Saturday Bonfire

In Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MARCH 2, 2013 — Saturday
DAY ONE


“Soojin.” Someone calls out. I groan, half asleep. 

“Go away.” I murmur as I turn my back on the person, covering my face with a pillow.  

“Soojin!!” The idiot persists, holding my ankles and pulling my body slowly off the bed.

Sehun gives up when I remain motionless even though half of my body was dangling, knees already touching the floor. When he releases his hold on my ankles, I stand up immediately and return to my old position on the bed, hugging an extra pillow. 

He grumbles something under his breath before slapping my cheeks lightly. “Wake up you ing pig.” 

I kick him on the chest right away, feeling annoyed that he was disturbing my precious sleep on a Saturday. Sehun loses his balance a little bit, a sigh escaping his lips. “It's already one in the afternoon you .” 

I open my eyes in surprise, automatically snapping my head towards Subin's side. The was already gone, although I clearly remember her promising she'll wake me up at eleven. Eleven. Two freaking hours ago.

“Subin relinquished after trying to wake you up for an hour and asked me to do it instead.” Sehun explains upon noticing the betrayed look on my face. “She's waiting for us in the cafeteria. Probably eating already.”

“Oh ,” I mutter to myself once I stand up and feel my head aching, realizing I overslept again.

Sehun rolls his eyes at me. “Can you at least move fast? I'm starving to death.”

It was my turn to roll my eyes as I slip into my furry bedroom slippers, wearing a hoodie as well. “Calm the down, princess.” 

“Whatever.” Sehun sits down on my bed as I brush my hair. “Anyway, Subin mentioned earlier that there will be an annual open bonfire party tonight in the quad.” He puts his hands in his jacket's pocket and shrugs. “I think it has something to do with freshmen welcome party and opening of the school year.” 

I shift my gaze from the mirror towards Sehun, still brushing my hair, and quirk an eyebrow. “That sounds fancy.” 

“And high school doesn't even have those.” Sehun agrees with a smile. “It's not even mandatory compared to the ty orientation week we had that says it's our own choice if we want to attend or not, but gives deduction points. Like, what the hell man, who are they kidding?”

I let out a chuckle as I put my brush down on my desk and turn to Sehun. “We're definitely going to that party.” 

“I knew you would say that.” 

Grabbing my wallet, I pull him off my bed and we head towards the cafeteria. 


— 


“I am so excited for this party!” Subin exclaims, a little too loud that some people were already giving us looks. “I heard there were hot upperclassmen coming!” 

When Subin keeps on making squealing noises, I grab both of her hands that were unnecessarily flailing in the air. “Can you calm the down?” 

Sehun, who was beside Subin, grimaces at the said girl. “If I were you, I would save that energy for the party.” Subin nods right away, about to speak but Sehun cuts her off as he turns to me. “Seriously? Where did you even meet this hyperactive girl?” 

Subin was the first person I ever met when I got into the campus. Sehun was already settled in his dorm back then, leaving me all by myself. I was walking alone towards my assigned dorm building when she tapped my shoulder to ask if she was in the right place. Being the good human being that I am, I didn't hesitate to help her, taking the opportunity to make friends other than Sehun. I asked her dorm building number and room number; it turns out she was my roommate and was friendless as well. Just like that, we gradually became good pals. 

“Roommate.” I remind Sehun, giving him a judging look. “Did you already forget?”

“That was a rhetorical question, dumb .” Sehun rolls his eyes, grimacing at me this time. “Thanks for reminding me how terrible and klutzy my roommate is.” 

Subin and I burst out laughing at Sehun's misery while he just throws his used, crumpled napkins at us in defense. 

“Ew.” Subin scrunches her nose in distaste and throws it back to Sehun while I just dust it off my lap.

“So what did he do this time?” I ask while leaning

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter