CHAPTER 7

EXILE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun closed the heavy wooden door and sighed heavily. He took a look at himself as he passed by a mirror hanging on the wall. He picked one of the grapes from the table and popped it into his mouth. Feeling exhausted, he threw himself onto the bed. It had been some time since he had felt something so soft.

            It was so quiet in the city now that there isn’t one machine left. All that clanking of metal and hissing of steams disappeared all in one day. Somehow, Baekhyun missed those noises. They made him felt more belonged. And without it, he felt a sense of loneliness deep down in his heart. But when he saw Minseok and the others with their bright smiles plastered over their faces, he smiled along with them. He did share the victory after all.

            A knock on the door interrupted his thoughts. He didn’t expect to see Minseok at this time of the day. But nevertheless, it brought a smile upon his face.

            “Hey umm,” Minseok started rather shyly, “Do you wanna…hang out?”

            What’s with this sudden change? Baekhyun thought. But he liked the way how Minseok scratched the back of his head whenever he’s embarrassed. He could have sworn that Minseok was even blushing.

            “I…uh…I guess…yeah, okay,” Baekhyun said as he smiled broadly. Without bothering to change, he swung his arm around Minseok’s and closed the door behind them.

 

~    ~    ~

 

            After they brought an end to the robots, it was like brand new life for them, especially for Minseok. When Minseok moved back into their old house, he noticed there were a few changes made to it. The robots must have repaired it after that war. Fortunately, some of his belongings still remained. He blew off the dust on the photo frames. He smiled as he touched Jongdae’s face in the photos. His tears fell on each of the photos, cleaning off the dust. Being back to their old home after such a long time brought back too many memories for him. He could still remember Jongdae’s face clearly when he lay in his arms, dying. If he was stronger, maybe Jongdae would have survived. And they would have returned to their old home and lived the rest of their lives happily.

            But it was not to be, Minseok sighed heavily. He put down the photo frame back onto the table. The past is in the past. Maybe it was time to move on.

            He opened the cupboard and found some of his old coats and shirts still hanging. He brushed the dust off of them. They still looked as dashing as ever. He got changed into his old shirts and put on his once favourite shoes. He pushed open the window and almost immediately, a soft breeze hit him in the face. He took in a long deep breath.

            “It’s a good day to start a new day

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter