Friday Mayhem

In Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

APRIL 12, 2013 — Friday
DAY FORTY-TWO


Soojin 12:00am
Happy 19th birthday mothering princess. 

Sehun 12:00am
Excuse me but is that all I get for my birthday? 

Soojin 12:01am
Yes. Now stfu because I'm doing my philosophy notes. 

Sehun 12:02am

Soojin 12:04am
Motherer 



Right after my class ended, Subin and I met up in the common kitchen of the dorm building since her class ended earlier. Putting out all the ingredients from the bag, we also prepared the utensils to be used. 

“Now what?” Subin asks me as we stand in front of the counter. 

Eyebrows pulled together, I look at her confusedly. “What do you mean "now what"? You start baking!”

Subin smiles at me warily while fidgeting on the pack of sugar, as if she was hiding something from me. She murmurs a few seconds later, “I think we have a problem.”

“What is it?” 

She hesitates momentarily. “I don't know how to bake.”

“WHAT?” I exclaim, eyes going wide.

Subin looks at me guiltily, biting her nails apprehensively. “I'm sorry! I thought you know how.”

“Well, surprise. I don't.”

“How would I know?” 

I roll my eyes at her answer. “You were the one who suggested! I thought you know how!”

“Yeah.” Subin's voice goes smaller. “But you agreed so..”

“Subin!”

“Let's just buy a cake.” She proposes, forcing a smile. 

“We already bought the ingredients.” I point out. “Plus, my wallet is almost empty.” 

“Let's check the internet for instructions.”

“Fine.” I give in, opening the Safari on my phone. I type How to bake strawberry cake on the search bar, links displayed on the screen after loading. 

“Oh .” I curse out loud when the screen suddenly shows an apple before it turns pitch black just after I pressed the foodnetwork website. Staring at it blankly for a few seconds, I say hopelessly. “My phone's drained.”

“Mine too.” Subin groans loudly, her hands cupping the sides of her face. “What are we gonna do?”

“I don't know..”

Subin bites her nails, looking ahead while trying to think of something. On the other hand, I tap my fingers on the counter internally screaming because I didn't want to cancel our plan at the last minute. We worked ing hard for this. 

Subin pauses for a moment, her face lighting up when she turns to me. As if reading her thoughts, we point at each other as we share telepathic waves with wide, hopeful eyes, shouting in unison. “Kyungsoo!” 



“I think this is perfect already.” Kyungsoo says, pulling out the cake from the oven. Removing his kitchen mittens, he pokes the chiffon cake with a toothpick and grins happily. “All done.”

Subin and I clap excitedly by his side, exchanging evil smiles to which Kyungsoo was completely unaware of. Kyungsoo removes his apron, folding it neatly before saying, “You sure you don't need my help on the icing anymore?”

Flashing her most angelic smile, Subin replies, “Yup. But thank you for the help, Kyungsoo. You're our lifesaver!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter