CHAPTER 13

EXILE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

The blinding light was the first thing he saw when he opened his eyes. When everything came to focus, he realized the light came from his own eyes. He groaned in pain as he tried to get up.

            “You’re awake.”

            He heard a familiar voice said, but he couldn’t believe his ears.

            “Don’t move,” the voice continued, “You need to rest.”

            He turned his head slowly. A figure was starting to come into view. The blurry face gradually took shape. And the first thing he saw was his smile.

            “Min-Minseok?” Baekhyun said softly.

            “Is that really you?” his weak voice only allowed him to whisper.

            “I’m here,” Minseok replied softly, touching Baekhyun’s face.

            “You’re safe now, don’t worry,” he smiled again.

            “What- why…how?”

            “Shh…” Minseok put a finger to Baekhyun’s lip.

            “Everything’s over now,” he reassured him.

            “I thought…I thought I was gone,” Baekhyun said.

            “You were…” Minseok closed his eyes at the thought, “Until I brought you back.”

            “How did you –” Baekhyun stared down at his own body. It was brand new. The metal and steel and machines on his body had disappeared though he could hear the whirring of the clocks and gears inside.

            I have a brand new human body, Baekhyun thought, I can’t believe it!

“You…you fixed me!” Baekhyun exclaimed excitedly, “You brought me back to life!”

“It wasn’t easy,” Minseok shook his head, “I thought I’ve lost you once or twice for good.”

“But it was worth it,” he smiled at Baekhyun warmly and it made him blush.

“And I know you want to be a human as much as I want you to be,” he continued.

“What do you mean?” Baekhyun asked curiously.

Minseok brought forward a needle and showed it to Baekhyun.

“What are you go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter