CHAPTER 10

EXILE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The fireworks were breathtaking. To both Minseok and Baekhyun, but only in a different way. They stood at a safe distance on the hill as they watched parts of the building fell away and onto the ground below. Dust and debris filled the air. When the smoke cleared, there was nothing left of the Silver Life. Minseok quickly scanned around. The machines were nowhere to be found. He sighed in satisfaction.

            “It’s finally over this time,” Minseok smiled as he turned towards Baekhyun. He was staring at the ground and rubbing his arm nervously.

            “Baekhyun, what’s wrong?”

            Baekhyun lifted his head and realized Minseok was staring at him. He quickly put on a smile and shook his head.

            “It’s nothing.” But Minseok knew better than to believe that.

            “Now tell me,” Minseok said as he held both Baekhyun’s shoulders firmly.

            “What exactly have they done to you?”

            “They…” Baekhyun began.

            “They experimented on you, didn’t they?” Minseok stared at the machines running inside of Baekhyun’s body.

            “They wanted to make you into one of their own,” Minseok continued, touching the shiny steel that was once Baekhyun’s arm.

            “Were you in pain? How did you survive?” Minseok asked, “I wonder what was the purpose of this…”

            He trailed off into his own thoughts. Baekhyun let out a sigh. He bit his lower lip nervously before he spoke.

            “They don’t need to make me into one of their own,” Baekhyun began.

            “Because…I already am.”

            “Baek…wha-what do you mean by that?” Minseok stared at him with wide eyes.

            “Do you mean to say that you-you’re…”

            “Yes, Minseok,” Baekhyun said, his eyes drooping.

            “I am what you call…a machine.”

            Minseok gasped out loud as he took a few steps back.

            “You’ve tricked me!”

            “I thought you had it shut down forever, why is there still…”

            “I did,” Baekhyun interrupted, “All the others are gone. We’re all that’s left.”

            “And you just destroyed the last of them,” he said sadly.

            “I can’t believe you’re siding with them,” Minseok said in disbelief.

            “What am I supposed to do?” Baekhyun looked at him in the eye, “I’m one of them.”

            “Is that why they came for you?” Minseok asked.

            “I…” Baekhyun grabbed at his robotic hand nervously, “I suppose it is.”

            “We’re lost and we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter