Thursday Confession

In Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

APRIL 25, 2013 — Thursday 
DAY FIFTY-FIVE


These past weeks, I grew fonder of the boys' vibrant personalities and comforting presence, not wanting a single day to pass without visiting their dorm; it was already like a habit that I couldn't get rid off in my system. And it seemed like Subin feels the same. From our midnight snacks, video games, and constant bickering, I found it hard to imagine college life without those crazy guys. Was it even possible to be so attached to someone in just less than two months? I got the answer to my own question, because even Jongin and I's calculus class and one-on-one lunch breaks were added to the things I look forward to throughout the week. 

Because of the time we spent together, I grew to realize that Jongin and I almost had a lot of things in common — from the sarcastic remarks and lame jokes to our shared love for sleep and comfort in silence. Perhaps it was the reason why I enjoy his company so much because I didn't need to try too hard just to become friends. 

It was even crazier when I pick up even the tiniest details about him — how he would always eat chicken, any dish as long as it's chicken he would buy it without second thoughts (and if chicken isn't on the menu he would just eat bread), how he would shut his eyes tight when he's laughing, how he would nip his finger on his lips absentmindedly like a lost child, how he would put his hands under his thighs when he's just sitting, and how he would stare at a talking person intently when he's listening.

“Got tired of your precious chicken?” I ask with a smirk when he sits across me without any food tray. 

Jongin shrugs his backpack off and puts it on the side. “Hm, I got something better than chicken.” He replies with a smirk as well, ping his bag and pulling out a container. He slams it on the table for dramatic effect as he says, “Bam! Homemade Kimchi spaghetti.” 

To be honest, I still find it hard to believe that Jongin can be such a kid at times. Because heck, looks can totally be deceiving. The dude has a lean, muscular body that matches his low voice.

“Oh,” I utter in mock surprise, shooting him a bored look. “Am I supposed to be moved or something?”

Jongin raises an eyebrow, his plump lips flashing a confident smirk as he rephrases what he just said. “Kyungsoo's kimchi spaghetti.”

When he sees my face brighten up at Kyungsoo's name, he lets out a mocking laugh, waggling his pointer finger at me. “The answer is no, if you want a bite.”

“Jongin, don't do this to me.” I beg. “Please?”

“Hmm,” Jongin teases as he pretends to think. “No.”

I roll my eyes, inviting myself a twirl instead. This brat can't stop me. Jongin protests with a Get your own, but doesn't make an effort in halting my action. 

“This is so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter