Tuesday Pizza

In Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MARCH 5, 2013 — Tuesday
DAY FOUR
 

There is this one particular terror professor Chanyeol had been telling me that almost made him fail the subject on his Freshman year. Unfortunately, he was my first class ever today and it was a freaking Calculus class — something Chanyeol kept as a surprise despite my persistence. 

Soojin 9:32am
, he's our professor in math class? Calculus, to be exact. 

Chanyeol 9:32am
Haha. It's nothing to his Stat class.

Soojin 9:33am
But Stat is easy

Chanyeol 9:33am
You'll regret saying that. 

Chanyeol 9:34am
And why are you texting? Mr. Lee doesn't like texting in his class. 

Soojin 9:34am 
Apparently, he's running late.

Chanyeol 9:35am
Oh, I almost forgot he's ALWAYS 5-10 minutes late and he also loves extending classes. 

Mr. Lee strides inside the classroom, almost too unnoticeably. If not for his bright red necktie, I would have mistaken his entrance as the wind. 

Everyone straightens up on their seat right away under his menacing gaze. He was just standing in front, looking at each one of us with his arms crossed. It's dead silent like quiet hours in the dormitory — no one is speaking, no one is moving, and it's like no one is breathing too. 

“First things first,” He starts after his five minutes of one-sided staring contest. “Number one, I don't like noises especially when I'm teaching. All eyes on the board, no texting, no phones, no whispering, no distractions. Just eyes on the board.” 

Everybody gulps visibly while exchanging looks. 

“Number two, when I ask you to recite, you recite. I don't take silence for an answer. I don't care if it's correct or not. Just answer the question or problem.” 

I feel my palms sweating. Damn, this is going to be the longest two hours of my life. 

“Number three-” Mr. Lee was cut off when the door opens, all our eyes on the boy catching his breath, his hair a mess like he had been running for his life. That's when I realize it was Jongin. 

“I'm sorry I'm late, sir.” He mutters, quickly sitting on the vacant chair beside me. Mr. Lee doesn't look amused. If possible, he was even more dead serious, his eyes never leaving Jongin one bit. “Number three, I don't like students who are later than me.” He deadpans.  

Jongin stiffens on his seat while gulping nervously. “Well . I'm in trouble, aren't I?” He whispers lowly to himself. 

“You definitely are.” I whisper back when Mr. Lee was already writing on the board. 

Jongin turns to me with an amused smirk. 



“Damn, that old man needs to chill.” Jongin huffs out his pent-up irritation the moment Mr. Lee steps out of the room. Not knowing if he was talking to me, I chuckle lightly to myself while writing notes on my notebook leisurely. 

Jongin stretches his arms on the chair with a tired yawn before standing up and ramming his things inside his backpack. “ morning classes.” He murmurs. 

Realizing everyone was already leaving and the next class might start in a few minutes, I quicken my writing, somewhat panicking internally. Jongin was already heading outside, probably going to his next class. 



Lunch break used to be the only time I look forward to throughout a school day. Obviously, just because I get to eat food and talk with my friends. But that wasn't the case in college. Earlier, I asked Sehun and Subin's schedule but it seems like all our breaks do not match. Mine is from 11:30 am to 1 pm, Subin's break is from 9 am to 10:30 am and 1 pm to 2 pm while Sehun's classes start at 11am and end at 4pm with thirty minutes interval between two classes. 

Now, looking around the cafeteria, I knew I was going to be eating alone until I spot Chanyeol's glaring red hair by the c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter