Twenty Three

How To Make Him Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His phone is ringing. It's from Seungwan.

Chanyeol sighs. This might be not her attempt to reason something. He will feel weak, eventually. "Hello?"

"Oppa? Can we meet?"

"Yes?"

"Maybe we can meet at somewhere private. Not at your house, my house, or your restaurants."  Chanyeol knows this call isn't what he expected before. He leans to his chair, sighing as he knows this could mean one thing.

Seungwan will finish everything.

"Basketball court."  Chanyeol is a man who really honors symbols. He confessed at the basketball court, as he rejected her there. So if now she rejects him, it should be happened there.

Seungwan ponders. Chanyeol knows it by the silence she gives to him. "....Alright. What time?"

"Dinner time. We meet there first before we get back to my house."

And the time finally comes. Chanyeol comes first and he sees they will not be alone. Some high-school male students decide to play there at night, probably because tomorrow is weekend; they might not need to work on their homeworks. As Chanyeol watches them play, he is interested to play along with them. Children today grows so fast and so tall, so their heights are not that far from him. He approaches them and challenges them, just to kill some time.

When he plays, Seungwan comes. She actually went back to the house and changed back from her previous attire. She is now in casual attire; long sweater with sweatpants. And she smiles when she finds out Chanyeol is playing with those kids. She then goes to the spectators' bench as Chanyeol doesn't realize that she has arrived. She sees how beaming Chanyeol is; this is the Park Chanyeol she could remember when she was amazed by his play. She thought that part has gone by the time they grew up, but turns out it is just hidden. Chanyeol has chosen to become an enterpreneur for his adult life but he still has this part in his life.

Seungwan remembers that stranger's talk to her.

"He's not perfect at all, Miss Son. If you can accept him the way he is, I believe you will be able to forgive him. But if you can't forgive him and accept him the way he is, no matter how you want to be with him, it will end badly. Think about it, Miss Son. Forgiveness is the key"

Chanyeol has never been perfect. Nobody has. Seungwan has fallen for him as he shows to her how to become a beaming person; someone that is so shiny that nobody can't see him directly. Seungwan wants that man. She thought that man has changed into something, but it's just not that simple. People have some sides. Chanyeol is both shining and silent guy. He is not romantic and not the prince charming Seungwan has ever dreamt about, but he is also that prince charming. It might be hard to understand, but Seungwan now can see it.

The problem also lies within her. She can't take to be hurt again. She needs to do something. She is upset that the fact that the broken heart can't be healed by just..., by just what Chanyeol has done to her. Chanyeol thought she was ready to be at the stage where they shouldn't sugar-coat their relationship whereas Seungwan actually still needs to be assured. That is their clash.

Chanyeol then realizes that Seungwan has arrived. He says couple words with the kids before approaches her. He smiles and sits directly next to her. "You can say whatever you want to say."

She takes a deep breath. "You need to say sorry to me again. You need to ask an apology again to me."

Chanyeol turns to her. "I am sorry for not being obvious at your feelings. I understand that what I have done to you is beyond. Nobody should hurt anyone like I have hurt you. You don't deserve to be yelled; you never deserve that. I was blindedly thinking that I was the one who got hurt there, but I understand I should ask you more properly."

Seungwan smiles a bit. Chanyeol also realizes that. So this might be smoother than she thought before. "I am also sorry. I pretended that everything was okay. The truth is I didn't want you to see me as weak girl. I didn't want you to see me as immature girl, and the truth is, I unknowingly tried so hard to become like the girl that I thought you liked: lady-like, mature, calm, and understanding. I am not like that, and it backfired at me. I felt so scared when that type of girl came to your life; I thought you would leave me like you did when you took back Sulli-sshi. And the truth is I can't forgive you just yet."

Chanyeol feels like his breath is taken away.

Here it goes.

"I can't forgive you. You have hurt me a lot. You rejected me, then you two-timed me, and recently, you yelled at me for something that you should realize it wasn't entirely my fault. I can't take it anymore."

Seungwan tries her best not to show that her voice is about to crack. He really loves this man; on every line in her life, he is the only one in his mind. Letting him go is like letting her biggest part go. And it is never easy. But if she wants to become better person, if she wants everyone to become better person, this is the answer. "We need to take ourselves apart, oppa. Re-evaluate everything and think about everything. Have we done the things right? Do we actually match for each other? Are we really, well, soulmates? Are we really in love with each other--"

"That last question,"  Chanyeol groans and Seungwan turns to him. He clenches his grip, "do not ever say I pity you. I know the difference of pitying or loving. I love you, Son Seungwan, not pitying you. Please remember that."

Seungwan stares to him as he stares to her back. "I know what you want,"  he continues, "and I understand it is my fault. I accept it, but don't you ever say I don't love you. I will wait for you, even if it is not what you want. I will wait for you to forgive me, Son Seungwan. I will wait for you until you are ready. I don't care how long it will take because I know for real I love you and I know we are destined to be together. The universe brought you back again and again; it is not just a random thing, and I know you also know it. Re-evaluating, I agree on it. I know you need to do it. I understand."

The mature side of Chanyeol is showing, and this is his charming side has turned into. She always searches for the charming side that she had expected ever since she was in elementary school, not realizing that that charming side has changed into some things that he always shows to her. Someone who acknowledges his mistakes and embraces them. Someone who takes careful care to her. And someone who tri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter