CHAPTER 5

EXILE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minseok was back into the world of machines and robots. The sound of metals clanging against each other filled his ears. It reminded him of the days when he was still working here. That noise had been unbearable. And it still was.

            They have reached the bottom of the mountain. Trees, bushes and grasses stopped growing there. Minseok gaped at the sight before his eyes as they both emerged from behind the thick trees. It was not the world he had known. It was not the home he had once lived in.

            The first thing he noticed was the buildings. But rather than buildings, Minseok preferred to call them ‘big chunks of metals’ because they literally looked like huge metal boxes standing on the ground. Besides that, he could see that the whole place was being swarmed by robots and machines marching in perfect formation. He wondered just what they were doing when all they do was marched all day long.

            “Just look at all this…” Minseok gestured towards the machines, “…scraps of metals.”

            Baekhyun nodded silently. He could feel anger dripping off the words as he spoke. And he could understand just how Minseok must have felt. It was hard enough for him to come back to where he once lived. It was even harder for him to face those that had killed his lover.

            But he’s brave, Baekhyun thought as he stared at Minseok silently. For a moment there, Baekhyun didn’t even notice that he was staring at Minseok for way too long. Not until Minseok turned around and spoke suddenly, startling him.

            “What are you looking at?” Minseok raised an eyebrow at Baekhyun. Baekhyun quickly turned away and refused to meet his gaze.

            “Nothing,” Baekhyun muttered silently.

            “Come on, it’s time to move,” Minseok said as he led Baekhyun into the town full of machines roaming around.

            After a short walk towards the gate leading into the town area, Minseok stopped just in front of a patch of grass. Baekhyun nearly stumbled into Minseok when he suddenly halted his steps. Minseok tapped the stump of grass with his foot and Baekhyun heard a hollow sound coming from it. Bending down, Minseok ran through the grasses with his hand until he found the handle. He pulled at the hinge hard and lifted the door that was under the patch of grass.

            “A secret passage!” Baekhyun exclaimed in amazement.

            “Shh!” Minseok hissed as he put a finger to his lips. Baekhyun muttered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter