CHAPTER 6

EXILE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minseok was almost frozen to death. It had been hours since he had been sitting there. He curled up and hugged his legs close to his chest. He couldn’t stop his lips from trembling.

            If only I could start a fire, he thought to himself.

            Could he have gotten lost? Minseok couldn’t help worrying about Baekhyun. Or worse, being caught by the robots?

            Frantically, Minseok got up and climbed the ladder. He had been waiting for too long. If Baekhyun was really kidnapped, he needed to rescue him. But just when he was about to reach the top, the metal lid opened. And there stood…

            “Baekhyun!”

            “What are you doing?”

            “Coming to rescue you,” Minseok replied, “I thought they caught you!”

            “Nah, with my skills?” Baekhyun said jokingly.

            “So, is everything taken care of?”

            “Yup,” Baekhyun winked. As if on cue, the floor trembled and the ground shook. Baekhyun had to balance himself on the ladder to prevent falling onto Minseok.

            “Earthquake?”

            “I don’t know,” Minseok shook his head. But after a few minutes, everything went still. They looked around. Dirt and debris descended from the tunnel ceiling. But the tunnel hadn’t collapse just yet.

            “Come on, we better get out of here before it collapse,” Minseok suggested and they started running back towards the entrance.

 

~    ~    ~

 

Minseok did not expect this when he opened the trapdoor into the real world. It was like a dream. Everything seemed so unreal. He blinked twice and his eyes widened. Everything was blowing up like fireworks in the sky. One by one, the metal machines and robots fell to the ground like pieces of useless metals.

            “Like how they’re supposed to be,” Minseok whispered to himself.

            “What’s happening up there?” Baekhyun asked as he tried to squeeze out of the entrance beside Minseok.

            “You did it, Baekhyun!” Minseok said happily.

            “I did?”

            “Yes! See for yourself,” Minseok said as he turned Baekhyun’s head towards the main city.

Not a robot was left standing. The ground was full of silver metal and mercury. All the machines were electrocuting and failing. Every light in the cit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter