CHAPTER 12

EXILE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Hoot…hoot…

            Minseok didn’t know that there were still animals left in this place. He thought they had extinct a long time ago. Maybe this would really be a new fresh start for the humans. Minseok shooed at the general direction. A pair of eyes flickered and the owl flew away.

            He pulled the cap closer to his eyes as he closed the front door as silently as possible. It was almost midnight. The streets were quiet and there wasn’t a single person in sight. Minseok sighed in relief. He shoved both of his hands into his pockets and started to make his way towards where the crowd had gathered just hours ago.

            The empty space in the middle of their village lay abandoned. Minseok walked over to the fountain that was no longer working. He looked in and sure enough, the remains of what’s left of Baekhyun lay there, undisturbed. Gently and softly, Minseok ran his fingers over the cold steel that was once Baekhyun’s arm. He sighed heavily.

            Baekhyun’s eyes were wide open, staring straight into Minseok’s. But there was no light, just two black holes. Minseok couldn’t help but feel that Baekhyun’s blaming him for not saving him.

            You could have saved me…

            The voice echoed in his mind. This was the second time he had failed again. Minseok couldn’t believe that he had let this happened.

            “I’m gonna make it up to you,” Minseok said, “I promised.”

            He took out the bag he had brought along and started to gather the pieces of Baekhyun’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter