CHAPTER 11

EXILE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“Are you sure you’ll be alright?” he said and his eyes flickered as he stared down at Minseok who smiled at him in return.

            “Thanks for saving my life.” Minseok heard himself saying.

            “What’s your name?”

            “It’s Baekhyun.”

            Before he could even wave goodbye, the scene changed. There was fire and chaos. Minseok was sitting on the ground. He looked down and realized Jongdae was in his arms, holding on to dear life.

“You could have saved me…” he whispered softly as he coughed blood. Minseok clutched Jongdae’s arm tight as tears poured down his cheeks.

“I’m so sorry, Jongdae,” he sobbed as Jongdae went still in his arms. There was a tap on his shoulder. When he turned around, he found himself looking at Baekhyun again.

“We gotta go,” he said and Minseok followed.

The next thing he knew, they were underground, travelling through the tunnel towards Silver Life. Minseok couldn’t understand why everything was happening again. Was this a dream? Why was he taking a trip down the memory lane?

He tried to pinch himself awake but nothing happened. Baekhyun went through the opening after reassuring that he would be alright. Minseok nodded and smile. Then, the scene changed and he found them seated side by side facing the sunset.

“I couldn’t repeat the same mistake twice.”

His own voice echoed in his head. Then, he leaned in and kissed Baekhyun on the lips. Something about the memory stirred something in Minseok’s heart. But he snapped himself out of it.

Baekhyun’s a machine, he’s a robot! Why would I be in love with him?

He isn’t even human, Minseok told himself.

But we do have feelings, Baekhyun’s voice echoed, and emotions.

We’re different now, he whispered.

Minseok stared longingly into the pair of flickering eyes.

We’re different now…

Suddenly, Minseok sat right up on his bed. Cold sweats broke out of his forehead and drenched the pillow. He shook his head as he pushed away the thought of the nightmare.

Then, he realized that it was a loud din that had woke him up. People were yelling outside. It sounded like a riot. It must have taken a large group to make that much noise.

Minseok wiped away his sweat, washed up and get changed. It was already noon, he realized. The sun was high up in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter