PROLOGUE

EXILE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

White hot steam spurted out from the metal pipe, hissing loudly. The machines groaned and roared like thunder. Minseok clasped his hands on his ears tight as he tried to shut out the deafening noise. But they were there, in his head and he could never shut them out. He felt as if he would go crazy if he kept listening to them any longer.

            Feeling frustrated, Minseok swept all of his works off his work table with his hands, sending them crashing onto the floor below. Small machine prototypes fell apart as they made contact with the ground. It took Minseok days to complete those prototypes but he didn’t care if he could destroy them within seconds. He hated them. He hated his work.

           He stood up straight and took in several deep breaths. He looked around. Several robots were at their work tables, obediently typing away on their screens, completely unaware of what Minseok had just done. Or maybe they just didn’t care at all. Minseok clenched his fists and gritted his teeth.

            He hated them all his life. Before they came, his life was perfect. He had a job he loved, a perfect life and the perfect partner whom he can share his life with. He had thought it would last forever. But they had to show up and ruin his life. Minseok still remember when he had designed more than a dozen buildings and hundreds of houses, including the one he had built for him and his partner. People respected and looked up to him.

            But one day, some genius invented and created machines they called robots. Robots were very costly but still, people chose them over humans because they do not need to eat, drink or sleep. They will never grow tired. And s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter