CHAPTER 1

EXILE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day he left was when the world really ended. Or at least it did for Minseok. Just a moment before, he felt like the weight of the world had disappeared from his back. But now, his world crumbled down all around him.

            “I’m sick.”

            Jongdae needed a cure, a cure only the robots have. Minseok felt warm tears welled up in his eyes. He pulled at his hair in frustration. He pushed himself away from Jongdae.

            “Why…why didn’t you tell me this before?”

            “I thought…” Jongdae was just as near to tears, “I thought if you keep on working, we would have enough money to fix this.”

            Minseok tried to hold in his tears forcefully. He turned and held Jongdae’s shoulders firmly. He looked into Jongdae’s eyes as he shook his head slowly.

            “No, you don’t understand,” he breathed heavily, “Even if I continue to work for them, it wouldn’t be enough.”

            Jongdae looked at Minseok confusingly, “What? Why not?”

            “The truth is,” Minseok inhaled deeply, “They paid me just enough to survive, no more no less. I worked like a slave in there, Jongdae.”

            A tear trickled down Minseok’s cheek but Jongdae’s thumb was quick to stop it flowing. He touched Minseok’s cheeks gently.

            “I’m sorry,” Jongdae said softly, “I have no idea you’re suffering in there.”

            He rested his forehead against Minseok’s. They were both silent for a moment, savoring the warmth they shared in their embrace.

            “It’s ok,” Jongdae’s soft voice broke the silent, “I can survive without it.”

            Minseok looked up at him. Jongdae smiled. But it only made Minseok wanted to cry. He hated himself for not be able to do anything more for Jongdae. He bit his lower lip as he tried to swallow down his tears. They both knew better than to believe everything was going to be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter