Sunday Brunch

In Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MARCH 17, 2013 — Sunday
DAY SIXTEEN 


I wake up to the annoying vibration of Subin's phone against her wooden desk, the screen lighting up in the dark. I throw one of my pillows on Subin, hitting her exactly in the face. But just like the heavy sleeper she is, the doesn't even move an inch. I lie down once again when the phone finally stops vibrating, allowing me to close my eyes and sleep in peace. However, after a few minutes, it vibrates again. 

“Subin.” I say, without opening my eyes. “Answer the goddamn phone.” 

Just a few snores from her.

Groaning, I stand up from my bed angrily and pull the blanket off the sleeping . Subin curls into a fetus position, muttering gibberish words then snores away. I knew it was hopeless. 

Without looking at the caller's name, I answer the phone for her. “What the hell do you want?”

“Is this Subin?” Baekhyun. 

“Yeah it's her why?” 

“I don't think so.” 

“What do you want?!”

“I know it's you, Soojin.”

“I don't have time for this. I'm hang-”

“Wait!” Baekhyun interjects before I end the call. “Don't tell me both of you are still sleeping?” 

I frown, although he can't see me. “So?”

“It's already twelve noon.”

“WHAT?” I ask loudly, eyes going wide as I open the blinds which was a dumb move because the light nearly blinded my eyes. Remembering I still have a homework due tomorrow, I scream to myself, slightly going hysterical. “, , .” 

I frown deeply when I hear the boys laughing on the other end. “Am I on speaker?”

“Yeah, since I realized it's you.” 

“Baekhyun!”

“Calm down, Soojin.” I can already see Baekhyun smiling. “Let's go eat outside! Junmyeon hyung's treat!” 

“Listen Baek, I can't-”

“Okay, see ya!” Baekhyun chirps, cutting me off.

My eyebrows furrow at his response. Quick to answer at him, I say, “What the hell? I said I can't come-”

“What? I can't hear you. Bye!” 

I groan frustratingly the second I hear the beeping of the phone, not giving me the chance to respond.  it. I tell myself when I recall the homework. 

Grabbing random clothes in my closet, I rush towards the bathroom.

After taking a shower, I notice Subin was still sleeping on her bed, not even moving an inch from her position earlier. 

“WAKE UP !” I shout, slapping Subin's cheek lightly. 

Subin moves a little, murmuring with her eyes shut. “The boys were kidding. I checked the time while you were showering. It's just eight in the morning.” 

“..”

Oh that Baekhyun is going down. 


— 


“Open the door!” I say while banging on their door aggressively.

“No, no. Don't open the door!” The person, specifically the boy named Baekhyun, says loud enough that it reaches my ears. 

“I can clearly hear you, Baekhyun!” I yell, crossing my arms. 

After a short pause and shuffling of feet, the door finally opens, revealing Junmyeon in his pajamas and bed hair. “Hi Soojin.”

Without removing my shoes, I sprint past him while muttering a hey, my eyes focused on finding that blonde-haired Baekhyun who was already running for his life. Luckily, I was fast enough to catch him before he even reaches his room, putting him in a headlock. The boys, excluding Jongin, were sitting on the couch, watching us in amusement. 

“Soojin- wait-” Baekhyun ends up kneeling on the floor while laughing as I give him his well-deserved noogie. 


— 


Later that day, Junmyeon suggests eating brunch outside the campus in which we all agree right away after our nap. On our way to the restaurant, I ended up chatting with Chanyeol who sat beside me in the bus since Subin was busy playing with Baekhyun's phone and Sehun was conversing with Junmyeon. 

Chanyeol and I talked about random things, from Mr. Lee and his class to Chanyeol's crazy high school days with Baekhyun. When Baekhyun had his first girlfri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter