CHAPTER 9

EXILE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Ever since that night, there were no more noises of metals clanging and hinges creaking in the middle of the night. But still, Minseok could not get any sleep. It had been almost a week. And he still couldn’t find Baekhyun. There was no clue to where they had gone. And it only kept Minseok worrying.

            “What do the machines want to do with him?” Minseok thought to himself. Although there were low chances that Baekhyun might still be alive, Minseok didn’t want to give up.

            During one of the sleepless nights, Minseok lay on his bed with his eyes wide opened. He stared at the ceiling and imagined the possibilities. Dawn was about to break. Minseok rolled over and got off the bed. He grabbed his jacket and headed out of the front door.

            Minseok climbed onto the top of the hill and peered over to the City of Robots. The buildings looked old and rusty like it had been untended to for years even though Baekhyun had it shut down just weeks ago. There was not a sign of life on the ground below. No machines in sight. Minseok looked over to the highest tower where the “Silver Life” was kept.

            Minseok didn’t care if Baekhyun had shut it off. This time, he was going to blow the whole thing up. He didn’t want to risk anything anymore. They’ve cost him Jongdae. And now, they took Baekhyun too. He could never make them pay enough.

            Before the sunrise, Minseok made his way down the hill and ran towards the tower. The streets were so quiet it sent chills down his spine. Usually, he was used to the sound of metals clanging and roaming around. But now, there was nothing but silence in the air and the occasional chirping of birds from afar.

            Within minutes, he arrived at the bottom of the tower. He looked up and couldn’t see the top of it. The windows looked dark which meant it was not occupied.

            Good, Minseok thought as he went searching for a backdoor. After failing to find one, Minseok went for the route he used a while ago. The underground tunnel.

            Once again, the cold wind hit him in the face as soon as he stepped in. He closed the trap door behind him carefully and started to count the steps as he walked towards the tower.

            Without Baekhyun this time, his footsteps echoed around the tunnel, filling in the silence that was driving him mad. Minseok clutched his jacket around his arms as his shoulders trembled under it. His teeth chattered and he struggled to keep his lips together until finally he arrived at the bottom of the tower.

            He looked up at the familiar lid that Baekhyun had gone through just weeks ago. He took in a deep breath and let out a heavy sigh. He shut his eyes tight and reminded himself what he was supposed to do.

            “I’ll avenge you, Baekhyun,” he whispered down the tunnel, and Jongdae.

            Readjusting his jacket and checking the bombs attached to his belt, Minseok made his way up the ladder. He pushed open the lid as slowly and carefully as possible. He peered in through the tiny gap. It was still the same old dark storage room. His eyes scanned around fast. Nothing moved. He sighed in relief and pushed open the lid all the way.

            He hauled himself out of the opening and took in the full view of the dark room. Spider webs and dust still filled the room like the last time he had seen it. There was a door right

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter