CHAPTER 3

EXILE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Night dawned. The dark sky was decorated with bright stars. But there was no one to admire it. Minseok lay down onto his bed on the cold hard floor with his arms behind his head. He stared up at the stone ceiling absent-mindedly. They have lost everything. After a long run, they found refuge in this cave in the mountains. The people who had survived sat together around the fire they had just made.

            He still couldn’t believe that Jongdae’s gone. He never thought he would lose him, especially in a place like this. His tears dropped before he realized it. It was too fast how all of that could happen within seconds. Minseok regretted that they couldn’t even say a proper goodbye. He regretted a lot of things. But he knew now was too late. He buried his face in his hands.

            “Minseok,” a soft voice startled him as well as a rather cold hand that touched his arm. Minseok recoiled and saw that it was the man who saved his life before, Baekhyun.

            “Oh, it…it’s you,” he said and tried to smile, “Th-thanks, you’ve saved me once again.”

            “We should all watch out for each other,” Baekhyun smiled back. But when Minseok didn’t return it, he bent down. He put his hand on Minseok’s shoulder.

            “Are you alright?”

            “Yes…I mean, no…” he stuttered, “I mean…I don’t know.”

            “I’m…sorry that you lost him. He must have been someone important to you,” Baekhyun said. Minseok nodded.

            “I was going to save him from his sickness,” he said, “And we were going to have the perfect life together.”

            “But I failed him.”

            “No, you didn’t,” Baekhyun said gently, “You survived, for him. And he would have wanted you to move on.”

            “How would you know? You don’t even know him,” Minseok sniffled.

            “Well, I just…know,” Baekhyun answered, “I can see it in his eyes.”

            Minseok lifted his head up and he came eye to eye with Baekhyun. Reaching up with his finger, Baekhyun wiped away the tears at the corner of Minseok’s eyes and put his hand on his shoulders.

            “It’s alright now…”

            His voice suddenly sounded like it came from inside of Minseok’s mind. His eyelids began to drop. He felt himself yawning. He suddenly felt very tired. He struggled to keep his eyes open but failed to do so.

            “I’m here…”

            It was the last thing he heard before he plunged into darkness and fell into a deep sleep.

 

~    ~    ~

 

“This place looks huge!”

Jongdae exclaimed, smiling widely as he admired the house. It was actually a rather small apartment. And it wasn’t even very spacious. But Jongdae loved it anyway. He spread his arms wide as he spun round and round in the empty living room.

Minseok moved closer and wrapped his arms around Jongdae’s waist from behind. He rested his chin on his shoulder and kissed his nape softly.

“I’m glad you liked it,” he breathed onto Jongdae’s neck, making him tingle from the feeling. Jongdae hugged

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter