ball of pink into his hands and it looks immediately happy. He can’t tell if the Pokémon or Myungsoo is happier at the action though.

“Sweet Arceus, this is too good,” Sungjong giggles, hiding his grin behind his hand as Sungyeol turns to glare at him. The Chimecho floating besides Sungjong head jingles.

Myungsoo disregards it and pets the pink animal in Sungyeol’s hands. “See? Igglybuff totally likes you.”

Sungyeol can’t agree more when Igglybuff jumps from his arms and bounces on the ground. He feels a little awkward as Igglybuff latches onto the leg of his pants and hangs there, squeaking in happiness.

“Okay, um… what do you expect me to do with him?” Sungyeol asks, looking directly at Myungsoo as he shakes his leg a little.

Myungsoo shrugs, running a hand through that pretty blond hair of his. “Train him, I guess? It doesn’t really matter. He can just be your companion – he doesn’t need to battle or anything.”

“All right then…” Sungyeol mutters, shaking his leg a little harder. He can already imagine Sungjong’s smug face as he happily blabs to the world that Sungyeol has an Igglybuff even though he trains electric types!

Myungsoo picks up his Umbreon and sets it on his shoulder as he reaches into his sack. He pulls out a Pokéball and tosses it at Sungyeol, who catches it with ease. “Here’s Igglybuff’s ball. You know, he’s really soft and I’m sure if you evolve him into a Jigglypuff, you can use him as a pillow and he’ll sing you to sleep. And hey – I’m pretty sure if you evolve him into a Wigglytuff, you’ll be able to fight really well with him.”

“Yeah that’s great – uh, so is he going to get off my leg, or…?” Igglybuff looks up at him with its red eyes and makes a cute noise that even Sungyeol’s heart kind of melts at. But the little pink tuft just clings to his pants and climbs up so that it rests on his hip. “So you’re not going to get off me.”  

“Nah, he didn’t really like hanging out in the ball – too curious for that. He’ll probably hang around you a lot.”

Wonderful.”

Sungjong steps up finally and brushes away the last of his laughter. “All right, well as lovely as this exchange was, we better set up camp for the night. Myungsoo, if you can get Flareon to make a fire, that’d be great.”

“Can do!” He reaches into his bag again and retrieves another Pokémon of which his Flareon comes out of.

After giving a command to use ember, Myungsoo turns to Sungyeol and kisses his cheek happily, like he’s thanking him for accepting his gift. Igglybuff coos on Sungyeol’s hip and Myungsoo bends down to pat its head warmly. For a moment Sungyeol wonders if Myungsoo really likes baby Pokémon.

“Take care of him really well, okay?”

Sungyeol just nods and smiles at his boyfriend, the tiny tuft of fur atop the Igglybuff’s head. “I will. Don’t worry.”

 

 

 

 

As he lies in sleeping bag, Sungyeol can feel Igglybuff moving around in his sleeping bag, the tiny Pokémon poking out and curling up to his neck. Sungyeol smiles and brings Pachirisu to other side of Igglybuff so that they can all stay warm together.

Maybe he could get used to this cute little puffball. 


 

 

a.n. -- 
in which soo gives his boyfriend yeol an igglybuff even tho yeol is an electric type trainer. lol! hope you're all enjoying :)) myungyeoljong are a trio traveling the regions together :) shoutout to hoang for this idea!

pokemon referenced;

igglybuff --- pachirisu --- chimecho --- umbreon --- flareon

-- quinnie --
ask.fm twitter